Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Great chance. I am picking him for The Masters and The Open.

I'd take those bets! I seriously doubt he will even be in contention in any of the majors.

He's a very old 42, and as much talent as he once had and still can show flashes of, I'm afraid his body will give out.

That being said, my wife has only been into golf for about 4 years and she got quite a thrill watching today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

If the only golfer TV viewers see is TW it's no wonder he's the only one they follow. 

But, Tiger isn't the only one they see. He's only been back for three tournaments. What about the year+ he hasn't been on TV playing? Who have the viewers been seeing/watching?

Tiger IS golf for the vast majority of people watching. Tiger IS why golf is so popular. Tiger IS why the players get paid like they do. Tiger IS why so many people have taken up the game. Tiger IS golf!.... just like Jack and Arnie were in their day.

I just don't get the hate/dislike for a guy that IS the game.

But, Tiger isn't the only one they see. He's only been back for three tournaments. What about the year+ he hasn't been on TV playing? Who have the viewers been seeing/watching?

Tiger IS golf for the vast majority of people watching. Tiger IS why golf is so popular. Tiger IS why the players get paid like they do. Tiger IS why so many people have taken up the game. Tiger IS golf!.... just like Jack and Arnie were in their day.

It's like hating MJ.... just ain't right.

Eldrick has essentially been gone from the game for about 5 years, his main presence has been in the tabloids.

Seems that the game was doing just fine without him.

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I disagree a bit that TW is the reason players make as much now. He is certainly a factor, but at the same time golf money increased dramatically, all other major sports did as well. Have a look at NFL, NBA, MLB money from the start of the Tiger era to now. Cricketers now make huge money, in a game that most of the world doesn't ever look at.

For whatever reason, Tiger raises somewhat irrational responses from both those who love him and those who hate him. Personally I'm not one to hero worship someone just because they are exceptional at what they do.

Has he been good for the game? Undoubtedly. Has the hype been sometimes detrimental to the game? I would have to say yes.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Boy that was fun to watch yesterday. Seeing Tiger in the hunt, playing well and pain free and seemingly enjoying every, moment of it, made for a great day of golf viewing, when I normally would have been tuned into college hoops.

Count me among the many that said a year ago, “he's done, he'll never play another meaningful round of golf. I know playing well in two regular Tour events is a long way from doing so in a Major, but he did finish what 4th at the Masters two or three years ago, before he was this healthy. If Couples can compete there all the way into his 50's with a bad back, then I give Tiger better odds than not on doing so.

Can't wait to see what unfolds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Actually I thought the TV coverage was very good. We saw all of Casey's shots once he was in contention. We really saw what we needed to see from everybody.

I have gone to that tournament a dozen times. Attendance for the week was nearly double the norm, on a week when we hosted a Grand Prix, with the Lightening playing a home matinee game on Saturday and Spring Training game's on every street corner.

Tiger is welcome to come anytime he would like!

On the other hand to say that he IS golf is hyperbolic. The game existed before him, it existed without him and it will continue to exist after him. He moves the needle and his persona does transcend the sport so that he draws other fans in both live and on TV. That's great for everyone.

I would think that if he can stay healthy Tiger will contend in a Major or multiple Majors this year. Winning is always hard to say, harder now because he hasn't won anything in a long time. The Majors will be hard pressed to have a leader board as strong as the one that Valspar had going into the back nine.

I'm anxious to see how JT does with a Tiger gallery... That will be must see TV

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Actually I thought the TV coverage was very good. We saw all of Casey's shots once he was in contention. We really saw what we needed to see from everybody.

I have gone to that tournament a dozen times. Attendance for the week was nearly double the norm, on a week when we hosted a Grand Prix, with the Lightening playing a home matinee game on Saturday and Spring Training game's on every street corner.

On the other hand to say that he IS golf is hyperbolic. The game existed before him, it existed without him and it will continue to exist after him. He moves the needle and his persona does transcend the sport so that he draws other fans in both live and on TV. That's great for everyone.

I would think that if he can stay healthy Tiger will contend in a Major or multiple Majors this year. Winning is always hard to say, harder now because he hasn't won anything in a lot no time. The Majors will be hard pressed to have a leader board as strong as the one that Valspar had going into the back nine.

Well said Rev....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I disagree a bit that TW is the reason players make as much now. He is certainly a factor, but at the same time golf money increased dramatically, all other major sports did as well. Have a look at NFL, NBA, MLB money from the start of the Tiger era to now. Cricketers now make huge money, in a game that most of the world doesn't ever look at.

For whatever reason, Tiger raises somewhat irrational responses from both those who love him and those who hate him. Personally I'm not one to hero worship someone just because they are exceptional at what they do.

Has he been good for the game? Undoubtedly. Has the hype been sometimes detrimental to the game? I would have to say yes.

I'm not quite sure how the hype has been detrimental to the game. I will agree that it is frustrating to a serious fan - folks like us- but how would the hype hurt?

Your point about more money in all sports is well taken. But Tiger's impact on the tournament this weekend was unmistakable. For me it is a local event that I've frequently attended. There was no comparison between it this year and other years that I've attended both in terms of buzz and actual attendance -

Saying that is hardly hero worship - it's the reality of what just took place. Paul Casey played a remarkable round and way more people know who he is today than at this time yesterday. They saw him because they tuned in to watch Tiger.

That's good for golf, isn't it?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hype detrimental to the game? Maybe in your eyes, but not in the eyes of just about anyone else associated with the game.

Eldrick has essentially been gone from the game for about 5 years, his main presence has been in the tabloids.

Seems that the game was doing just fine without him.

I think the gate numbers at VALSPAR are reflective of Tiger's impact.  The best ticket sales ever.  over 150K paid in attendance, breaking records and even estimated numbers.  That wasn't happening without Tiger.  And you are absolutely right, he has been essentially out for 5 years, back for essentially 4 tournaments, and by the 4th he is not only in contention, but (as he said) a few putts here or there and you have a different story-   Great to see him back that quickly, and competitive, after the most recent medical procedure.

As far as age goes, I think he has a good 10 or more years to go before he is done- Tom Watson was competitive at 60, and Sam Sneed won his last PGA event at 50, so...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

If I remember correctly, Tiger has never come from behind to win on Sunday...???? Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He has come from behind 19 times to win on Sunday.

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

I'm not sure that Tiger is hated as much as perceived.   Rather, I think he is a victim of sorts of his glory days when he moved the needle almost exclusively.   Its not so much that people hated Tiger, but rather still continued hearing about him when he wasn't even playing. It seemed that the media always could find a means to get Tiger into the commentary-a lot of remember when Tiger did this.  People didn't hate Tiger, they just hated constantly hearing about him when he was away from the game.  I would also agree there was a time when Tiger was the game, in a manner of speaking.  Now that he is back, he is again a big part of the game's entertainment value, but the current difference is he's back.    To many, the story is no longer exclusively Tiger, but Tiger versus the young bucks, he helped bring to the game.  Many enjoy watching and following the young bucks and do not want a return to the days of exclusively Tiger, 24/7.   Personally, I would like to see a new Tiger and his relationships with and competing against the young bucks.

I did notice that Tiger and I have something in common when he removed his hat.

He has come from behind 19 times to win on Sunday.

How many were Majors? I think that's where I heard he hasn't come from behind...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

How many were Majors? I think that's where I heard he hasn't come from behind...

You would be right. All his major wins were from the lead on Sunday

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Tiger played great.  He made some fantastic shots... we saw them all.

To:  Paul Casey

I'm glad I got to see a few of your shots.

I apologize for the TV coverage and the media.

Congratulations on winning the Valspar Championship!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm not sure that Tiger is hated as much as perceived.   Rather, I think he is a victim of sorts of his glory days when he moved the needle almost exclusively.   Its not so much that people hated Tiger, but rather still continued hearing about him when he wasn't even playing. It seemed that the media always could find a means to get Tiger into the commentary-a lot of remember when Tiger did this.  People didn't hate Tiger, they just hated constantly hearing about him when he was away from the game.  I would also agree there was a time when Tiger was the game, in a manner of speaking.  Now that he is back, he is again a big part of the game's entertainment value, but the current difference is he's back.    To many, the story is no longer exclusively Tiger, but Tiger versus the young bucks, he helped bring to the game.  Many enjoy watching and following the young bucks and do not want a return to the days of exclusively Tiger, 24/7.   Personally, I would like to see a new Tiger and his relationships with and competing against the young bucks.

I did notice that Tiger and I have something in common when he removed his hat.

I say you have pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't hate him but got very tired of the over the top coverage to the point that I just quit watching golf. It got to the point that it wasn't even a good drinking game. If you took a drink every time they mentioned his name you would die of alcohol poisoning twenty minutes into the telecast. One thing I did notice yesterday was that his post round interview was much better than the ones in the past. He seemed rather sincere rather than just spouting a bunch of buzz words like he used to.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

American golf coverage is terrible, congrats to Casey and welcome back Tiger.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Look, I get the frustration, but how many people turned-on golf this weekend NOT looking to catch Tiger???

