TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

...just curious if you guys will ever go out of the studio to test things like spin around the greens for golf balls and stuff.  I know that's not what you typically do but wondering if it was ever considered.  I think you can bring the trackman outdoors and still get the numbers and what not.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...just curious if you guys will ever go out of the studio to test things like spin around the greens for golf balls and stuff.  I know that's not what you typically do but wondering if it was ever considered.  I think you can bring the trackman outdoors and still get the numbers and what not.

We're actually planning to do that soon, we've just recently had an invitation from an extremely nice private course north of Toronto to let us film some videos at their facility.

We're actually planning to do that soon, we've just recently had a nice invitation from an extremely nice private course north of Toronto to let us film some videos at their facility.

That's GREAT!  Can't wait to see how those turn out.  Cool...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

We're actually planning to do that soon, we've just recently had an invitation from an extremely nice private course north of Toronto to let us film some videos at their facility.

Can you bring the quad to Cedarbrae? Have they fixed that range yet?

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

To be clear, ignorant by definition means: "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular". That poster clearly lacked awareness of the value of the discussion in that video, not to mention lacking awareness that calling someone's work "blabber" is neither constructive or respectful.

Have to be totally honest, from the very beginning of the channel I've strongly believed in addressing almost every single comment we get whether it's positive or negative. There are way too many people on the internet taking no responsibility and having no accountability for the things they say. The good news is that generally people are respectful and reasonable, but in my opinion when someone isn't they deserve to get called out on it.

Booked my appointment this afternoon. Really looking forward to seeing your shop! Thanks for the content, it's very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Is TXG planning on opening fitting facilities in the States? Really enjoy watching your videos, keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Booked my appointment this afternoon. Really looking forward to seeing your shop! Thanks for the content, it's very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oahu to Toronto?! I like your dedication!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Let me stow away?!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Matt, referring back to you and JLukes making comments on driver weight and going heavier. The guy who is the designer of the shafts I play said there is a big move in long-drive right now of going heavier, and shorter shaft lengths. He's even been seeing some guys go back to steel! Anyway, he made me a 44” driver with a higher head weight, matched everything up like cpm, shaft trimming, grip, etc and I can say it's producing some amazing drives. Folks always think “lighter” means more distance, but as physics proves-out, more mass at a high speed can produce greater results. Anyway, it's something that doesn't get attention in current marketing because that's not the route major OEMs go, nor how they build their clubs.

So, shorter and heavier... It's really a thing, “on the fringes” of golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If you guys could add the AVX to the Titleist info you end-up providing, that would be great. I played it during my last round and it DEFINITELY flies lower than any balls I play (CSX/TP5X).

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If you guys could add the AVX to the Titleist info you end-up providing, that would be great. I played it during my last round and it DEFINITELY flies lower than any balls I play (CSX/TP5X).

Ian mentioned that they're getting some AVX soon and will do a video on them once they're in the shop

Can you bring the quad to Cedarbrae? Have they fixed that range yet?

They did! (finally)

We've got a different course lined up for our outdoor videos though, I'll let it be a mystery until the first video comes out (hopefully) in a few weeks.

They did! (finally)

We've got a different course lined up for our outdoor videos though, I'll let it be a mystery until the first video comes out (hopefully) in a few weeks.

Is the on course stuff limited to patreon? I'm confused as to what content will be locked behind the subscriber wall

Is the on course stuff limited to patreon? I'm confused as to what content will be locked behind the subscriber wall

Patreon is basically a community of supporters that we provide exclusive content for in return for their membership. This will be things like exclusive Q&A streams just for them, behind the scenes videos, course vlog's of me and Ian playing golf, etc. It's definitely not intended to limit or section off our regular publishing of videos, in fact the financial support from that will greatly increase the quality and content of our free YouTube videos. That's really the overall vision, we want to fund the things like the swing robot, high-speed camera, production assistants, and so on. In the end every viewer is going to benefit from this, whether they contribute to our Patreon page or not.

We know that any time a paid subscription is introduced, the natural reaction is to think that the content provider will be saving the best stuff for the paid members. That's definitely not what we'll be doing. We will absolutely be providing a lot of value to members, but it will be quite a bit above and beyond what we do now and not overlapping or detracting from our YouTube channel.

Hopefully that addresses that question adequately, I don't want to dive into this too deeply as I'm aware that I'm a guest on this forum and we're talking about a paid platform for us. In a nutshell, the reason we went with Patreon is that we were impressed by their philosophy as less of a "money making platform" and more of a community for creators and viewers to form relationships and support each other as well as the creation of great content.

Outdoor fitting videos (i.e. the wedge fitting and tests) will definitely not be limited to members, so not to worry.

Just finished watching a video, and the thumbnail for the TXG Patreon video popped up.

And, without question, it needs a caption contest. Ian is chewing Matt out for something here; what happened?

Untitled-1.jpg

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures