TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cleveland 2315 satin rho question

spuds544

I just got my new putter. I'm super excited for this. But it seems to me like something is off. I ordered it to be "stock" lie and loft. The whole shaft seems to be crooked. Even the grip is crooked compared to the face. This is my first nice putter I've ever had. So I have no idea if it's supposed to be like this.

It's a double bend shaft, but I can't tell from the pics if there is anything sideways about the installation. Did you try before buying or just order it blind?

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

It's a double bend shaft, but I can't tell from the pics if there is anything sideways about the installation. Did you try before buying or just order it blind?

I tested the cero model at a PGA Superstore. And orders the rho blind. I didn't notice a double bend on the cero model. And I didn't see anytjing that's said it would be. I guess I'm so used to my old straight flat top flight putter.

It is a single bend shaft;  not double bend.  When you say crooked,  it is hard to tell from the pictures what you are referring too.   From the pics it looks like the shaft is leaning backwards,  is that what you mean?   Not sure how you ordered the putter,  but if you aren't happy with the way the shaft is setup, you can return and get one that is setup better

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It looks like the shaft is turning backwards from flat. I wish there was a good way to show that in pics. Best one is the whole putter pic. The bottom of the putter is flat on the ground. The shaft is bending backwards from there after the bend above the heel.

I might return it. I just wanted to know if this was the way it was supposed to be. Ive also emailed Cleveland about it.

It looks like the shaft is turning backwards from flat. I wish there was a good way to show that in pics. Best one is the whole putter pic. The bottom of the putter is flat on the ground. The shaft is bending backwards from there after the bend above the heel.

I might return it. I just wanted to know if this was the way it was supposed to be. Ive also emailed Cleveland about it.

Probably just how the shaft was inserted in the club.  I have seen it with other putters with all types of shafts.   When testing putters, you will also see many grips that are not installed square.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would say shaft is installed incorrectly.  You have contacted Cleveland;  I am sure they will get back to you.  

I see what you mean — it looks like there are two bends there when there should only be one. Maybe try finding pics of what it is supposed to look like on the

Cleveland website and then compare them?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I see what you mean — it looks like there are two bends there when there should only be one. Maybe try finding pics of what it is supposed to look like on the

Cleveland website and then compare them?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I tried before I posted. There isn't any pics of the shaft or whole putter. Only pics of the putter head. I tried youtube also. Which is why I'm not watching a hour long video of lefty teaching me how to putter. Lol

Did you order directly from Cleveland? Is the grip twisted versus the whole shaft? If you can, Maybe take it to a local shop to compare first then Contact Cleveland, I'm sure they'll make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Did you order directly from Cleveland? Is the grip twisted versus the whole shaft? If you can, Maybe take it to a local shop to compare first then Contact Cleveland, I'm sure they'll make it right.

I got it off Amazon. $15 cheaper then any store. I'll wait to hear from Cleveland.

So the email reply from Cleveland states the putter is designed this way. It's designed that way so that when "in play" the shaft and head align. The putter head is weighted more towards the face where the tail won't be even with the ground.

I'm 90% sure I'll be returning this putter. Having the shaft be "twisted" like it is will most definitely be messing with my alignment. Which suck. Cuz I really wanted to like this putter. It's looks like a tie fighter!

So the email reply from Cleveland states the putter is designed this way. It's designed that way so that when "in play" the shaft and head align. The putter head is weighted more towards the face where the tail won't be even with the ground.

I'm 90% sure I'll be returning this putter. Having the shaft be "twisted" like it is will most definitely be messing with my alignment. Which suck. Cuz I really wanted to like this putter. It's looks like a tie fighter!

I really liked it too, but the head felt too light even though it weighs the same as the Elevado.

I'll check To see it's that way too.

If you think that looks weird, my gamer has a triple bend shaft, takes a little to get used to but it was for the offset, and lie angle coming off the 90 degree stub

Your video clearly shows what you're seeing.

I looked at my 2135 Satin Elevado, and its shaft has exactly the same look to it. I had never put my finger on that being the reason before, but it did always strike me as awkward looking at address. I essentially have to block out the shaft when aiming, giving my attention to the putter head alone.

Now, for me, it's ended up being not so much a problem, at least in my indoor practice. It beat out all my other putters in a series of matchups I wrote up elsewhere on this site.

I can definitely see how someone could look at this, though, and find it difficult to get over.

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I will say. The feeling of the putter is fantastic. Super soft. Thankfully Amazon had a 1 month return policy. I'll definitely keep using it within that time. Cuz I want to like this putter.

Can't agree more. Of every putter in my collection, I love the feel of my Cleveland the best. And I want to believe (it's hard to prove) that the variable face grooves are having an Evnroll/Ping effect on distance consistency.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Here's a few pics of my Elevado. It's shaped the same, due to the nub where the shaft attaches, is angled forward to avoid a triple bend shaft, probably sturdier and less likely to bend, it provides the offset Instead of a plumber or flow neck. And is much less expensive to produce

Stick with your plan to try it for a few weeks, they are money putters

Archived