GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Snell Golf Balls - MTB RED and MTB BLACK

Would like the opportunity to try the red

Please follow the directions on the first post as your missing some info needed for your entry!

MDGolfHacker

Rick, Oregon

high spin

Current Ball:  Chrome Soft

I would like to test the MTB RED

(past tester of original Callaway Rule 35 ball when it launched 18 years ago, and also a Nike prototype in 2013 (it was unmarked, so not sure which ball it was, but I suspect the first ONE RZN).

Hoping to represent the Pacific Northwest and continue my ball tester role here with Snell!

Marcus, FL

Handicap...who knows

High spin I guess way to much off the driver. Currently playing Bridgestone b330 Rx. Would love to try the black. Thanks

Chris a.k.a. Golfinnut

- Your current handicap - 8.2

- Your current golf ball - ProV1

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player - Low spin ... I need the added spin that the Black would provide, especially around the greens.

Guest Guest

Squire in Ohio, HDCP 3, Titlist Pro V, would try the MTB Red

Mike,  Nebraska

Vice Pro Plus 

High Spin

I would love to test these out.  Was looking at ordering a dozen to try, but will hold off for now.

Chris from Indiana with handicap of 2 playing Taylormade Tour Preferred and Chrome Soft Truvis

As far as high spin vs low spin, I would consider myself a medium spin (one hope, check, and a little roll).  However, I would prefer to test the RED because I don't hit the ball all that high.

(10) TESTERS WANTED

SNELL MTB RED & MTB BLACK GOLF BALLS

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 1.jpg

Yep gang, it's time to kick off the new year for MyGolfSpy Community Forum Member Testing. We have a boffo year planned for you, and we want to kick it off with one I know you'll like...

We all know the story of Dean Snell, the original MTB and Dean's roll in shaking up the golf ball industry with a Tour-level ball at direct-to-consumer pricing. Well, it's been 3 years since the MTB first hit the streets, and Dean felt it was time for an upgrade.

A double upgrade, to be precise.

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 3.jpg

10 TESTERS WANTED

Snell's new MTB RED and MTB BLACK are hitting the streets this week, and we want you guys to help us test and review them.

attachicon.gifSnell golf Balls - 6.jpg

Both balls share DNA with the original MTB, with some differences that will matter to the avid golfer. The MTB BLACK is a softer feeling 3-piece ball with a urethane cover and features lower spin off the tee and with long irons, but similar performance to the original MTB around the greens.

The MTB RED, on the other hand, is a firmer feeling 4-piece ball that spins more for the player that wants it, both off the tee and around the greens.

attachicon.gifSnell Golf Balls - 7.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

We take Member Testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, and we ask that you put some time, effort and thought into your reviews. You MUST apply in this thread only.

Step 1: Snell has set up a webpage exclusively for MGS Test applicants to check out both balls and help you figure out which one might be best for you. CLICK HERE to visit the site, and make sure to watch Dean's video!

Step 2: In this thread, tell us the following:

- Your first name and home state/province

- Your current handicap

- Your current golf ball

- Do you feel you're a "high spin" or a "low spin" player

We'll be selecting 5 of you to test the MTB RED and 5 to test the MTB BLACK, so make sure you check out the video and apply for the ball you think might best fit your game.

Check back here next week, and we'll let you know who the lucky testers are.

​Thanks for being a part of MyGolfSpy, and we promise you are going to love what we have in store for you this year.

David, Tacoma Wa, 12hcp, titiest, high spin

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

- Michael, Pennsylvania & SC

- TP5X

- High Spin player

Would like to test the red

Guest Guest

Would love to be chosen to test the new ball.

W.D. Griever

Athens, GA

14 hndcp

High spin - MTB Red

Guest Bill hinze

Red and Black ball testing

Guest Guest

I am a 8 handicap. I currently play the tour ball from Vice. I would love to compare. I am a teacher so I play 3 times a week after school and all summer. I have plenty of time to test the new golf balls.

- Thomas  New York

- 2.8 handicap index

- Callaway Chrome Soft

- Definitely a higher spin player, desperately trying to reduce driver spin.

Would love to conduct a full testing of the Snell Red ball.  Since Callaway's Chrome Soft is coming in at an even higher price point this year I will be considering a change.  I did bag the Snell MTB for a while when it was first introduced.

Guest William Carroll

Everybody is going to tell you why you should pick them to be a tester. I will tell you the reason to select me. I have a very unique skill set as a golfer. I AM HONEST! There is no time for BS in my game. I live outside Buffalo Ny  and carry a 2-3 handicap at worst. I play at least 5-6 times per week weather permitting and practice putting and chipping on my lunch brakes. 

I am a insurance broker so I play a lot of golf tournaments to create business. I am always asked what kind of ball am I playing and my rule is conditions will dictate to me whether I use a 2 piece ball or a 3 piece or the Maxfil U6 layer ball. 

So if you are looking for Honest, dedicated, and a unique skill set to try your golf balls give me a opportunity. Whats the worst that can happen the True Review of your product.