Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Worst Balls Ever

DuncanFLA

On 5/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, Titleist87 said:

I bought two dozen of the Kirkland Signature 4-piece and never figured out what the hype was about. Not classifying as "worst" but any ball I play, don't like, and never will play again can be classified as "worst". Regarding the Top Flite, 25 years ago when the Oldsmobile was played at the Disney courses, I came into a few dozen Oldsmobile logo Top Flites (bequeathed from my  brother who would not play such a ball) and actually liked the ball. Don't remember the design of the ball but perhaps playing steel woods over titanium made the difference. Never found a Nike or Bridgestone ball I liked. My go to ball of choice is the ProV1x or the TP5.

OMG I still have nightmares about the Oldsmobile logo Top Flites. A course I worked at briefly the owner got a smokin hot deal on those. He bought 3 boxes about the size of a 55 gallon drum each full of those loosly packed. He had a heck of a price on them and the hacks bought them. That was all you found around there then even years after I left there. I think some how or another a lot of them ended up in his range balls. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The top flite titanium is the worst ball I've ever hit, it feels like a rock. The newer ones feel like a regular cheap ball, so they are fine.

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

On 3/22/2018 at 8:49 PM, BigtazzGolf said:

Any ball you find is a good back yard practice ball imo

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You're probably right, but I find a lot of ProV1s at my club and they go in my bag unless they're scuffed or look like they've been there for awhile. 

I bought a dozen Wilson balls three years ago because a friend recommended them. Cannot even remember the name but they were not very good around the greens.

Edited by Hoganman1

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

You're probably right, but I find a lot of ProV1s at my club and they go in my bag unless they're scuffed or look like they've been there for awhile. 
I bought a dozen Wilson balls three years ago because a friend recommended them. Cannot even remember the name but they were not very good around the greens.
Why does no one go look for their Pro Vs????????

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, Hoganman1 said:

There are a lot of spoiled rich kids at my club. They don't care because Mommy and Daddy will buy them another dozen.

More like a dozen every round it seems...

Kirkland 4 piece ball that fell apart after 2 rounds🤣

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review