Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tiger and Ernie are captains

TheWahoo

Yesterday on TGC, it was announced or discussed that Tiger Woods and Ernie Els have been named as Captains for their respective 2019 President's Cup teams.   It brought back the memory of their play off efforts in the 2003 President's Cup, considered one of the best President Cups.  The potential for Tiger to be a playing Captain was discussed.  

I think that they will have a positive impact on the Cup in terms of interest and viewership.  While I don't think the President's Cup will ever achieve the status of the Ryder Cup, these two gentlemen are excellent choices, in my opinion.

To quote Jim Furyk...

“It definitely isn't going to hurt, considering what happened in South Africa. We're going to see that [2003] tape 4 billion times.”

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I like seeing these two as captains.  Gives the event two relevant capts and also makes it interesting as both could be playing captains.

I know many feel its too early for tiger being a capt but i like it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Archived