TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fitting and new PXGs in the house.

puttingpirate

Sooo, after playing for 2 years with my 0311s I decided to get re-fitted.

Surprisingly after only playing for 2 years and being fitted for clubs at the very start (was struggling to hit the ball) vs now (play pretty much every day with the odd low 70s round) a lot of my spec stayed the same. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgGV99MBDj0

The 2 biggest changes were the swingweight (went from d6 to d3) as my swing smoothen out a lot, and the balance point. Went from the Project X LZ 5.5 115g tipped to KBS Tour C taper lite 100 S.

Distance was exactly the same on both. On the new shaft I got about 3 yards higher flight on demand and a bit tighter dispersion. But the club feels different and apparently will help me come from the inside more as the head wont drag me outside.

Anyway! Time to take them out to the course! :) 

x1Mqcuf.jpg

Pretty amazing to be shooting low 70's with only 2 years of golf experience. Most people can't accomplish that in a lifetime.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Sooo, after playing for 2 years with my 0311s I decided to get re-fitted.

Surprisingly after only playing for 2 years and being fitted for clubs at the very start (was struggling to hit the ball) vs now (play pretty much every day with the odd low 70s round) a lot of my spec stayed the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgGV99MBDj0

The 2 biggest changes were the swingweight (went from d6 to d3) as my swing smoothen out a lot, and the balance point. Went from the Project X LZ 5.5 115g tipped to KBS Tour C taper lite 100 S.

Distance was exactly the same on both. On the new shaft I got about 3 yards higher flight on demand and a bit tighter dispersion. But the club feels different and apparently will help me come from the inside more as the head wont drag me outside.

Anyway! Time to take them out to the course! :)

x1Mqcuf.jpg

PXG sends them in a BOX?! I figured little fairies brought them, encased in diamond crusted containers, to the buyer! Dang. Just cardboard?!

Keep us up to date on how they play. Pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Most people can't accomplish that in a lifetime....

Most people can't afford two sets of PXG's in a lifetime either...

Which always makes me chuckle when I see a PXG box - it should say: "You've never paid like this before" - lol.

Just kidding. Enjoy.

So, first round I took them to; a little 9 hole par 3 course with a longest hole around 180 so perfectly designed for irons.

And it was bad :-D I was fanning the face right open, i played the worst round around there ever :D So I walked it again. And then again and it started becoming better. I went to the range, few hundred balls later went to sleep.

Next day I played my course - and the irons were on fire. It was windy as hell and first 2 holes I teed off with an iron just to get the feel of them (tho the range felt amazing) and I managed to break my distance records for my 7 and 8 irons. Strong fade moved onto being a baby draw.

And i walked away with a 76 on the card with no birdies :-) So I'd say a solid round!

Here are some stats:

x8oUeDb.jpg

tVuSQPC.jpg

CosPn0l.jpg

Seriously, who gets new clubs and only posts a picture of them in a box when you can only see the shafts.  More pics dude!

I mean they are the same clubs I've had before, just changed shafts and grips :)

And they don't have the custom finish yet.

New set of the Gen2 is coming to me in about a month so will post a lot of pictures then! :D

q1mjV0e.jpgbNmib9b.jpg

Nice! Two sets twice the fun!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Good looking clubs! Would love to try a set of PXG's to see how they shake out versus others.

BP knows his target market and I think he is doing well with it so kudos to him. I can't imagine how hard it would be to break into the equipment business as a complete newbie. People hate on him but I honestly don't get it. If I could afford to try them I would, but he doesn't have to consult me about pricing before he launches a product.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Sounds fun!  Congrats on the upgrade....

If you're looking for anyone to try out the old sticks just to see if PXG is the real deal or not lemme know!  HAHA.

Enjoy the gen2 ... they seem awesome.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Congrats on the upgrade.  The gen2 irons are hot

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yeah they should be good. Apparently they will be here around the release date so will make sure to compare the two.

@Stroker :-D :-D Im afraid with their fitting process it's pointless to play with someone elses sticks :-(

I'm willing to try

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Yeah they should be good. Apparently they will be here around the release date so will make sure to compare the two.

@Stroker :-D :-D Im afraid with their fitting process it's pointless to play with someone elses sticks :-(

Didn't realize you were in London...seen some nice courses over there on YouTube!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Archived