GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Snell Golf Balls - MTB RED and MTB BLACK

Stan - playing in Northern NJ 1 - 2 times per week.

Seem to have found my level at 12 handicap. Still playing Mizuno forged irons for feel.  Looking to get back some lost distance without giving up control (after 40 years).  Have always preferred  high spin balls... remember the Maxfli Elite?  

Always looking for an affordable urethane cover 3, 4, or 5 piece ball (but don't have the swing speed I used to) and have been most comfortable hitting Callaways in the last few years. 

Would be happy to test/review either the MTB Red or Black.

Thanks 

Jesse from Colorado Springs, CO. I'm a 13.1 handicap, high spin player currently using the Chromesoft. I'd enjoy the opportunity to test the MTB Black.

Mike from Myrtle Beach South Carolina

I am a low spin player so the Black would be the right ball for me

Currently a 12 handicap

Currently playing the Srixon Qstar tour ball

Would love to test these Snell balls.  I've been playing mostly Pro-V1 for the last 4-5 years.  

Barry Schwartz - Doylestown, PA  12.6 index

I get plenty of spin on short shots with the PV, so I'm thinking I would prefer the Black.  

Jim, NY

14 hdcp

Callaway SuperSoft

Going to Fl in April and would like to try MTB Black

Played 9 holes toady with the red and thought it was an excellent durable ball.  I hit 2 100 yd 3/4 60* and the ball reacted spot on and didn't overspin away from the hole.  Also the durability was really good with zero scuffs on the ball which was really surprising.  ProV would have had groove scars.     

Lance from AR

Approximately 10 handicap

Currently playing (thanks to birthday and Christmas gifts) ProV1, B330s, and Vice Pro

Low spin player

Last minute notice to get your entry in if this got by you, entries will close sometime today.

• Like 1

I need more spin on my approach shots, so according to the Snell web site I should try the MTB Red.

- Lance in Charlotte, North Carolina

- 18.1 index

- Bridgestone e6 soft

- low spin on approach shots.

Thank you for your consideration!

The E6 is a great ball for straight shot however it was designed NOT to spin. So if you are trying to improve your short game by shaping your shots and adding more spin than the E6 isn't for you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Congratulations to those chosen.

@MaxEntrophy, I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Red as we live near each other and have a close handicap.

• Like 1

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to read the reviews. It's amazing that the testers were announced a whole hour ago and there haven't been any new applications yet!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't get picked but looking forward to tester reviews. I ordered the test pack from SNELL so will likely post my thoughts to the community

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Congratulations, guys! These balls have been on my radar, so I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about them.

• Like 1

Congratulations fellow spies looking forward to your reviews

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jimi13

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      BOLD CHALLENGE: SNELL GOLF INVITES GOLFERS TO PIT THEIR CURRENT GAMER AGAINST THE ‘MY TOUR BALL' IN HEAD-TO-HEAD TEST

â€˜My Tour Ball Challenge' Provides Consumers a Chance to Win a Dozen Balls to Evaluate Against Any Other In On-Course Testing

NEW BEDFORD, MA â€” Snell Golf, Inc., one of golf's fastest growing direct-to-consumer golf ball brands, announced today that it is putting its money – more specifically, its premium golf balls – where its mouth is, giving golfers the opportunity to test a dozen of its award-winning balls for free.  The Snell Golf “My Tour Ball Challenge” invites consumers to register for a chance to try the My Tour Ball (MTB) for 2-weeks and measure its performance against their existing golf ball of choice, at no risk to them.  In fact, when chosen to take the My Tour Ball Challenge, golfers receive one dozen My Tour Balls, free, at their home or place of business, including the cost of shipping. 

“We firmly believe that the My Tour Ball measures up to any premium golf ball in the game in terms of performance, and at our price point the overall value-equation is unbeatable,” said Dean Snell, president & CEO, Snell Golf.  â€œConsistently, we have seen that when golfers give the MTB a shot, they become loyal customers, so we developed this limited-time opportunity. The My Tour Ball Challenge is a way for us to demonstrate our products' performance AND the convenience of receiving direct-ship delivery of our products, a very appealing model in today's competitive golf ball marketplace.”

Registration for the Snell Golf My Tour Ball Challenge is taking place now throughJuly 31st at https://www.snellgolf.com/mtb-challenge/apply-for-the-mtb-vs-your-ball-challenge/. 

Snell Golf is headquartered in New Bedford, MA, and designs, markets and distributes premium golf balls via a direct-to-consumer e-commerce based business model.   Snell Golf was founded in 2015 and is led by Dean Snell, co-creator of the industry-changing Titleist Pro V1 and TaylorMade Penta golf balls.  Snell Golf, whose goal it is to create premium, high-performing golf balls at affordable price-points, recently was awarded multiple medal commendations in Golf Digest's 2016 Golf Ball Hot List for its “My Tour Ball” and “Get Sum” model balls.  

For more information and to view Snell Golf's innovative products, visitwww.snellgolf.com.
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Official Forum Member Review
      Snell My Tour Ball

Snell Golf is taking the golf ball industry by storm - a direct-to-consumer golf ball company with its own in-house R&D, led by legendary golf ball designer Dean Snell.  

We have 5 reviewers ready to take a look at Snell's flagship product, the My Tour Ball. Here's the tale of the tape...

Meet the Testers, and make sure to check out their work:

RobertMarkGolf                                   Stage 1                          Stage 2

dhayse32                                             Stage 1                          Stage 2

Fireinthehole                                        Stage 1                          Stage 2

DaveP043                                            Stage 1                          Stage 2

jacustomgolf                                        Stage 1                         Stage 2
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      10 Testers Wanted!!!
      Snell Get Sum/My Tour Golf Balls

Of the direct-to-consumer golf ball companies out there, all  have cool logos, many have interesting stories, and a few have near Tour-level performance.     But only one has real in-house R&D.   Because only one has Dean Snell.
        Golf Ball Street Cred
       Snell, in case you've missed it, is the owner, operator, chief cook and bottle washer and the driving force behind R&D at Snell Golf. Snell has been designing golf balls for 25 years and holds 38 patents.  He designed or co-designed a few balls you may have heard of: the ProV1, the Tour Preferred/Tour Preferred X and the Project (a), among many, many others.    You've read about Snell golf balls before on MyGolfSpy and suffice it to say, we think they're pretty darned good.    That's our opinion, but what we really want to know is what you think.     We're looking for 10 golfers to test and review Snell's latest offerings; five to try out Snell's 2-piece Get Sum ball, and five more to try out Snell's My Tour Ball. We'll send you each 2-dozen balls, more than enough for you to tell if the Snell balls are as good as we think they are. How To Apply:

MyGolfSpy takes its testing very seriously, so please read these application instructions carefully.

In this thread, tell us the following:   1. Your name and state 2. Your current handicap 3. Your current ball 4. How many rounds per month do you play?   Good luck! We'll be announcing the testers next week in this thread.      
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!