Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Most Wanted Driver Testing 2018

JTexGolfer

I like that MGS is keeping it at the top of mind. Something to look forward to as winter ends. 

Definitely some people in this world that like to get upset about everything that they can.....Why be miserable when life is so short? :-)

On the topic.... I love the G400 in my bag...and I'm hoping it'll be up there. I know all the folks I know with it are LOVING it! 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that MGS is keeping it at the top of mind. Something to look forward to as winter ends.

Definitely some people in this world that like to get upset about everything that they can.....Why be miserable when life is so short? :-)

On the topic.... I love the G400 in my bag...and I'm hoping it'll be up there. I know all the folks I know with it are LOVING it!

Im liking my 400 Max but still waiting to get on rhe course with my Rogue SZ.

And yesterday i got to hit the M4 at a TaylorMade event. And........liked it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Im liking my 400 Max but still waiting to get on rhe course with my Rogue SZ.

And yesterday i got to hit the M4 at a TaylorMade event. And........liked it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've heard good things about the M3 and M4. I didn't really see any difference between the regular and Max G400.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I've heard good things about the M3 and M4. I didn't really see any difference between the regular and Max G400.

The M3 wasn't as good for me as the 4. I only tried the standard 400 last summer. Other than remembering it was pretty good, I can't recall enough compared to the Max.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

i preferred the M4 over the M3; the M3 just didn't work for me.   There isn't a lot of visible difference between the G400 and G400 max.  Performance wise they are pretty close as well  but I have primarily used the stock shaft and hit the "moderator formerly known as CG2"s once and he has the Hzardous shaft.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

i preferred the M4 over the M3; the M3 just didn't work for me. There isn't a lot of visible difference between the G400 and G400 max. Performance wise they are pretty close as well but I have primarily used the stock shaft and hit the "moderator formerly known as CG2"s once and he has the Hzardous shaft.

I've got the Tour X and a Diamana Kai'li that I play in the G400...mainly the Kai'li as it gives me a little lower ball flight... although I love the feel of the tour. PING has done a great job with that thing.

I've got the Tour X and a Diamana Kai'li that I play in the G400...mainly the Kai'li as it gives me a little lower ball flight... although I love the feel of the tour. PING has done a great job with that thing.

I am probably going to end up with a G400 sometime soon.  I want to try the other shafts to see what would work best for me.   I was fit into the regular G400 with a Fujikura Vista Pro shaft at Club Champion.   Thinking I am going to go with the G400 Max instead and since that is a custom shaft it would be hard for me to try it again (3 hour drive to CC).  One of my local stores has most of the optional shafts so next time I am out that way I will give them a try.  Also want to head back to MGS LXB and try some of the other drivers against my current driver to see how much of an improvement I could get.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am probably going to end up with a G400 sometime soon. I want to try the other shafts to see what would work best for me. I was fit into the regular G400 with a Fujikura Vista Pro shaft at Club Champion. Thinking I am going to go with the G400 Max instead and since that is a custom shaft it would be hard for me to try it again (3 hour drive to CC). One of my local stores has most of the optional shafts so next time I am out that way I will give them a try. Also want to head back to MGS LXB and try some of the other drivers against my current driver to see how much of an improvement I could get.

I like the smaller head of the regular G400, although it's very slight. Being able to visit MGS is pretty close to club champion. Just fit yourself there

I like the smaller head of the regular G400, although it's very slight. Being able to visit MGS is pretty close to club champion. Just fit yourself there

From a club variety perspective they are. From. Shaft perspective they are not. For the G400 they only have the stock Alta shaft. It is an nice shaft and my numbers are ok, but I want to know if one of the other shafts might narrow the dispersion. I had read that one of the other shafts was a similar profile to the fujikura shaft.

From a club variety perspective they are. From. Shaft perspective they are not. For the G400 they only have the stock Alta shaft. It is an nice shaft and my numbers are ok, but I want to know if one of the other shafts might narrow the dispersion. I had read that one of the other shafts was a similar profile to the fujikura shaft.

... Right there with you cnosil! Clubs can be somewhat universal as in a GI is a GI and a players iron is a players iron, although in those groupings there are slight differences not only in performance but in subjectivity. But I have not hit a players iron I could not put into play, I just like some better than others. Shafts are much more personal and the slightest difference in tip stiffness, bend profile and weight can make a huge difference in feel and that really affects performance. I love demoing shafts more than clubs and once you find your comfort zone, most shafts in that zone are at least a decent fit. But it took me years of hitting just about every shaft out there to find what worked best for my swing. A mid weight, mid tip stiffness and a mid bend point works best for me. But even then a shaft can come along with a stiffer or softer tip that just works for me. I was shocked at the PGA Show to be hitting what is basically a senior flex TPT shaft better than the R and S shafts, although TPT does not ascribe to A, R and S and more to an overall design philosophy. 

... For most, attempting to fit yourself into a shaft is just a hit or miss proposition and getting fit from a qualified club fitter is an excellent idea. When a shaft fits your swing and feels right thru impact, you can take a normal swing but when a shaft is too stiff or too soft we subconsciously change our swing to get the shaft to produce the feel and trajectory we are used to feeling/seeing. I have said this before but this is why Pro's hit no more than 2/3 shots with a shaft they are demoing because they have the skill to make it do whatever they want and they most definitely will subconsciously change their swing to get their desired results and that is the last thing they want. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 1 month later...

Archived