TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Outings - See Page 3 for updated questions.

ole gray

If you were going to host an MGS outing, where would you do it? Just pretend you are going to put on the best wing ding this site has ever seen or maybe just a couple of days for locals to hang out.  So let's see what ya thoughts are and who knows it might come true!  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton Creek in Austin, TX. Four golf courses, villas, great nightlife in-town... Would be awesome!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Vegas

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Vegas

I could see a bunch of Spies in Vegas!  :ph34r:

Cleveland

That could get bad lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We'd be fiiiiiiiine

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

The Links at Northfork in Ramsey, MN.

Because I can't travel, I have 2 golf carts and we are putting in a pool this year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

You know we are always WFO here in the Grand Strand Area of South Carolina.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I see posts for a golf outing hitting the forum as spring starts creeping in. Anything more than a few guys in your local area is probably all that anyone can hope for.

For instance...

Last year I started early planning a golf event in Texas. (yes, Texas is huge and I was warned) At one time we had something like 16-20 players from around the state signed up. Initially and when it doesn't cost anything and you don't have to leave your hometown and keyboard everyone is in. However, as details emerged (small entry fee, location, driving, hotel?, etc.) people started dropping out like flies. Some guys just went silent and wouldn't even respond to email, text, PM, etc..Hell, one guy even turned me into Forum Moderators asking for me to stop bugging him. Glad he didn't show up!! LOL In the end we had 5 players! Sure we had fun alright and I enjoyed meeting a few forum members) EthanSterlingPrice, Texas2Cap, TexasStroker Dave; but it wasn't anything like I'd hoped for. We still had a good time. By the way, if you're planning an outing this year sign me up and I'll be there. As long as you host it in my town and it doesn't cost anything.  :)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

[quote name="PlaidJacket" post="371358" timestamp="1520173903"By the way, if you're planning an outing this year sign me up and I'll be there. As long as you host it in my town and it doesn't cost anything. :)Like PJ said I'm in if you're coming to south central KY and everything is free.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

I see posts for a golf outing hitting the forum as spring starts creeping in. Anything more than a few guys in your local area is probably all that anyone can hope for.

For instance...

Last year I started early planning a golf event in Texas. (yes, Texas is huge and I was warned) At one time we had something like 16-20 players from around the state signed up. Initially and when it doesn't cost anything and you don't have to leave your hometown and keyboard everyone is in. However, as details emerged (small entry fee, location, driving, hotel?, etc.) people started dropping out like flies. Some guys just went silent and wouldn't even respond to email, text, PM, etc..Hell, one guy even turned me into Forum Moderators asking for me to stop bugging him. Glad he didn't show up!! LOL In the end we had 5 players! Sure we had fun alright and I enjoyed meeting a few forum members) EthanSterlingPrice, Texas2Cap, TexasStroker Dave; but it wasn't anything like I'd hoped for. We still had a good time. By the way, if you're planning an outing this year sign me up and I'll be there. As long as you host it in my town and it doesn't cost anything.  :)

Like PJ said I'm in if you're coming to south central KY and everything is free.

Blake

And yet there is another golf forum where people got pissed off because they did not get picked to make an event.  Give an outing with the opportunity to bag some free gear, build up the name with lot's of jaw boning and you have people jealous they weren't selected.  Heck it would cost $500 + to pay for the trip and they still would fight you for it.  Maybe because it was tied in with a large equipment company with lot's of attention on the event.   Hmmmm

Cleveland

A couple of other folks on the Classic section of WRX tried to put together a vintage tournament a few years back. I had several courses lined up and lodging discounts too. Logistics (as we say in the trucking business) was a nightmare. In that case we had people from all over the good old USA and Canada plus folks from across the pond. Some were retired and some not. Never could get any amount of folks at the same time. So the idea petered out so to speak. I was even going try to get some MGSers to participate too but I knew not many on this board plays strictly vintage

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It's tough to get a large outing together especially when we are talking nationwide.  We tried to do that earlier this year (we as in Carolina Golfer 2 and I) with the preliminary destination as Myrtle Beach, but it kind of bombed and fizzled out in terms of commitments.  We changed it to Pinehurst (it's closer to Maryland than Myrtle Beach) and was only able to eek out another local golfer that he and I know).  I'm sure we can try and plan something nationwide if there is more interest or maybe regional outings first to see how it goes.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

It's tough to get a large outing together especially when we are talking nationwide.  We tried to do that earlier this year (we as in Carolina Golfer 2 and I) with the preliminary destination as Myrtle Beach, but it kind of bombed and fizzled out in terms of commitments.  We changed it to Pinehurst (it's closer to Maryland than Myrtle Beach) and was only able to eek out another local golfer that he and I know).  I'm sure we can try and plan something nationwide if there is more interest or maybe regional outings first to see how it goes.

MDGolfHacker

I know, quit killing me about it, I was really excited about it.

