Which shaft to pick for my driver...

I had a shaft discussion with myself this morning in the SLDR post. I'm trying to experiment around with some shafts for the Flyz+ I bought a while back. None of the shaft options I've been trying are expensive. Nor do they need to be. And none of them have worked either. Not yet anyway as I'm getting ready to test the same shaft I have in my SLDR. Will this one work?

But since I'm not working with my fitter at this time I'm trying the do it yourself approach. But honestly, I could use some better shaft selections and a LM to at least get headed in the right direction. Perhaps I will.

Wait - you're going on a launch monitor? Be still me heart! :)

At puttingpirate enjoy the new driver - all those shafts like delightful but I haven't a clue which one will work best for you. Let us know which you choose and how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Oh and you guys will get a good laugh out of the fact that I just spilled my cup of coffee after reading that Plaid May go to the launch monitor. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Hey I never said I didn't like a LM. Now don't go dig up some old post where I said I did. LOL

What I will admit to is that I don't like hitting a driver into a net and taking the LM at it's digital word. If a LM says I'm in a good shaft..... then I want to go outside on the course with my game ball. Then we'll see. Literally.

:)

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I had a shaft discussion with myself this morning in the SLDR post. I'm trying to experiment around with some shafts for the Flyz+ I bought a while back. None of the shaft options I've been trying are expensive. Nor do they need to be. And none of them have worked either. Not yet anyway as I'm getting ready to test the same shaft I have in my SLDR. Will this one work?

But since I'm not working with my fitter at this time I'm trying the do it yourself approach. But honestly, I could use some better shaft selections and a LM to at least get headed in the right direction. Perhaps I will.

I had much the same dilemma and a box of shafts t go show for it. I finally bought a Project X LZ 5.5 and love it...and it was cheap. Even though 5.5, I can't overpower it if I get on it and it loves a smooth swing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...