Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

GOLFERS! - Are You Brand-Washed?

GolfSpy_X

Not sure you could call anyone a "douchebag" and it not be a put-down. But OK...

It's kinda like calling a friend an "idiot" or some other name when you don't mean it literally, but still want to gig them just a bit. It's actually often not only used on the person (as in: "yeah, Joe's a douchebag....got everything Titleist from driver to putter, to bag, to towel, to divot tool"), but also to describe the bag itself (as in: "yeah, Joe's got himself a real douchebag -- everything Taylormade from driver to putter, to bag, to towel, to divot tool....heck, he even only wears Adidas, lol.")

Nothing personal's meant by it....other that slightly gigging someone for such brand adherence.

• SPY VIP

i would say that im totally brand washed... i have ping everything... and i love it...

Honestly, I wanted to do the same at one point. I think that the history of the brand was attractive to me. The clubs and I could not work out our relationship though.

I do have a Ping bag on order with my college's golf coach though.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I think I'm a brand snob anyway, but I'm more of a hype fan... I usually buy whatever the advertisers tell me is the best thing on the market... I'm definitely a sucker for brand marketing...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I think I'm a brand snob anyway, but I'm more of a hype fan... I usually buy whatever the advertisers tell me is the best thing on the market... I'm definitely a sucker for brand marketing...

This is not as bad as you make it sound, if the brand consistently makes solid products. However if the name is truly all that is being sold, you may end up with a "sucker" bag.

I would putt with any Ping putter, because I believe that the brand represents quality. I would miss a lot with the Wack-e or other Ping madness that has come down the pipe, but that is more because the club doesn't match my swing rather than it being a bad putter. Doc 17? Maybe the putter. I would not be as willing to bad a RAM putter. Maybe a RAM Zebra...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived