Our Sponsors

Mark, CA

Driver - M1 10.5*

3wd - M1 15*

Rescue - 19* Rocketballz 2

4-PW - Mizuno MP-15 

50* - Cleveland RTX 2.0

56* & 60* - Cleveland RTX 3.0

Old Scotty Putter (been in the bag for over 10+)

8.1 HC

Improve my ball striking without taking golf too serious...I just want to practice, play on the weekends and get a little better each year, all while golfing with my friends.  My long term goal is to reach and maintain a 5 HC.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(5) Testers Announced: Cobra Connect Challenge II   The Full Bag Edition     Please read this one carefully gang, as it's a BIGGIE!!! And it's more than just a club review - it's a season long

This one's a wrap...Hold all entries.       We have our Testers:   Congratulations: Hardcore Looper Joyzee10 Fozcycle MDGolfHacker Reesedw

I don't think it was a requirement to have an existing account and it wasn't hidden criteria.   For the original post on the testing commitment:   Again, the commitment on your part is to game you

Posted Images

Dan Barker, Seattle. I have a g30 HZRDUS 6.5, tour edge xcg 15 stiff 68g tour ad, RBZ 19 hybrid with a fubuki, 4-G x hot pros with 6.0 flighted 95, Taylormade 54 and 58 kbs. Yes tracy or Odyssey big T v-line. I switch clubs a lot and am looking to stick with something for a while! Hoping that leads to some more consistent scores and a lower handicap. I would be more than happy to document my findings with a new arsenal and the Cobra Connect capability. Love the look of all the F8 stuff and would be happy to have the chance to get better, get more feedback, and help some other people make equipment choices along the way!

1. Layne sheppard

2. Callaway Big Bertha Epic

TaylorMade RBZ 3 Wood and 5 wood

Cobra Utilty Iron

Ping GMax Irons 4-U

Ping Glise 54 and 58

odessey O works

2. 22

3. Starting my third year of golf and would like to play under 90 consistently

1. James, CA

D- 2016 M1: Hazrdus Black 6.5 75g, cut to 42 inches at 8°

3w- Callaway Epic 3+: Tensei Stiff 75g, cut to 41 inches 13.5°

Hey- Ping G30: stock stiff shaft 17°

4-6- Srixon 545: KBS Tour 120 stiff

7-P- Srixon 745: KBS Tour 120 stiff

W- Cleveland RTX 3.0: stock shaft (50°, 56°, 62°) stiff

P- SC M2

All clubs (minus putter) is gripped with GP CP2 Pro, jumbo size with four wraps.

3. 9.9

4. Lower handicap to 7 and improve fairway hit and GIR percentages.

Keith Hawaii

Irons: 5-PW Callaway x-14 Steelhead

Steel shaft stiff

A Wedge Callaway Mack Daddy2

52°, steel

S Wedge Callaway Sure Out 58°

Steel

Driver Taylormade Aero Burner

10.5loft, Regular shaft

3 wood:Taylormade Burner Superfast

2.0 15° stiff graphite

Hybrid Taylormade Rescue 22°stiff

Graphite

6 wood Callaway XHot 28° A flex

Graphite

Putter Carbite putter XL grip

Handicap 26

Trying to improve my game and be more consistent. Always get those bad hits with one of the club's on a few holes. Looking for consistency in my clubs so I can lessen the bad strokes on these holes and get my game and handicap lower.

1. Pierce and I live in Michigan

2. Current set is a Bombtech Grenade 9degree driver, Taylormade rocketballz 3 wood, 4-A Taylormade rocketballz irons, 54, 58, and 62 degree Titleist SM6 Wedges, and a Ping Anser 1 from like 2008 with SuperStroke grip.

3. 4.8 index

4. I'm taking my first lessons ever currently and looking to get my first fitted set of clubs as I'm 6'3” with a fast swing speed and have been playing off the rack clubs for my whole life. My main goal is to get to scratch and attempt some local tournaments this season. I would love to do well and feel comfortable possible trying to make my way to other more high profile tournaments and make a living in the golf world either as a player or doing something else.