For me, it's probably a few days at Bethpage, probably playing all five tracks. If not there, which may be costly for you out of staters (state park rates WOO!), perhaps the Southern Tier of NY in late summer. with hits at Links at Hiawatha, En-Joie, and Conklin.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I know, quit killing me about it, I was really excited about it.

For me, it's probably a few days at Bethpage, probably playing all five tracks. If not there, which may be costly for you out of staters (state park rates WOO!), perhaps the Southern Tier of NY in late summer. with hits at Links at Hiawatha, En-Joie, and Conklin.

LOL, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular :D  We all lead busy lives and stuff just comes up.  There will be more opportunities in the future and hopefully you'll be able to make one of them...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Would love to check out some of the golf resorts in the Ozarks, MO. Some big name designers (Tiger and others). My guess is that would be a pricey meet up.

A few years back there was a meet up in MN put together by Barbajo. I'm 3 hours away but had some business in the area. When my work thing fell through I still made the trip to MN just for the golf. Didn't really have much to do with me saying I would be there, it's just I'm usually pretty desperate to play!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

LOL, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular :D  We all lead busy lives and stuff just comes up.  There will be more opportunities in the future and hopefully you'll be able to make one of them...

MDGolfHacker

Oh I know you aren't, I remember being super psyched about it, and then the tax check came back short.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

For me it is 1 of 2 places. If its a one day outing Chambers Bay. Who wouldn't love to get on a US Open course experience some of the same shots as the guys on Tour. Ifs a weekend or multi day outing it has to be Bandon Dunes. 4 great courses, a par 3 course, a 100,000sqft putting course, great practice facility and some incredible scenery. You will find nothing else like it in the US.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Oh I know you aren't, I remember being super psyched about it, and then the tax check came back short.

Short is better than owing :D...I've never owed until this year and it was a doozy due to some bad investments in the housing market.  So what do I do...I go and ok a trip to Pinehurst with Carolina Golfer 2, LOL.  

MGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

My issue is always money... Hard to “dispose” of $1000 for golfing. The only way I can ever play would be if it was in one of the 8 States I cover and use company travel to pay for transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It's tough to do, takes lots of planning to pull off.

I came from the other place Ole Gray mentioned and participated in 5 outings. A couple that were just show up somewhere and play a few rounds at location where somebody had negotiated a cheaper rate at the course and at a local hotel.

And 3 events that you had to “win a spot” into the event and then pay an large entry fee to get in plus foot the bill for travel, lodging and food (golf was included in the entry fee). Although I should mention that 2 of these events included all participants receiving a staff bag and a full set of new clubs plus new outfits for 3 rounds of golf.....so the entry ($500) seemed very reasonable.

I would love to see MGS do an outing or 2, but I would never want more than that because the other place became more about all the events than anything else.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

It's tough to do, takes lots of planning to pull off.

I came from the other place Ole Gray mentioned and participated in 5 outings. A couple that were just show up somewhere and play a few rounds at location where somebody had negotiated a cheaper rate at the course and at a local hotel.

And 3 events that you had to “win a spot” into the event and then pay an large entry fee to get in plus foot the bill for travel, lodging and food (golf was included in the entry fee). Although I should mention that 2 of these events included all participants receiving a staff bag and a full set of new clubs plus new outfits for 3 rounds of golf.....so the entry ($500) seemed very reasonable.

I would love to see MGS do an outing or 2, but I would never want more than that because the other place became more about all the events than anything else.

Well said Tim!

Cleveland

Here's a threat.. If I win the lottery, I'm coming to visit alot of you & taking ya out for a round of golf @ your home course.. near about

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In that case, my home course is Pine Valley... 😁😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

And yet there is another golf forum where people got pissed off because they did not get picked to make an event. Give an outing with the opportunity to bag some free gear, build up the name with lot's of jaw boning and you have people jealous they weren't selected. Heck it would cost $500 + to pay for the trip and they still would fight you for it. Maybe because it was tied in with a large equipment company with lot's of attention on the event. Hmmmm

I don't know why you quoted me there, but I'm not pissed over anything. I was just making a joke. Obviously you didn't think it was funny. Sorry I must have hit a nerve there.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

I don't know why you quoted me there, but I'm not pissed over anything. I was just making a joke. Obviously you didn't think it was funny. Sorry I must have hit a nerve there.

Blake

Huh?   No nerve hit and I'm just saying there are places out there where people are willing to go overboard to get that chance to attend an outing.  I attempted last year to have a nice outing at Kingswood Resort in Clayton, Ga..   Lots of initial interest however once the event got closer to reality, the numbers starting dropping like flies on a cow patty.  You're a good dude and a contributor to MGS.   We're brothers!

Cleveland

I'd love to go back down to Louisiana and play. Baton Rouge. Lake Charles or even Springfield had a nice course if I remember right. Plus the food and entertainment is a plus lol

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived