TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

Actually, there is plenty of available "good content" to back up criticism of TXG videos, but the majority here probably don't want to read it.

For example, TXG videos do reveal a couple of guys with fresh haircuts and gel styling, trendy golf clothes, professional set lighting, one guy making swings (with a big time sway off the ball),  that their jacked up machine/simulator claims to produce 200 yard carry 6-irons and 250 yard carry hybrid shots while the other one rambles on because he likes to hear himself talk. 

But since the average player shoots 100 these two salesmen have a captive audience of potential customers hoping to be able to somehow buy a game. 

1dui2c.jpg

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what you believe to be the "topic" and, or, appropriate commentary here. My sense is that if anyone posts a criticism of TXG you get defensive and, or, make threats.

Regardless, my suggestion for you is to forget about buying new clubs for awhile and instead spend some time getting instruction so that you might learn to make a reasonably effective golf swing. Hope this helps.

And my suggestion to you is going to go find another golf forum to play instigator at. Hope that helps

Actually, there is plenty of available "good content" to back up criticism of TXG videos, but the majority here probably don't want to read it.

For example, TXG videos do reveal a couple of guys with fresh haircuts and gel styling, trendy golf clothes, professional set lighting, one guy making swings (with a big time sway off the ball),  that their jacked up machine/simulator claims to produce 200 yard carry 6-irons and 250 yard carry hybrid shots while the other one rambles on because he likes to hear himself talk. 

But since the average player shoots 100 these two salesmen have a captive audience of potential customers hoping to be able to somehow buy a game. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Thanks for the laugh.

Mods, I don't want to be disrespectful of this forum so I'm just going to hold my tongue. I really think people like that deserve to get an unrestrained response, but this is not "my house" so to speak and I respect that. Topline, your behaviour is disrespectful and thousands would disagree with every single word you've written. Except maybe the "fresh haircuts, gel styling and trendy golf clothes", we'll actually just take that as a compliment.

Guys, I'm not a forum participant by nature – I started chiming in here for honest feedback which we're happy to take both positive and negative. We read every single comment and make note of everything. But again, I don't believe in letting people like Topline get away with totally off-base posts like that with no accountability. That's fundamentally wrong and something the internet community has fostered for way too long.

That will be enough boys. Let's keep this thread on topic and discuss the videos in question. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Guys, I'm not a forum participant by nature – I started chiming in here for honest feedback which we're happy to take both positive and negative. We read every single comment and make note of everything. But again, I don't believe in letting people like Topline get away with totally off-base posts like that with no accountability. That's fundamentally wrong and something the internet community has fostered for way too long.

I hope a couple of posters don't discourage you from participating in this forum.  It is great to watch the videos and also get your insight on this forum.  One of the reasons I like the community here is the vast majority of posts don't get to this level of personal attack.  On other forums if a thread gets past about 3 pages you know that there is a 80% chance it is going to turn into a flame war.  

Keep up the great work.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Thanks for the laugh.

Mods, I don't want to be disrespectful of this forum so I'm just going to hold my tongue. I really think people like that deserve to get an unrestrained response, but this is not "my house" so to speak and I respect that. Topline, your behaviour is disrespectful and thousands would disagree with every single word you've written. Except maybe the "fresh haircuts, gel styling and trendy golf clothes", we'll actually just take that as a compliment.

I'm sorry Matt but I've just got to disagree. I don't think your golf clothes are trendy. You do have nice fresh haircuts though

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

... appreciate the work you and Ian do @matt416.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your thoughts on here.

It's a privilege to have you here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

For example, TXG videos do reveal a couple of guys with fresh haircuts and gel styling, trendy golf clothes, professional set lighting, one guy making swings (with a big time sway off the ball), that their jacked up machine/simulator claims to produce 200 yard carry 6-irons and 250 yard carry hybrid shots while the other one rambles on because he likes to hear himself talk.

@Topline, it has been observed based on your posts that you don't buy into the concepts of fitting using technology such as launch monitors and prefer static fitting, old school club design, and working through how to make the clubs and swing work together. That is fine and you are welcome to have those beliefs.

