- Your current golf ball

Kirkland

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player

High spin player

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

(10) TESTERS WANTED

SNELL MTB RED & MTB BLACK GOLF BALLS

Snell Golf Balls - 1.jpg

Yep gang, it's time to kick off the new year for MyGolfSpy Community Forum Member Testing. We have a boffo year planned for you, and we want to kick it off with one I know you'll like...

We all know the story of Dean Snell, the original MTB and Dean's roll in shaking up the golf ball industry with a Tour-level ball at direct-to-consumer pricing. Well, it's been 3 years since the MTB first hit the streets, and Dean felt it was time for an upgrade.

A double upgrade, to be precise.

Snell golf Balls - 3.jpg

10 TESTERS WANTED

Snell's new MTB RED and MTB BLACK are hitting the streets this week, and we want you guys to help us test and review them.

Snell golf Balls - 6.jpg

Both balls share DNA with the original MTB, with some differences that will matter to the avid golfer. The MTB BLACK is a softer feeling 3-piece ball with a urethane cover and features lower spin off the tee and with long irons, but similar performance to the original MTB around the greens.

The MTB RED, on the other hand, is a firmer feeling 4-piece ball that spins more for the player that wants it, both off the tee and around the greens.

Snell Golf Balls - 7.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

We take Member Testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, and we ask that you put some time, effort and thought into your reviews. You MUST apply in this thread only.

Step 1: Snell has set up a webpage exclusively for MGS Test applicants to check out both balls and help you figure out which one might be best for you. CLICK HERE to visit the site, and make sure to watch Dean's video!

Step 2: In this thread, tell us the following:

- Your first name and home state/province

- Your current handicap

- Your current golf ball

We'll be selecting 5 of you to test the MTB RED and 5 to test the MTB BLACK, so make sure you check out the video and apply for the ball you think might best fit your game.

Check back here next week, and we'll let you know who the lucky testers are.

​Thanks for being a part of MyGolfSpy, and we promise you are going to love what we have in store for you this year.

Jose, California

High Spin

Snell MTB

In My Bag

TM SIM 10.5, PX T1100 6.5 

TM SIM Rocket 3W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 8.5

TM SLDR 2H, MATRIX Black Tie 95HX

TM P790 3-PW Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey Forged(JDM) 50, 54

Evnroll ER5 

Snell MTB X

- Your first name and home state/province

Jonny - Manchester, North West England. Member at Ellesmere Golf Club with playing privileges at Marriott Worsley Park. This season will be devoted to links golf; playing my first ever rounds at Royal Birkdale, Royal Liverpool and Royal Lytham St. Annes. I also have rounds scheduled at Fleetwood, Formby, West Lancashire and Hesketh golf club. I scrimped and saved over the winter to get the funds together to spend two weeks exploring the beautiful Links courses along the stunning Lancashire coastline. I have only ever played a couple of rounds of links golf before and it is a real test of shot making and trajectory. I believe this would make a great testing ground for the new Snell balls.

- Your current handicap

8.4 - having managed to get a lot of golf in over the winter, my ball striking has improved exponentially. Unfortunately, we have been on temporary greens for two months so how my short game will fare remains to be seen. I only got back into the game last season after 16 years having only had the occasional round since my junior membership expired at 16. Target by the end of the season is 4.4

- Your current golf ball

Titleist Pro V1. I play Mizuno MP-15 irons - the sound and feel at contact with the Pro V1 is unparalleled. Buttery smooth. For some reason it's also the only ball that I know exactly the path and trajectory of my ball at impact. I experimented a lot with Chrome Soft, TP5, Vice, Volvik, Z Star and B330 early last season until I found what I was happiest with. I have never hit a Snell, but they definitely sound like they could compete for the spot on my tee peg.

I feel I would class myself as a player who prefers high spin. My main asset is my pitching and chipping. From 100 yards in, I'm confident I can get within 6 feet with regularity. I like to think of myself as quite creative and imaginative with this area of my game. I'm not particularly worried about gaining extra yards, I hit it far enough without being super long - so the control of a high spin ball is far more important to me in attempting to gain strokes.

Hi everyone, I would love to test these new golf balls. I have tried several balls including the Vice, MG and the OnCore balls. I would love to add the Snell ball to that list.

Blayne

Phoenix

PGA Member and Professional teacher

Blayne Hobbs, Professional Player, Instructor, and Caddie

Driver- Callaway Epic Flash---New Titleist coming

3-wood-Callaway Epic

5-wood-Taylormade

Hybrids-Taylormade 25-28-31

Irons 8-Pw Cobra

Wedges-Ping Glide 46-50-55-60

Putter-Taylormade Chaska

Long time reader, but I'm been trying to read up on the correct ball for me and this opportunity convinced me to register on your site, so thanks in advance.

Mike, Pennsylvania (Yes, one of our courses has already opened for the season)

Current Handicap is 16

Currently play with a Bridgestone e7 Pure Distance.  

I play this ball because it's advertised as a lower spin and longer ball flight because I hit the ball straight, but have a general high flight on my shots, usually resulting in less distance than I would like to achieve.  So I feel I am a high spin player, and look for balls to minimize that my with Driver and Long Irons.

Russ

Melbourne, Australia

14 handicap

Any type of premium golf ball....

High spin, low spin I have no idea........?

I would love to test the MTB Black and make it my golf ball of choice for every round as I haven't done this with any other golf ball.....

Your first name and home state/province: Ryan- Washington DC

- Your current handicap 14

- Your current golf ball TP5x

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player: high spin trying to keep it down

Bruce: live in Oklahoma - golf season is underway, handicap 10, favorite ball- Kirkland Signature. A head to head test would be informative. I prefer a high spin ball .

Practice 5 - 10 hours per week. Practice facility features sand bunkers, chipping green, and large putting green. Play 5 different courses. Profession - research engineer; I know how to collect data, record data on site, and write reports.