Bert

Indiana, PA

Wilson Staff Duo, Optic Yellow

Low spin

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

(10) TESTERS WANTED

SNELL MTB RED & MTB BLACK GOLF BALLS

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 1.jpg

Yep gang, it's time to kick off the new year for MyGolfSpy Community Forum Member Testing. We have a boffo year planned for you, and we want to kick it off with one I know you'll like...

We all know the story of Dean Snell, the original MTB and Dean's roll in shaking up the golf ball industry with a Tour-level ball at direct-to-consumer pricing. Well, it's been 3 years since the MTB first hit the streets, and Dean felt it was time for an upgrade.

A double upgrade, to be precise. 

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 3.jpg

10 TESTERS WANTED

Snell's new MTB RED and MTB BLACK are hitting the streets this week, and we want you guys to help us test and review them.  

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 6.jpg

Both balls share DNA with the original MTB, with some differences that will matter to the avid golfer. The MTB BLACK is a softer feeling 3-piece ball with a urethane cover and features lower spin off the tee and with long irons, but similar performance to the original MTB around the greens. 

The MTB RED, on the other hand, is a firmer feeling 4-piece ball that spins more for the player that wants it, both off the tee and around the greens.

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 7.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

We take Member Testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, and we ask that you put some time, effort and thought into your reviews. You MUST apply in this thread only.

Step 1: Snell has set up a webpage exclusively for MGS Test applicants to check out both balls and help you figure out which one might be best for you. CLICK HERE to visit the site, and make sure to watch Dean's video!

Step 2: In this thread, tell us the following:

- Your first name and home state/province

- Your current handicap

- Your current golf ball

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player

We'll be selecting 5 of you to test the MTB RED and 5 to test the MTB BLACK, so make sure you check out the video and apply for the ball you think might best fit your game.

Check back here next week, and we'll let you know who the lucky testers are.

​Thanks for being a part of MyGolfSpy, and we promise you are going to love what we have in store for you this year. 

Steve from Maryland - I am an 11 handicap and currently use the Bridgestone B-330RX - I am low spin player

Well, I'm assuming applying this late leaves me with a pretty slim chance of getting picked, but here goes:

- Matthew / (Northern) California

- 10 handicap

- Kirkland Signature / Pro V1 (Pro V1x prior to 2017)

- I have a tendency to have a higher spin off of my woods than I would prefer, so most of my fitting has geared to lower my spin.  Hope that helps.

- Hey everyone, my name is Adam and I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

- I currently hold a 2 handicap and I'm starting to play some Amateur tournaments.

- I currently alternate between the Titleist Pro V1/Pro V1X

- I am a low spin hitter but still generate plenty of spin on wedges.

(10) TESTERS WANTED

SNELL MTB RED & MTB BLACK GOLF BALLS

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 1.jpg

Yep gang, it's time to kick off the new year for MyGolfSpy Community Forum Member Testing. We have a boffo year planned for you, and we want to kick it off with one I know you'll like...

We all know the story of Dean Snell, the original MTB and Dean's roll in shaking up the golf ball industry with a Tour-level ball at direct-to-consumer pricing. Well, it's been 3 years since the MTB first hit the streets, and Dean felt it was time for an upgrade.

A double upgrade, to be precise. 

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 3.jpg

10 TESTERS WANTED

Snell's new MTB RED and MTB BLACK are hitting the streets this week, and we want you guys to help us test and review them.  

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 6.jpg

Both balls share DNA with the original MTB, with some differences that will matter to the avid golfer. The MTB BLACK is a softer feeling 3-piece ball with a urethane cover and features lower spin off the tee and with long irons, but similar performance to the original MTB around the greens. 

The MTB RED, on the other hand, is a firmer feeling 4-piece ball that spins more for the player that wants it, both off the tee and around the greens.

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 7.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

We take Member Testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, and we ask that you put some time, effort and thought into your reviews. You MUST apply in this thread only.

Step 1: Snell has set up a webpage exclusively for MGS Test applicants to check out both balls and help you figure out which one might be best for you. CLICK HERE to visit the site, and make sure to watch Dean's video!

Step 2: In this thread, tell us the following:

- Your first name and home state/province

- Your current handicap

- Your current golf ball

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player

We'll be selecting 5 of you to test the MTB RED and 5 to test the MTB BLACK, so make sure you check out the video and apply for the ball you think might best fit your game.

Check back here next week, and we'll let you know who the lucky testers are.

​Thanks for being a part of MyGolfSpy, and we promise you are going to love what we have in store for you this year. 

Hello,

Jason Johnson

Washington state (Seattle)

10 handicap

high spin

chrome soft

Your first name and home state/province   Steve  Ohio

- Your current handicap   13

- Your current golf ball  Top Flite Gamer Tour

-Low Spin (need more on 7, 8 and 9 irons)

Greg from South Carolina

Current Handicap is 17

Currently playing Srixon Soft Feel and Titleist TruSoft

Low spin balls fit me better so MTB Black would be a great fit.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Stuart, California

Srixon Trispeed

Low spin player

Thank you for consideration on testing this product.

Have a wonderful day,

Stu

Jeff, Wisconsin

High Spin

Brigestone B300 RX

Thank you for considering me for testing this product

Jeff

- Your first name and home state/province- Patrick-- Florida

- Your current handicap  3.2

- Your current golf ball  Taylormade TP5X

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player-- High spin

Todd

Pennsylvania

Wilson Staff Duo

Low sin

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

John, Loudoun Co Virginia

10.7 Handicap

vice pro, TP5X, Srixon Z star currently testing.

High Spin Player.

Would love to try the MTB red. Playing golf in Jos, Nigeria much of the year out courses are dry and greens (or browns as we still have courses with sand “greens”) are hard making it very hard to get enough spin to hold a goid aporoach shot.

Most players here play a low approach shot short of greens and let it bounce and run up to green. However, as an American who has played and learned the game in the US, I still like play a high approach shot and try to stop it on the green or land on the fringe. Maybe the MTB red will alliw me to do that here in Jos so I don't have to change my game so much depending whether I play in the US or Nigeria.

David Green, San Francisco, CA

currently a 9 hcp

Current ball depends on what's in my bag, usually a MTB, prov1 and Tp5

I'm a high-mid spin player. Depends on greens

Thank you