The general reader of this thread believes that technology has a place in fitting and have seen that launch monitors are beneficial in the practice, lesson, and fitting area.

Perhaps you should start a thread on your approaches to fitting and swing theory. Provide some detail on how we can get better and how your observations translate into real world performance improvements. I know I would be interested in hearing your perspective in more detail.

Please note, this is not taking a shot at Topline, he is entitled to his thoughts on fitting. I am just hoping the attacks on people stop in this thread. I enjoy this thread, I appreciate that Matt is here to personally answer some of our questions, and no I don't agree with everything that TXG has stated in their videos. Ultimately if the TXG content isn't something you enjoy, simply skip the posts in the thread.

@matt416, Really want you guys to dedicate some time to putters and Ian's theories behind fitting them and showing how putters with different face balances and hosel types impact the path and rotation of the putter.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

One thing I would think they will focus on, will be the misconception thst the balls are now reversed I'm characteristics. Meaning the X now flies lower than the V.

This is simply not true, I have heard this directly from the VP who is solely I'm charge of ProV development.

What they have done is bring them closer together, by lowering the X peak ball flight and increasing the Vs a bit.

Feedback from the tour was they liked all the spin capabilities of the X but it flew a bit to high on partial and wedge shots.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've seen similar discussions on that subject and people seem to have that belief they were reversed for some reason. Good info there from the vp on what they've done. In my experience this year I would say the ball flights are closer but there is some noticeable difference in the height of th 1x

Looking forward to the video

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Help me!

I won a dozen Pro V1's the other day at a scramble. Since I'm normally an X player I had hoped for the alternative but I'm not one to scoff at a free prize.

So I get home and check out the back of the box. Am I nuts or has the Pro V now become a lower spinning ball? I was always under the impression that the V was for players who wanted more spin and a softer feel while the X was a lower more boring ball flight with lower spin.

Have they changed that much?

Driver SS is 105-112 and 7 iron distance is 170.

Maybe I should move to the V1 instead.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I was under the same impression for previous generations.  I think they went based on compression and ball flight this year.  The X launches higher and feels firmer.  The V1 launches lower and is softer.  X is also supposed to spin more off irons and wedges.

So yeah, backwards from what they always previously marketed.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I went to a Titleist Ball fitting last spring. That gave me a nice half an hour with a Titleist Ball fitter. There is a thread about that elsewhere.

Actually it's not backwards - the Pro VI has not changed or changed very little. So if you've been a Pro VI player you would stay there.

What has changed was the spin rate around the greens for the Pro VIx around the greens. Titleist Tour players preferred the little extra distance that the x offered but wanted the green side spin of the Pro VI. So that's what the current Ix has.

If I could provide links I would reference that link for you directly.

I hope this helps - I think Titleist really messed this up by not clarifying what the change was all about. Their current packaging creates the exact perception offered here. In fact it was the reason why I went for a fitting, I assumed I was going to need to change balls. Not a chance.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I went to a Titleist Ball fitting last spring. That gave me a nice half an hour with a Titleist Ball fitter. There is a thread about that elsewhere.

Actually it's not backwards - the Pro VI has not changed or changed very little. So if you've been a Pro VI player you would stay there.

What has changed was the spin rate around the greens for the Pro VIx around the greens. Titleist Tour players preferred the little extra distance that the x offered but wanted the green side spin of the Pro VI. So that's what the current Ix has.

If I could provide links I would reference that link for you directly.

I hope this helps - I think Titleist really messed this up by not clarifying what the change was all about. Their current packaging creates the exact perception offered here. In fact it was the reason why I went for a fitting, I assumed I was going to need to change balls. Not a chance.

Pitch perfect. I had to do a double take when I read the back of the box and saw what I always thought were X properties on the original V1. I didn't think that the X would have been a higher spinning ball but here we are...Thanks!

