TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

You know that's a better question for Matt on how it goes for the majority of their fittimgs. But I'm guessing like mine most components, head, shaft grips need to be ordered. If you think about how many people they are fitting to very specific specs, it would be impossible to have all every head, every shaft, grip available on the spot.

Think of it as being fit for a custom suit by a Tailor. He's not going to build it and fit it on the spot. He may even have to order the material.

My instant gratification was the fact I knew I had been fit to clubs that we're going to improve my game AND had received PGA Professional swing instruction all in one half day.

Waiting a few weeks for the clubs while the anticipation is surely high, is well worth the process.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah I understand. I guess I figured if they had everything to fit you into a driver you would probably just leave with that club in hand. Wasn't thinking about the fact that the heads are probably all well used at this point

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I understand. I guess I figured if they had everything to fit you into a driver you would probably just leave with that club in hand. Wasn't thinking about the fact that the heads are probably all well used at this point

Yep, true on the used heads, and I'm sure keeping a full shaft inventory of all the brands, flexes and lengths would be tough to manage as well.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

And they're using a special fitting system for adapters. The shafts and heads they use for fittings do not have OEM adapters

And they're using a special fitting system for adapters. The shafts and heads they use for fittings do not have OEM adapters

Didn't know that thanks

Yeah I've seen those in retail fitting carts. FSR I had TXG pictured in my head with the actual OEM adapters on. The more I think about that the more ridiculous it seems. No way to carry enough inventory to fit all the different heads

Yep. Meant to mention the club conex system. But I think they also would have a supply of OEM adapters on hand, if they did have an occasion to build or reshaft a set on the spot. Just not enough to offer it on a regular basis.

A really good one put up yesterday on steel and graphite shafts.

Also stay tuned to the end. You may here an update on someone you know

Thanks Ian for the shout-out.

https://youtu.be/7Ea4fA8ZCGI

Seriously impressive stuff here. After watching some of the videos, yesterday and this morning. I've got to get my next fitting done in Toronto.

Thanks for sharing your experience Rob! Going back to Srixon..... with the correct swing weight... I'm ready to see this draw in action.

Seriously impressive stuff here. After watching some of the videos, yesterday and this morning. I've got to get my next fitting done in Toronto.

Thanks for sharing your experience Rob! Going back to Srixon..... with the correct swing weight... I'm ready to see this draw in action.

Yeah buddy. That was my exact thought after watching a few, that I'm going up there for sure.

The new swing is taking shape more and more each week. Getting very comfortable with the irons and driver is pretty straight. But I have pretty much eliminated the big right miss.

The above video was fantastic. I finally learned not only the physical difference between parallel and taper tips, but the different performance characteristics of them.

Watched these guys last night put a PV1 up against a Snell, Vice, Oncore. It was interesting and I like their vids and stuff; generally speaking. However, they talk too damn much. LOL This vid last night was about 20 minutes but before they even struck a ball they blabbed about nothing of substance really for perhaps 10 minutes. Then they tested the balls for 5 minutes and then wrapped it all up with another 5 minutes of jabber. TXG... get to the point. We're guys. We don't want or need all the jabber. Just the facts man.... the facts. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I feel the same way, I want to head there and get fit as well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The biggest thing that made your fitting so interesting was the explanations, the graphic representation, but more importantly just how much knowledge both gentleman shared throughout the process. Anytime you can get to playing better golf, and extend your own knowledge base it's a huge win. Best minds in the business are great, but having them translate it to a common man. Knowledge is power, but only when it's shared.

The biggest thing that made your fitting so interesting was the explanations, the graphic representation, but more importantly just how much knowledge both gentleman shared throughout the process. Anytime you can get to playing better golf, and extend your own knowledge base it's a huge win. Best minds in the business are great, but having them translate it to a common man. Knowledge is power, but only when it's shared.

Very well said. One thing that I shared with Ian off camera (not intentionally off camera, just came in our discussion afterward). I have seen a couple highly regarded teaching pros, who were unable to explain to me how to make the change I needed to make in a way I could implement it. That is huge. Otherwise you (as a student) can feel like your a failure and just banging your head against a wall.

Within 20 minutes Ian was able to get me moving the clubface in the direction it needed to be. I still have a lot of work ahead. But having some immediate succesful feedback is the best confidence builder you can have.

Watched these guys last night put a PV1 up against a Snell, Vice, Oncore. It was interesting and I like their vids and stuff; generally speaking. However, they talk too damn much. LOL This vid last night was about 20 minutes but before they even struck a ball they blabbed about nothing of substance really for perhaps 10 minutes. Then they tested the balls for 5 minutes and then wrapped it all up with another 5 minutes of jabber. TXG... get to the point. We're guys. We don't want or need all the jabber. Just the facts man.... the facts.

Agreed, too much talking.

Couldn't disagree more with these statements. I think it's perfect. If all you want to see is a YouTube pro hitting shots and showing numbers there are plenty of places on YouTube for that.

For me the explanations and the why and how are the best part. There is no one else on any site sharing this type of knowledge, and Ive seen just about all of them.

Couldn't disagree more with these statements. I think it's perfect. If all you want to see is a YouTube pro hitting shots and showing numbers there are plenty of places on YouTube for that.

For me the explanations and the why and how are the best part. There is no one else on any site sharing this type of knowledge, and Ive seen just about all of them.

I'm with you, the videos the right mix to me. I don't need to see mat hit every shot, but a break in that when he describes a feeling it what he's seeing followed by a convo then back to hitting works for me. I want the details before during and after

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm with you, the videos the right mix to me. I don't need to see mat hit every shot, but a break in that when he describes a feeling it what he's seeing followed by a convo then back to hitting works for me. I want the details before during and after

Exactly. I think they strike a great balance.

I like their explanations. And unless you are watching a live feed, you can just fast forward through their talk.

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

I am also in the camp of the videos being the right length and right audio content.  It is about explaining the concepts of fitting and how equipment impacts performance.   I don't really want to see them just hit balls and if it is took long skip forward.  = I guess it is like feel people vs mechanical people, some dont care about numbers and understanding the why, they just follow the concept of what feels right and instills confidence. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Exactly.

I watch Mark Crossfield because he's entertaining, and I also learn things.

I watch TXG because I learn things, and it's also entertaining.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I watch Mark Crossfield because he's entertaining, and I also learn things.

I watch TXG because I learn things, and it's also entertaining.

Absolutely. It doesn't have to be on or the other. I just watched a Rick Shiels review last night and enjoyed it for what it was.

We certainly don't mind constructive criticism and we take all feedback into account, but calling 10 minutes of that video "blabber" and "nothing of substance" is pretty ignorant. If we didn't think it had any value, why would we bother including it in the video? Again, we value feedback but try having some respect and consideration for the amount of time and effort that's put into them.

You're watching a video for the discussion, otherwise you might as well go read an article with data posted in a chart. Ian's fit thousands of people including tour players, the whole point of the channel is to extract his knowledge and communicate it. Literally anyone can buy a GC Quad and do this test and post the results, there's nothing unique or insightful about that.

Loved the high balance point shaft video you guys just posted.

Matt - what is the swing weight of your gamer driver?

I actually have no idea, as ridiculous as that sounds. To be honest I've been testing both the G400 LST and Max on the course for the last 2 weeks (using demos from the shop), so I haven't had a final club built yet. I will say that after doing the testing in that shaft balance video, it seems a heavier swing weight is up my alley.

I actually have no idea, as ridiculous as that sounds. To be honest I've been testing both the G400 LST and Max on the course for the last 2 weeks (using demos from the shop), so I haven't had a final club built yet. I will say that after doing the testing in that shaft balance video, it seems a heavier swing weight is up my alley.

Makes sense and I'm in the process of experimenting with a heavier swing weight as well, especially because my shaft has a high balance point

A really good one put up yesterday on steel and graphite shafts.

Also stay tuned to the end. You may here an update on someone you know

Thanks Ian for the shout-out.

I feel like I have learned a lot from every one of their videos, but this was the first one that made me look at my golf back and think that I needed to redo everything... Well, at least kick every steel shaft out of my bag and straight to the recycling center. The problem I have with that is that I don't know if there is another fitter out there that does that level of fitting. These guys are really informative, Ian and  Matt are too good and have ruined all future fittings for me. 

That said, when is the best time of year to visit Toronto?  ;)

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I hear good deal can be had on airline prices and hotels in January :D   But seriously, I think there is always something going on in Toronto, but I believe they are n peak tourist season right now.  Prices for my trip were less expensive in early June when I went vs later June or July.   But perhaps the fall is a good compromise, and by then some of the companies will have put out some of their early release stuff for 2019, such as Srixon and the new 585/785 irons and Titleist with the TS2/TS3 drivers/FW and I'm sure TM, Callaway and PING are not going to stand pat either.  

I was watching Scratch Golf and TXG was a recommended video to watch.  I watched it and now I am going through all their videos.  I really enjoy how they combine things in the video.

Driver:  Titleist, TS2 10.5* regular, Tensei AV Series,Blue 55

3 Wood: Cobra 3-4 Wood Stiff shaft

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: S2 21* stiff

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: R7 16* stiff

Irons:    Ping G's 5-PW AWT 2.0 regular flex

AW:       Calloway MD4 50*

SW:      Mizuno 54* Blue Ion, 8* of bounce 

LW:      :titelist-small: 6000S 60*

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Red Ball

Ball:      :titelist-small: AVX

Archived