The attendance set records for that event because of Tiger. I'm sorry, but NO ONE, except family, tuned-in, or went to the tourney to see Paul Casey!

Those that paid the advertising were EXTREMELY happy that every shot Tiger took was televised. Some may not like it, but it's like complaining about driver release cycles... It's gonna happen whether you want it to or not.

He is THE singular person that moves the needle... Drastically.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Look, I get the frustration, but how many people turned-on golf this weekend NOT looking to catch Tiger???

The attendance set records for that event because of Tiger. I'm sorry, but NO ONE, except family, tuned-in, or went to the tourney to see Paul Casey!

Those that paid the advertising were EXTREMELY happy that every shot Tiger took was televised. Some may not like it, but it's like complaining about driver release cycles... It's gonna happen whether you want it to or not.

He is THE singular person that moves the needle... Drastically.

100% correct. There are many great talents on tour, and even better people.... However I would put money down that we would not have the Jordan Speith, Justin Thomas, Rory McIlroy if it was not for Tiger Woods. He completely changed the way golf is viewed. All the money that was poured into the sport after he showed up is astonishing, and PMookie is right he moves the needle still. There is no one on course that creates "moments" like Tiger does. And honestly it will be a very long time until someone takes that mantle from him

To Casey, that was a hell of a round and he deserved to win! I have met him in person and he is one of the great guys on tour

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Tiger played great. He made some fantastic shots... we saw them all.

To: Paul Casey

I'm glad I got to see a few of your shots.

I apologize for the TV coverage and the media.

Congratulations on winning the Valspar Championship!!

With all due respect Casey started the day in 11th. Of course viewers so very little of him on the front. As players got a sniff of the lead on the back nine they were shown. Once Casey stuck we saw all of his shots. We also saw all of the shots hit by Reed and Woods - we even saw many of the shots that Justin Rose hit as well. Four players, spread out all over the course. The coverage was fine.

My complaints continue to be the lack of shot track technology for every shot and detailed stats like you receive at the course - Casey 23'11” 12.3 percent make rate, tour avg. 10.1 percent - that type of stuff.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

100% correct. There are many great talents on tour, and even better people.... However I would put money down that we would not have the Jordan Speith, Justin Thomas, Rory McIlroy if it was not for Tiger Woods. He completely changed the way golf is viewed. All the money that was poured into the sport after he showed up is astonishing, and PMookie is right he moves the needle still. There is no one on course that creates "moments" like Tiger does. And honestly it will be a very long time until someone takes that mantle from him

To Casey, that was a hell of a round and he deserved to win! I have met him in person and he is one of the great guys on tour

I don't disagree with you or Mookie, when Tiger is playing he does move the needle.   No one can deny his impact on the game both in the context of the caliber of play and money.  But even when he wasn't playing and materially impacting viewership or attendance, the media had a way of getting him in the commentary.   The point to be made is that those that perceive excessive coverage of Tiger does not mean or imply that they hate Tiger.   Most understand that it is a media dynamic and do not hate Tiger because of it.   

I don't disagree with you or Mookie, when Tiger is playing he does move the needle.   No one can deny his impact on the game both in the context of the caliber of play and money.  But even when he wasn't playing and materially impacting viewership or attendance, the media had a way of getting him in the commentary.   The point to be made is that those that perceive excessive coverage of Tiger does not mean or imply that they hate Tiger.   Most understand that it is a media dynamic and do not hate Tiger because of it.   

Excellent point. But I think we can both agree that there are the small percentage of people that will "dislike" Tiger just because of how the media uses him to boost their own numbers.

In my bag:

Excellent point. But I think we can both agree that there are the small percentage of people that will "dislike" Tiger just because of how the media uses him to boost their own numbers.

I don't hold that against Tiger. Just as I didn't hold it against Tim Tebow or others like them. It's the media that sucks

Yes, we can agree on that small percentage because he is a media vehicle.    

I would think that if he can stay healthy Tiger will contend in a Major or multiple Majors this year. Winning is always hard to say, harder now because he hasn't won anything in a long time. The Majors will be hard pressed to have a leader board as strong as the one that Valspar had going into the back nine.

I'd be even more interested to see how DJ handles it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel