jlukes

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

Man, now I really want to see what a G400 Max can do for me. I feel like a higher launch could really help me, but above all I want a dispersion like Matt's.

• Like 2

I don't think I appreciated how important it was to get fit until watching these videos.  There are so many more things that can be changed I never thought of.  

• Like 5

Now that they have done shaft influence and head influence they should do a ball influence. What happens when you get fit with spinning pro v but actually play a low spin ball. Does the change in spin influence the fitting that much.

Reason for me is I did a CC fitting that showed my spin in the 2800/3000 range with proV but at MGS I see 2000ish with the Bridgestone ball. Is this the ball or difference between gcquad and trackman?

• Like 1

The amount of knowledge Ian has in terms of club balance and physics, and whatever else you want to call it, is amazing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now that they have done shaft influence and head influence they should do a ball influence. What happens when you get fit with spinning pro v but actually play a low spin ball. Does the change in spin influence the fitting that much.

Reason for me is I did a CC fitting that showed my spin in the 2800/3000 range with proV but at MGS I see 2000ish with the Bridgestone ball. Is this the ball or difference between gcquad and trackman?

For sure, we've got a few ball videos planned for the near future!

Would be unlikely to see an 800rpm difference on the driver between two premium balls, I would think there's another variable in play there whether it's the launch monitor or not.

• Like 4

For sure, we've got a few ball videos planned for the near future!

Would be unlikely to see an 800rpm difference on the driver between two premium balls, I would think there's another variable in play there whether it's the launch monitor or not.

Thanks for the response. My guess would be launch monitor. I tried some clubs as I went to different shops and did see variations on the same driver between trackman, gc quad, gc2, and skytrack. This is why whenever I am comparing to my current clubs I need to remember to actually try my clubs in the launch monitor. Never know how the device is setup with regard to conditions.

• Like 1

Must watch video up today on head vs shaft and what is more important in influencing ball flight.

Spoiler alert: it's the head

I've watched a few of their videos and this one was one of my favs

• Like 2

I've recently discovered their channel and it QUICKLY became my favorite youtube golf channel, by far.  It's super informative and in-depth.

My only complaint is that after watching their videos, I've realized how important it is to get fit... and now I have to go spend a ton of money on a whole new set of gear ;P

• Like 5

I think I'm up to date on all the videos.    My personal favorite was the fitting for Steve the 20 handicap.  I posted in the comments on the channel, he is my clone, I mean literally from height, swing style and LM numbers.  Seeing what the fitting did for him was phenomenal.

I'll say it right now, I'm volunteering to go to Toronto for MGS and film a video of Club fitting of a Club Ho, and tell my story of how I've tried just about every driver/iron out there some were self fit, some were fit by an OEM, so tt was limited to that OEM.   But for a true club ho to get an unbiased flitting form an expert like Ian, I think that would make for a great video and article for MGS!!  

@Matt...have you guys ever had a self admitted club ho come in and say I give up, I'm putting myself in your hands and will go with the results of your fitting.

I know probably more than a few on here are rolling there eyes at me saying, I'd go with the recommendation and not look back!!!

• Like 6

I think I'm up to date on all the videos.    My personal favorite was the fitting for Steve the 20 handicap.  I posted in the comments on the channel, he is my clone, I mean literally from height, swing style and LM numbers.  Seeing what the fitting did for him was phenomenal.

I'll say it right now, I'm volunteering to go to Toronto for MGS and film a video of Club fitting of a Club Ho, and tell my story of how I've tried just about every driver/iron out there some were self fit, some were fit by an OEM, so tt was limited to that OEM.   But for a true club ho to get an unbiased flitting form an expert like Ian, I think that would make for a great video and article for MGS!!  

@Matt...have you guys ever had a self admitted club ho come in and say I give up, I'm putting myself in your hands and will go with the results of your fitting.

I know probably more than a few on here are rolling there eyes at me saying, I'd go with the recommendation and not look back!!!

If I was single I would already be up in Toronto for a few night stay for a full bag fitting. 

• Like 5

If I was single I would already be up in Toronto for a few night stay for a full bag fitting.

Me too!

If I wasn't 5000 miles and a couple thousand dollars away from getting there, I'd already have been in Toronto

• Like 2

These guys are super smart at fitting and know how to put a slick vedeo together. I have really enjoyed their channel and their comments on here as well.

• Like 2

Of all the videos we've done, that is my personal favourite and I think the most important one by far.

Wow. This 20 handicap driver fitting is incredible. Dude picked up 30 yards of carry. Best video yet.

Matt we got off topic in a wedge thread earlier and began discussing TXG fittings...easy to do with how great they are.  

So I am seriously looking at trying to get up there from Baltimore/DC this summer.   I need to know two things though, can your sessions be booked a month or two in advance to accommodate airline bookings?  

Two...See my @Matt question above, I enjoyed the fitting of Steve more than just about anything I've watched online ever.   I've had a couple OEM fittings in the past year, but obviously they were for their clubs.   I'd be really interested to find out what works best for me with no preconceived bias in my mind going in.

Think Ian would be up for that?  I'd love to make the results a feature article on MGS and maybe even open myself to the shame of you videoing it!!

• Like 5

Matt we got off topic in a wedge thread earlier and began discussing TXG fittings...easy to do with how great they are.  

So I am seriously looking at trying to get up there from Baltimore/DC this summer.   I need to know two things though, can your sessions be booked a month or two in advance to accommodate airline bookings?  

Two...See my @Matt question above, I enjoyed the fitting of Steve more than just about anything I've watched online ever.   I've had a couple OEM fittings in the past year, but obviously they were for their clubs.   I'd be really interested to find out what works best for me with no preconceived bias in my mind going in.

Think Ian would be up for that?  I'd love to make the results a feature article on MGS and maybe even open myself to the shame of you videoing it!!

TxG x MGS this needs to happen! They can edit out any funky shots and make you look like the beast that you are. The C in CG2 is gonna stand for Canada for a day or two haha.

• Like 4

Awesome stuff Rob. Just make sure to cover up your Titleist tattoos when you get there!

• Like 4

TxG x MGS this needs to happen! They can edit out any funky shots and make you look like the beast that you are. The C in CG2 is gonna stand for Canada for a day or two haha.

Actually my last name is Canada with a y at the end instead of an a.   Seems like this is destined to happen.  I would just need to brush up on the pledge of allegiance or whatever it is you are required to say to get back in the country, or Ian and Matt might be stuck with me...ha

Awesome stuff Rob. Just make sure to cover up your Titleist tattoos when you get there!

See the update WITB signature,  those tattoos were so 2017...well OK, March of 2018...ha

• Like 2

Sounds good to me, DM me your email? Let's make it happen!

• Like 3

If I wasn't 5000 miles and a couple thousand dollars away from getting there, I'd already have been in Toronto

Next time I'm in the islands we'll get a round in! Easily my favourite place on earth, been 4 times and would move there tomorrow.

• Like 1

Next time I'm in the islands we'll get a round in! Easily my favourite place on earth, been 4 times and would move there tomorrow.

I think you spelled New Jersey wrong!
  • Like 2