TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Woods - Nike/Artisan

GC70

I can't see TW gaming TM irons or wedges ever. Tiger has been throwing darts with these for years. Mike Taylor is one of the best in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I'd be awfully surprised if Tiger doesn't have something in his contract with TM that will have Mike Taylor designing the next set of "Tiger Proto" blades for TM. And the internet will melt down when they come out.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd be awfully surprised if Tiger doesn't have something in his contract with TM that will have Mike Taylor designing the next set of "Tiger Proto" blades for TM. And the internet will melt down when they come out.

Exactly. As long as he plays their woods I doubt they reallly care if he plays “real” TaylorMade irons. Probably will just end up slapping the TM logo on his current irons in some form. Especially since he is playing well again I don't see him making anymore switches for quite a while.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I'm guessing that they might have TM logos on them at some point. I read an article that they were “close” with the irons. Either way, they could throw the TW logo on a box of turds and it would sell like hot cakes.

While Nike did ok I would say that overall they wouldn't be a big seller.  Nike had 3 of the biggest names in golf of staff and they couldn't compete with the big boys on sales.  Outside of the the p790s i don't think TM irons will be that hot even with a TW logo on them

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

While Nike did ok I would say that overall they wouldn't be a big seller.  Nike had 3 of the biggest names in golf of staff and they couldn't compete with the big boys on sales.  Outside of the the p790s i don't think TM irons will be that hot even with a TW logo on them

You may be correct, the P730's are gorgeous and the P750's are a great looking iron that could be played by a large number of mid to low caps, but there is very little buzz around those in our pro shop, but we have sold a couple 790 sets already. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You may be correct, the P730's are gorgeous and the P750's are a great looking iron that could be played by a large number of mid to low caps, but there is very little buzz around those in our pro shop, but we have sold a couple 790 sets already. 

From those i have talk to the p790s are doing well.  In my testing with the 770 they were a little shorter than several other brands in that same style and it was hard finding 730 and 750 fitting heads.  I hope TM has a good year with 790 and m3/4 lineup.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

From those i have talk to the p790s are doing well.  In my testing with the 770 they were a little shorter than several other brands in that same style and it was hard finding 730 and 750 fitting heads.  I hope TM has a good year with 790 and m3/4 lineup.

I'm going to a TaylorMade Educational day next week that is going to have several people from HQ there, they will be giving us a whole rundown on the entire line and have the whole line available for us to demo on the range afterward.  I'm looking forward to hitting the 790's and the M4 as well.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Artisan wedges are Awesome!!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I'm guessing he will transition to the “Taylormade” irons after The Masters. I'm actually looking forward to what they come up with for the “TW” irons, and wedges.

There is no doubt that Taylormade will be releasing a set of TW irons before the year is out, and they will sell like hot cakes.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I will be anxious to see if that happens.

More money for me!!!!!!

Love it

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Another thing I find interesting about El Tigre is the specs of his irons. Old school lofts, and still hits his 7 iron as far as the jacked up loft guys. there is hope!! If I order Taylormade irons I'm just going to say Tiger spec them.

I think the reason I'm so stuck on this is, I quit playing golf while the loft jacking thing happened for 8-9 years. Even 460cc drivers weren't the standard yet.

Artisan wedges are Awesome!!

Yes they are! MT is great. He made me a couple sets that are absolutely gorgeous.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I can't see TW gaming TM irons or wedges ever. Tiger has been throwing darts with these for years. Mike Taylor is one of the best in the business.

I thought I saw Tig with nike wedge still over wkend

Bags

I thought I saw Tig with nike wedge still over wkend

Bags

You did, he's still playing the Nike Vr wedges with MT's special touches. His irons are the same.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 3 months later...

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Archived