IMG_6543.JPG

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The Pro V is 3 piece is softer, lower and less spin, and the X is a 4 piece or dual core and higher flight and more spin.

I often have some of each in my bag, and I would say the differences in them have more to do with me than they do with their construction.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

The Pro V is 3 piece is softer, lower and less spin, and the X is a 4 piece or dual core and higher flight and more spin.

I often have some of each in my bag, and I would say the differences in them have more to do with me than they do with their construction.

Haha I think we can all agree to end it on that right there!!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I really enjoyed the graphite vs steel irons video. Ian's explanation of parallel sections on irons made more sense than anything I had heard previously. I had heard of putting an 8 iron shaft in a wedge, but never understood "why" until now.

Thanks guys for staying informative! I love the details that these videos give out and my knowledge as a golfer and part time club tinkerer is growing because of it!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Regarding "personal attacks", if one reads this thread they may note that it was Matt who called another poster "ignorant", and then other participants here  wrote wrote their own personal attacks, proclaiming those who questioned TXG to be  "uninformed", "troll", "combative" etc... 

For my part, I only wrote something of a personal nature after others had started down that path.

We are done with this now. Am I being clear enough?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

There is some discussion in the TXG thread on this very subject. A head to head comparison is apparently about to hit their site.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

....just finished with the shaft balance point/swingweight video and I come away - again - amazed at 

1) how much Ian knows about club construction and components

2) how very fine tuned a good quality fitter can be at finding the best clubs for your swing

Who would have thought that the balance point of a shaft would make that much difference...or the grip color, or the shaft tip/sleeve!

Great work again guys...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

....just finished with the shaft balance point/swingweight video and I come away - again - amazed at

1) how much Ian knows about club construction and components

2) how very fine tuned a good quality fitter can be at finding the best clubs for your swing

Who would have thought that the balance point of a shaft would make that much difference...or the grip color, or the shaft tip/sleeve!

Great work again guys...

The tip adapter is interesting and I believe that was the reasoning TM went with their current one that has the little “notches” around it to save weight

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I watched the Shawn Clement video today where he was getting fitted by Ian. Do you offer that level of fitting for every fit by going through each club? Or I could come in with my current set and go through each club and optimize the lie angle and loft angle for optimal flight and yardage gaps? I have a forged set that's more bendable. Curious for future reference!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I watched the Shawn Clement video today where he was getting fitted by Ian. Do you offer that level of fitting for every fit by going through each club? Or I could come in with my current set and go through each club and optimize the lie angle and loft angle for optimal flight and yardage gaps? I have a forged set that's more bendable. Curious for future reference!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ian has said in quite a few videos that very often they do fittings that simply involve tweaking the lofts and lies of the customer's current set.

.... in case anyone is curious what a fitting would be like, not exactly of course, but something like this I would imagine, Ian works with Shawn Clement on his irons and checks to make sure everything is proper.... they're kind of long videos so you may want to skip around but I find these interesting to watch.

the second one is about different shafts....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I wish Matt and Ian would have done partial wedge shots. I have always been told, by people in the golf ball industry, that a firmer ball with more layers will spin more on partial shots than a softer ball with less layers (ie the prov1x spinning more than the prov1, zstar vx spinning more than zstar)

This is due to the core not compressing and the softer urethane cover pressing up against all firmer core/mantle vs a softer core that gives way with the cover

I wish Matt and Ian would have done partial wedge shots. I have always been told, by people in the golf ball industry, that a firmer ball with more layers will spin more on partial shots than a softer ball with less layers (ie the prov1x spinning more than the prov1, zstar vx spinning more than zstar)

This is due to the core not compressing and the softer urethane cover pressing up against all firmer core/mantle vs a softer core that gives way with the cover

I'm definitely not the expert, but I'd be surprised if the X spun more on partial shots just based on my experience with testing them and seeing the numbers. Then again, what you've said certainly sounds feasible. Maybe I can grab some partial wedge shot numbers for you guys next time I'm in the studio.

Edit: referring to ProV1's here, not the chromesoft.

Archived