OR/WA courses

StrokerAce

I haven't played it yet, but you might want to check out the OGA course in Woodburn. Home course of the Oregon Golf Association.

I always drive by Langdon Farms on my way down to Corvallis. I keep thinking that I should stop and play it, but driving a 300 mile trip... I just want to get there!!

Is Lost Tracks outside Bend the course with the railroad car over the water to a par 3 green? I liked that course too, and the price was reasonable if I remember correctly.

I've played OGA before. It's decent. There are better ones out there. So Stroker, if you end up going to Bend, I would play an additional round there instead of OGA. Or another round in Washington.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Love the Home Course! All of your WA ones are great (Elk Ridge is in WA by the way and I have heard its solid) I would add the Suncadia courses (especially Tumble Creek), Washington National, Appletree, Druids Glen, Golf Club at Newcastle and White Horse to your WA list. For Oregon I would add Landon Farms and either of the courses at The Reserve Vineyards and GC in Beaverton to that list. If you are willing to drive over to Central Oregon (Since you have 4 listed) I would add in the other Sunriver courses, The Eagle Crest Courses, Tetherow, Brasada Ranch and Juniper. Also Crooked River Ranch is a fun unique course over there and Lost Tracks is a solid cheaper/fun course. Just stay away from Rivers Edge and the Old Back Nine and you will probably be good! There are many other great one that I wpuld to add but most are Private (Tacoma CC, Broken Top, Sahalee, ect...) or seemed farther than you wanted to go (Wine Valley, Wild Horse, Silvies Valley Ranch Retreat and Links). I'm sure I will think of others that would fit whatever location you end up deciding to drive to!

I totally agree with Tetherow if you head to Bend. I would check it before heading out because they might be opening it a little late this year. I was on the course 3 weeks ago and it was covered with snow. They have made some improvements as well to actually make it a little easier on some holes.

If you can find someone to get you on Broken Top that's another great course. I say the front nine is a totally different course compared to the back nine but a pleasure to play.

Hole 2 on Broken Top shoots from above down into a mini canyon I'll call it. Its narrow but a blast.

Enjoy your golf trip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If your expecting it to be kinda similar to the Home Course since that is the home of the WSGA and PNGA you will be disappointed. Its kinda goofy and not nearly as nice as the Home Course. Still not bad but not in the same league

I haven't played it yet, but you might want to check out the OGA course in Woodburn.  Home course of the Oregon Golf Association.

I always drive by Langdon Farms on my way down to Corvallis.  I keep thinking that I should stop and play it, but driving a 300 mile trip... I just want to get there!!

Is Lost Tracks outside Bend the course with the railroad car over the water to a par 3 green?  I liked that course too, and the price was reasonable if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (14.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :mizuno-small: MP18 SC - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :mizuno-small: MP18 - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 - X100

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) 

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

If your expecting it to be kinda similar to the Home Course since that is the home of the WSGA and PNGA you will be disappointed. Its kinda goofy and not nearly as nice as the Home Course. Still not bad but not in the same league

Good to know!!  Thanks.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@strokerAce, just recieved this email from Chambers Bay. Looks like all greens will be open, in case you want to change your mind... Screenshot_20180315-182806.jpg

• Like 1

@strokerAce, just recieved this email from Chambers Bay. Looks like all greens will be open, in case you want to change your mind... attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180315-182806.jpg

Thanks! That's good news.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Heron Lakes and Pumpkin Ridge while in the PDX area. Langdon Farms is in Wilsonville and right on the interstate. Salem G.C. in Salem is a real nice local course and about 15 minutes off the interstate. In Coevallis Trysting Tree is decent. Mallard Cr in Lebanon is a fun play. Albany has Springhill which is about 15 minutes from OSU. Outside Eugene is Tokatee. A real gem in Oregon to be honest and would be a great choice. No real wallet breakers on the list either in comparison to what you will pay in Central Oregon.

• Like 1

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

OGA course in Woodburn is a decent course.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 2 weeks later...

So, what did you decide?

With just a week, I would recommend just doing Bend and Portland. Pronghorn & Tetherow are amazing, pumpkin Ridge is great and there are plenty in between.

And while gamble sands is my favorite, saying it is in the "area" is a long stretch. Doing a Seattle trip with Chambers, Suncadia, Newcastle, and Salish Cliffs would be a while trip unto itself.

Then, you always have Bandon waiting for that epic trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

So, what did you decide?

With just a week, I would recommend just doing Bend and Portland. Pronghorn & Tetherow are amazing, pumpkin Ridge is great and there are plenty in between.

And while gamble sands is my favorite, saying it is in the "area" is a long stretch. Doing a Seattle trip with Chambers, Suncadia, Newcastle, and Salish Cliffs would be a while trip unto itself.

Then, you always have Bandon waiting for that epic trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I leave on Monday.... we're going to try to outrun the rain --- which is hard to do in OR.  Not sure where that will leave us but a lot of great options.  

Thanks for the tip on WA!... next year I'll go later in the season and we'll hit Chambers and some of those courses up there.

Leave at 4 am tomorrow for my trip...

so far we are playing Pumpkin Ridge on Tuesday, Sunriver on Wednesday and Pronghorn on Thursday.... after that it's a big mystery because the rain might make a visit.  :(

it will be my first rounds of the year.... PUMPED!

• Like 3

Leave at 4 am tomorrow for my trip...

so far we are playing Pumpkin Ridge on Tuesday, Sunriver on Wednesday and Pronghorn on Thursday.... after that it's a big mystery because the rain might make a visit. :(

it will be my first rounds of the year.... PUMPED!

Take some pics of that Pumpkin Ridge. Well all the courses you play, could end up out that way.

• Like 1

Take some pics of that Pumpkin Ridge. Well all the courses you play, could end up out that way.

Will do!

• Like 1

That should be a fun trip. Good luck with the weather

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Should be a great trip! Which course(s) are you playing at Sunriver? Crosswater or one of the other ones?

• Like 1

I just got home from Corvallis tonight.  It was beautiful in the valley Friday and Saturday.  Started to rain a little today.  The forecast here in E. Washington is very similar to Bend, Oregon but we are a lot warmer; they are at higher elevation.  Rain is coming into our area late Wednesday through Saturday.  

Wish you had better weather... warmer and drier I'd join you!!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have a great trip Stroker. Tee em high and hit em far..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Should be a great trip! Which course(s) are you playing at Sunriver? Crosswater or one of the other ones?

Meadows? I think...