Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2 different grip sizes

A few weeks ago I picked uo my first hybrid, an Adam Red 2h. It has a standard grip. I play oversize. I have a tendency to pull it while I rarely pull the ball on any of my other clubs. Yes, I need to chance thr grip, but curious if too small a grip will get more wrist action to turn it over. Seems like it would.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

A few weeks ago I picked uo my first hybrid, an Adam Red 2h. It has a standard grip. I play oversize. I have a tendency to pull it while I rarely pull the ball on any of my other clubs. Yes, I need to chance thr grip, but curious if too small a grip will get more wrist action to turn it over. Seems like it would.

You are exactly right. Smaller grips=livlier wrists.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Often yes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I prefer a slightly larger (reduced taper) in the lower hand. You can build them up yourself or buy grips already made that way; which is what I do. GP - CP2 wrap blue cap.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Interesting...I never thought that bigger grips could curtail wrist action. When I got all my clubs together finally late last season, I immediately regripped them all with mid-size GP MCC Plus 4's. My thought process there was that I felt that the standard sized grips kinda beat me up-especially my left wrist which was severely injured back in the late 80's while still in the Marine Corps. Therefore after trying these larger ones, I found that I could survive a range bucket followed by a round of 18 without needing too much post-play therapy, so I went for it. One thing I'm working on right now is actually getting more hinge and lag in my swing and I never thought that these bigger grips might be counter-intuitive to that need.

Most likely I'll have to stick to a larger grip and deal with it though. The other day while picking up my hitting net, I decided to go into the test bay at Dick's and try out the G400 & G400 Max for some laughs. The fella there hooked me up with mid-flex shafts like I need, but the grips were standard-size and I didn't want to bother him to blow on bigger ones. I hit about a medium sized bucket worth and afterwards felt fairly beat up and sore right away. The mid-size may not be the best to get better wrist action, but they sure help ease the aches and pains for me after hitting a bunch.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Interesting...I never thought that bigger grips could curtail wrist action. When I got all my clubs together finally late last season, I immediately regripped them all with mid-size GP MCC Plus 4's. My thought process there was that I felt that the standard sized grips kinda beat me up-especially my left wrist which was severely injured back in the late 80's while still in the Marine Corps. Therefore after trying these larger ones, I found that I could survive a range bucket followed by a round of 18 without needing too much post-play therapy, so I went for it. One thing I'm working on right now is actually getting more hinge and lag in my swing and I never thought that these bigger grips might be counter-intuitive to that need.

Most likely I'll have to stick to a larger grip and deal with it though. The other day while picking up my hitting net, I decided to go into the test bay at Dick's and try out the G400 & G400 Max for some laughs. The fella there hooked me up with mid-flex shafts like I need, but the grips were standard-size and I didn't want to bother him to blow on bigger ones. I hit about a medium sized bucket worth and afterwards felt fairly beat up and sore right away. The mid-size may not be the best to get better wrist action, but they sure help ease the aches and pains for me after hitting a bunch.

If you get a chance you ought to try one of the jumbomax grips.... really calms the hands/wrists down a bunch and are surprisingly quite comfortable.  I'd suggest a small or medium depending on hand/glove size.  There is a love/hate relationship with these - just to warn you - the "hate" seems to come from guys who bought a size that was way too big (L/XL).  Unless you're a pro bball player or someone who can easily palm a basketball then I'd stick with small/medium.  I wear a M/L glove and tried both small and medium and found that the medium size were perfect.

I've tried all sorts of grips - standard MCC plus 4's, golf pride CP2 non tapers, MCC undersize - and find that these are the best for my swing.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Archived