jlukes

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

I'm curious what the swing fix was?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Stroker...see Answers Below

Out of curiosity Rob, and if you don't mind a few questions -

• Was any of this sponsored by MGS? Not at all, just a birthday present to myself.
  • Or did you just take it upon yourself to go up and see what TXG was all about? Yes, see above
  • You mentioned you bought based on your experience at a demo day - was this your first club fitting and if so what did you take away and if not how would you compare TXG to others? That's probably a longer answer than I can give now perhaps more late.  But in short, I hit the P790's at TM sponsored even where they just had all the clubs out for us to try.  it wasn't a scheduled fitting, just a grab and hit and try type thing.    I based my specs on previous fittings, I had done by Titleist in 2017 and other fittings in past years. 
  • If there were 3 things that you learned from this experience could you expound upon them? 

• That Ian truly  cares about you as a golfer and what he can do, to improve your game.  That is the most important thing to him, is you improving your game. 
  • That it is nearly impossible for most of us to "self diagnose or Self Fit/Fix" our games.  You may think your doing something but in reality, you aren't or think your not and you are.   For example, I didnt' "feel" like I was coming OTT so much, I thought maybe a hair.  But I was anywhere from 7 degrees or more out to in most cases. 
  • That Toronto has a TON of traffic!!.....OK, that one probably won't help you, so I'll give you four  :D 
  • If you want to improve, go see a professional.  Whether that professional is a true clubfitter such as Ian or a professional as in a PGA Pro.   I know that can be risky and a trial and error thing.  But that is what was so great about the TXG channel.  I got to see more than enough of Ian and not only his knowledge but his delivery and methods and personality.  So it was an easy choice, knowing I would probably be comfortable with him.

Hope that helps.  

• Like 8

I'm curious what the swing fix was?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Two things.

The first and biggest issue was my wrist angle during the swing.  My left (lead) wrist was in a very cupped position at the top of the swing coming down into impact, leaving clubfce wide open.  We worked on having it more flat to even bowed to exaggerate it.  See my comment above to stroker about what you think your doing.    Even when i thought it was flat it was still cupped, so he had me intentionally make it more bowed (think Dustin Johnson...that's my visual not one Ian gave me)    

Then working on swing path, coming from the inside vs out to in.   

• Like 5

Stroker...see Answers Below

Thanks Rob!  Happy belated birthday and congrats on the experience.  Really great of you to share it with us and happy to hear (and see!) it was fruitful for you.  Looking forward to reading how things go from this point forward....perhaps your club ho-ing days are done ???  :)

Good luck.

• Like 4

Great job Rob and Ian. I would be lying if I said I don't look at flights to Toronto about once a week

• Like 3

it is what it is, I'm not the best player in the world, but I'm not the worst player in the world. 

I can relate. I want this shirt:

worldgolf.jpg

• Like 7

Yep, I told my Fiance when I got home, no offense...but Best (belated) Birthday Ever :D

I was apprehensive for a bit about opening my game up to the public. But I figured two things. it is what it is, I'm not the best player in the world, but I'm not the worst player in the world. So thought about it, talked it over with Matt and what would be involved and the process and decided it would be a very unique experience. I don't regret it for a moment, the entire thing, going up playing a round of golf with Matt he day before and the fitting and the responses on the YT channel have exceeded my expectations.

You and Ian & Matt did a great job. I'm looking at this video and see how helpful this process can be. I'm rethinking my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

You and Ian & Matt did a great job. I'm looking at this video and see how helpful this process can be. I'm rethinking my setup.

I've been rethinking my setup since and now want to road trip Toronto.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

I went into watching this video hoping they were going to fit him into clubs he hoed himself put of and he did. Rob how do you feel knowing you had clubs in the bag that you were gaming?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I went into watching this video hoping they were going to fit him into clubs he hoed himself put of and he did. Rob how do you feel knowing you had clubs in the bag that you were gaming?

I feel great that at one point I made a smart and effective selection. I feel like a fool for letting them go

• Like 6

I feel great that at one point I made a smart and effective selection. I feel like a fool for letting them go

I feel that I've made the same mistake, clubs and shafts.

• Like 2

Talk about club ho! Damn Rob ... lets see, Titleist AP1, Srixon, TM. Maybe now you might stick with one OEM and realize its the Indian and not the Arrow. Ha!

Looks like it was well worth the trip and an eye opening experience. Nice to see you are now a YouTube sensation!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I can guarantee you 90% of us can say the same thing!

• Like 2

Talk about club ho! Damn Rob ... lets see, Titleist AP1, Srixon, TM. Maybe now you might stick with one OEM and realize its the Indian and not the Arrow. Ha!

Looks like it was well worth the trip and an eye opening experience. Nice to see you are now a YouTube sensation!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah. We've always known it's the player not the club. But as Ian said, nothing wrong at all with collecting and trying new things.

But if I'm able to get the irons. I'll commit to playing them at least the remainder of 2018. But most likely a full calandar year

• Like 6

I feel that I've made the same mistake, clubs and shafts.

That's how I felt after I let the Mizuno MP-32's go....one more to add to the regret pile...  :(

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Yeah. We've always known it's the player not the club. But as Ian said, nothing wrong at all with collecting and trying new things.

But if I'm able to get the irons. I'll commit to playing them at least the remainder of 2018. But most likely a full calandar year

If you play the same clubs for that long this forum will implode lol

• Like 5

Dont be hard on yourself truthfully the confidence you have now from being fit by TXG will prove to be better. I do expect to see all those back up sets on the classifieds here though domt give yourself any other options.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4