pulledabill

2 different grip sizes

A few weeks ago I picked uo my first hybrid, an Adam Red 2h. It has a standard grip. I play oversize. I have a tendency to pull it while I rarely pull the ball on any of my other clubs. Yes, I need to chance thr grip, but curious if too small a grip will get more wrist action to turn it over. Seems like it would.

A few weeks ago I picked uo my first hybrid, an Adam Red 2h. It has a standard grip. I play oversize. I have a tendency to pull it while I rarely pull the ball on any of my other clubs. Yes, I need to chance thr grip, but curious if too small a grip will get more wrist action to turn it over. Seems like it would.

You are exactly right. Smaller grips=livlier wrists.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Often yes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I prefer a slightly larger (reduced taper) in the lower hand. You can build them up yourself or buy grips already made that way; which is what I do. GP - CP2 wrap blue cap.

Interesting...I never thought that bigger grips could curtail wrist action. When I got all my clubs together finally late last season, I immediately regripped them all with mid-size GP MCC Plus 4's. My thought process there was that I felt that the standard sized grips kinda beat me up-especially my left wrist which was severely injured back in the late 80's while still in the Marine Corps. Therefore after trying these larger ones, I found that I could survive a range bucket followed by a round of 18 without needing too much post-play therapy, so I went for it. One thing I'm working on right now is actually getting more hinge and lag in my swing and I never thought that these bigger grips might be counter-intuitive to that need.

Most likely I'll have to stick to a larger grip and deal with it though. The other day while picking up my hitting net, I decided to go into the test bay at Dick's and try out the G400 & G400 Max for some laughs. The fella there hooked me up with mid-flex shafts like I need, but the grips were standard-size and I didn't want to bother him to blow on bigger ones. I hit about a medium sized bucket worth and afterwards felt fairly beat up and sore right away. The mid-size may not be the best to get better wrist action, but they sure help ease the aches and pains for me after hitting a bunch.

• Like 2

Interesting...I never thought that bigger grips could curtail wrist action. When I got all my clubs together finally late last season, I immediately regripped them all with mid-size GP MCC Plus 4's. My thought process there was that I felt that the standard sized grips kinda beat me up-especially my left wrist which was severely injured back in the late 80's while still in the Marine Corps. Therefore after trying these larger ones, I found that I could survive a range bucket followed by a round of 18 without needing too much post-play therapy, so I went for it. One thing I'm working on right now is actually getting more hinge and lag in my swing and I never thought that these bigger grips might be counter-intuitive to that need.

Most likely I'll have to stick to a larger grip and deal with it though. The other day while picking up my hitting net, I decided to go into the test bay at Dick's and try out the G400 & G400 Max for some laughs. The fella there hooked me up with mid-flex shafts like I need, but the grips were standard-size and I didn't want to bother him to blow on bigger ones. I hit about a medium sized bucket worth and afterwards felt fairly beat up and sore right away. The mid-size may not be the best to get better wrist action, but they sure help ease the aches and pains for me after hitting a bunch.

If you get a chance you ought to try one of the jumbomax grips.... really calms the hands/wrists down a bunch and are surprisingly quite comfortable.  I'd suggest a small or medium depending on hand/glove size.  There is a love/hate relationship with these - just to warn you - the "hate" seems to come from guys who bought a size that was way too big (L/XL).  Unless you're a pro bball player or someone who can easily palm a basketball then I'd stick with small/medium.  I wear a M/L glove and tried both small and medium and found that the medium size were perfect.

I've tried all sorts of grips - standard MCC plus 4's, golf pride CP2 non tapers, MCC undersize - and find that these are the best for my swing.

• Like 1