DuncanFLA

Worst Balls Ever

Our Sponsors

I'm sure you have been there... some random shopping stop and you find them... some amazing looking golf balls at an unbelievable price - you buy them and are beyond excited to try them, only to find they amount to little more than hitting rocks with your club.  LOL 

So, what are the worst balls you have had the displeasure of playing?

I would have to place NITRO brand at the top of the list.  Seems like a very hard ball, not enjoyable to hit.  IMO!

4trep3.jpg

• Like 2

Top Flite XL worst stone I've ever hit.

• Like 5

Desperado...buddy and I tried them back in high school.  Was supposed to be some amazing illegal ball with unbelievable distance.  They were rocks that fell from the sky and were 3 clubs shorter than a regular ball.

• Like 3

I'm sure you have been there... some random shopping stop and you find them... some amazing looking golf balls at an unbelievable price - you buy them and are beyond excited to try them, only to find they amount to little more than hitting rocks with your club. LOL

I would have to place NITRO brand at the top of the list. Seems like a very hard ball, not enjoyable to hit. IMO!

4trep3.jpg

I vote for the original Titleist Professional. That piece of crap would get lumps under the cover in 3 holes. Probably the most expensive golf ball ever made in terms of golf shots per ball
  • Like 1

Polara and Chromax, I tested both several years back and there is no way either would ever work their way into my bag, huge distance loss with each, not to mention that the Chromax was ugly to boot. 

• Like 3

Slazenger! I use to buy them in multiple dozen promos by Dicks when I started out. They went in the water as fast as I bought them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Any Top flite. Pinnacle anytime you can buy a dozen and get 6 free should tell you something. . Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Any Top flite. Pinnacle anytime you can buy a dozen and get 6 free should tell you something. . Lol

I have to second the Pinnacle. Makes my hands hurt just thinking about hitting one of those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Top flite makes the top of the heap for me. Affectionately known as Rock flite.

• Like 3

Think it was the top flite 2000 if I remember right.

To be honest I had a love hate relationship with pinnacles. Those logo over run deals always got me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Funny that many of you are bagging on the Top Flite stuff. Me, really not knowing any better (but am paying attention), just grabbed a bucket of TF X-Outs from DSG the other day so I could have a bunch of "el-cheapos" to hit into my backyard net. I have not been out golfing enough yet to collect all the lost shots from around the courses to amass my own collection of misfits. Based on what I'm hearing here, maybe I made a poor choice..? These "feel" OK to me-not "rocky", but I really don't know how they truly perform since they just dribble out of the net, nor am I wanting to find out. These are simply my "hitting" balls. I can tell when I flush one clean or when I mishit one, so I get good feedback that way.

Suggestions for better personal range balls?

• Like 1

Funny that many of you are bagging on the Top Flite stuff. Me, really not knowing any better (but am paying attention), just grabbed a bucket of TF X-Outs from DSG the other day so I could have a bunch of "el-cheapos" to hit into my backyard net. I have not been out golfing enough yet to collect all the lost shots from around the courses to amass my own collection of misfits. Based on what I'm hearing here, maybe I made a poor choice..? These "feel" OK to me-not "rocky", but I really don't know how they truly perform since they just dribble out of the net, nor am I wanting to find out. These are simply my "hitting" balls. I can tell when I flush one clean or when I mishit one, so I get good feedback that way.

Suggestions for better personal range balls?

Any ball you find is a good back yard practice ball imo

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

The Top Flite Gamer and Gamer Tour are fine balls.

As Ranger, two days a week I find the Nitro. They go into a bucket and we resell them along with others I find as experienced balls for $10/dozen.

Gotta go along with the Polara and Chromax as the worst balls, although I have never purchased them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Polara and Chromax, I tested both several years back and there is no way either would ever work their way into my bag, huge distance loss with each, not to mention that the Chromax was ugly to boot. 

Yep that Polara was one weird puppy!  It looked like a knuckle ball squirming through the air.   It would have to top my all time goofy ball list. 

• Like 2

TF gamer tours are really good balls at a ksig like price, imo. The rest of their balls are really crappy though.

• Like 2

I'm sure you have been there... some random shopping stop and you find them... some amazing looking golf balls at an unbelievable price - you buy them and are beyond excited to try them, only to find they amount to little more than hitting rocks with your club. LOL

I would have to place NITRO brand at the top of the list. Seems like a very hard ball, not enjoyable to hit. IMO!

4trep3.jpg

I recently tried a sample sleeve of Cut Red balls and I thought something had happened to my swing. I couldn't hit those rocks at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I have two whole boxes of Top Flite XLs. When I played in the 90s they were my favorite ball. Now they're like rocks.

The Top Flite Bomb is a decent ball though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Flite XL worst stone I've ever hit.

Why is the thread still open? This is the only answer.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top Flite  --  The most lost ball in golf.

• Like 1