Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

REVIEW - Galvin Green Golf Jacket - LARRY Interface-1 Review

puttingpirate

So as we're heading into the 'lets play golf' months but it's still bloody freezing I got myself a new jacket.
Price £250 as of the time of reviewing.

I love my GG IFC-1 Gilet (reviewed here) but sometimes it's too cold to play sleeveless so I thought - I'll get myself the vest with sleeves.

It's the 2018 version of the Bruce that I liked a lot, but it has some happily welcome upgrades.

3BSAEkP.jpg

It's good looking enough that I dont mind popping to a pub while wearing it. The zips don't catch the material anymore (!) and it has the all important pocket!  Which was the main reason I upgraded the 2017 Bruce.

The material is great, stretchy, water resistant to the point of me sometimes not being bothered to take out my waterproofs at all if I see the rain will stop in under 30 minutes. The collar is also soft and comfortable. I played in it in temperatures between -3 to 8/9 degrees. When the temps were higher I found myself wanting to change thermals for a tee underneath, or swap the jacket for the sleeveless gilet.

As a guy that sweats a lot it does take the moisture away, so you don't feel like you've just been swimming in your clothes.

It was paired mostly with some body warmers and an insula pullover underneath.

Warm, comfortable, with great quality, looks and moisture management. 

And most importantly - it doesn't restrict my golf swing.

If you're in the market for a jacket this season - buying this one is a no brainer.

Feel free to ask any questions as usual.

Archived