1) Brody Quick-Warner Eugene, OR

2) Cobra King F7 driver, Cobra King F7 3 wood, Cobra Bio Cell 3 hybrid, Titleist 716 AP1 4-W, Cleveland Tour action 588 becu 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey white ice 2-ball putter

3) Handicap 15

4) Goal for this season is to get to 10 or below handicap and drive the ball more consistently.

1. Paul in Ohio

2. Driver - TaylorMade Burner

3 wood - Ping G20

Rescue - TaylorMade Jetspeed

Irons - Cobra F7 5-GW

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 588

3. Index 20

4. My goals this year are to be more consistent off the tee. Ideally I'd like to lower my handicap in to the mid-teens with consistent scoring around 85. I'm self taught and still relatively new to the game so the feedback from these clubs would help immensely!

Tyson - Texas

Driver - King Cobra Bio-Cell+ @ 8.5D

FW - Titleist 915F 3W 15*

Hybrid - Callaway FT 2H 18*

Irons - Mizuno MP-57 4-P

Wedges - Nike VR X3X 52* and 56* and a Dimension Z 60*(looking to replace)

Putter - Odyssey Dual Force 770

Handicap 12

Goals

1. Improve my consistency with my long irons

2. Continue to improve my driving accuracy

3. Break 80...then 75(lofty I know!)

4. Cut 10 putts off each round

5. Go a full round without a double bogey or worse(2 81s last year, 1 had a triple bogey that kept me from breaking 80 and the other with 2 doubles that kept me from break 80!)

Nick-Ontario

•Ball: TaylorMade TP5x

•Driver: Ping G 2017 (ACCRA Concept Series M5 shaft), 9.5 degrees

•3 (4)-wood: Titleist 915F 2015, (ACCRA Concept Series M5 shaft) 16.5 degrees

•2 Iron: Titleist 716 T-MB M1 2017 (MISTSUBISHI RAYON XS KURO KAGE shaft), 17.5 degrees

•Irons (4-9): Titleist AP 2 Irons (XS-300 Dynamic Gold shafts)

•Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 5/6 Vokey Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60 degrees)

•Putter: Scotty Cameron – Studio Select Newport 2 (35.5 inches)

•Spares – Titleist 19 degree hybrid (Aldilla Rogue S Shaft 72g), and a Titleist Spin Milled 5 Vokey Wedge (58 degree)

Handicap - 1.1

Goals - there are a couple

1. Create more consistency in my game

2. Play in more competitive events

1. Nick, Mississippi

2. PING G400 LST

TaylorMade M2 3HL

TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Callaway MD2 Tour Grind Wedges

PING TR Anser 2

3. Handicap: 8.3

4. Get my handicap back down to 3-4, play more competitve golf, and beat my friends of course

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Tour 65 S 
:ping-small: G400 14.5*, Tour 75 S

:ping-small: G400 17.5*, Alta CB 65 S
:srixon-small: ZU65 23*, Miyazaki Kayla 7S

:srixon-small: Z765 5-7 / Z965 8-P, AMT Tour White S300
:callaway-small: MD2 50*, MD2 Tour Grind 54*, 58*
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten S
:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX
:ping-small: Hoofer 14

Hi I am Mike Shadwick

I live in Ohio

Current setup

Driver- Cobra LTD

3wood- Cobra fly-z+

3hybrid- Cobra bio cell

Irons- Cobra bio cell+ (players version)

Wedges- Cleveland tour action

Putter- Oddyssey

Handicap- 8 (currently)

My goals for this year are to get back to playing competitive golf. I took a ten year hiatus while starting a career and raising a family. I am looking to get back to my old handicap of +2 and playing in as many tournaments as possible and getting back to really enjoying being on the course

Driver- Cobra LTD (Matrix Ozik Black-tie 65M4 stiff tipped 1/2")

3wood - Cobra Fly-Z+ (Fujikura Vista Pro 70 series- stiff tipped 1/2")

Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell (Stock ProjectX- stiff)

Irons - Cobra Pro CB's (Project X 5.5 Hardstepped)

Wedges - Vokey (50/54/58)

Putter - Oddysey O-Works 1w Red

Ball - Nike RZN Tour Platinum(Til my stash is gone)

Handicap - 4.2

Ben

Olathe, KS

1 driver-Wilson staff triton 9 degree

3-4 wood cobra king f7

5-6 wood cobra king f7

3-4 hybrid cobra king f7

4-5 hybrid cobra king f7

5-pw Wilson staff c200

Putter 38” 395g bettanardi bb1 counterbalance

2 handicap 23.5

3 Goals this season are to eliminate the hook, become a more consistent ball striker, work a lot on short game within 30yds of green, Hit more GIRs and to just flat out have fun.

Christian  Bethpage, NY

Mizuno Mixed set of MP18 (Fli-Hi,MMC,SC & MP) with Project X LZ Tour 6.0 Shafts

Cobra F8+ driver with Fubuki Z 60 X-stiff

Cobra F8 3 wood with Fubuki Z 70 Stiff

Cobra F8+ 5 wood with Hzrdus Yellow Stiff

Cobra F7 Hybrid with GD Tour AD Stiff

Cleveland 2.0 52 & 58 wedges

BioMech Putter 

Handicap 5.6

2018 goal  - Play more golf

Love to try the Cobra's, already play their woods.  Love to try the One-Length irons if possible   Had chance to hit on range, would love to try on the course

Billy

New Hampshire

Ping G10 Driver

Callaway XR 15 15 degree 3 wood

Ping g25 25 degree hybrid

Ping i200 irons 4-U

Scratch 54 58 wedges

Ping Scottdale TR B60 33"

I'd like to tighten up the dispersion on my iron shots, a weakness.

(5) Testers Wanted:

Cobra Connect Challenge II

attachicon.gifCobra-F8-5-2.jpg

The Full Bag Edition

Please read this one carefully gang, as it's a BIGGIE!!! And it's more than just a club review - it's a season long experiment in golf improvement.

Welcome to MyGolfSpy's 2nd annual Cobra Connect Challenge - and we're making it bigger and better than ever.  We're looking for FIVE of you to spend the rest of the golf season with a full bag - yes, a full bag - of Cobra's KING F8 gear equipped with the ARCCOS-powered Cobra Connect System.

We'll outfit you with a complete set of Cobra F8's, from driver, fairway and hybrids to irons and wedges - all customized to your specs - as well as MyGolfSpy's newly crowned Most Wanted Stand Bag, the Cobra Ultralight. Your job? Spend the season with your Cobra gear and use the Cobra Connect system to analyze your game, focus your practice and see how much you can improve.

attachicon.gifCobra-F8-16.jpg

Year Long Competition

Our 5 testers will spend the season competing against each other for some great prizes provided by Cobra-Puma, and all you have to do is what you'd do anyway - play golf and work to shoot lower scores. 

To start, Cobra will send you a full ARCCOS 360 set for use with your current gamers. You'll spend a month setting a performance baseline, and once you get your new Cobra gear, you'll spend the rest of the year playing, tracking your data and discussing your journey here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

This is gonna be, as they say, a hoot!

attachicon.gifCobra-F8-40.jpg

How To Apply:

This review opportunity is open to any golfer in the U.S. or Canada, so in this thread - please tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province

2. Your current set makeup

3. Your current handicap

4. Your goals for the 2018 golf season

Again, the commitment on your part is to game your new Cobra gear for the remainder of the season and share your journey both here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

Good luck to all, and we'll be announcing our 5 testers right here next week!

Kevin E.       Massachusetts

Clubs listed below

Handicap between 10-12

Goal...Single digit handicap

What a great promotion and opportunity.

• Like 1
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Tim - Michigan

Driver-10.5 Callawy Rogue-stiff

FW-Calawy Rogue stiff

HY-Cobra King F7 2/3

Irons- 4-GW

Wedges- Vokey sm6 55 & 60

Putter-Evnrol ER1

Handicap- 8.4

2018 goal- utilize technology to help improve game