DuncanFLA

Worst Balls Ever

I have this old sleeve of balls in my office. It says EXTRA CARRY TOP-FLITE PLUS THE LONGEST BALLS. We take them out into the shop when we are bored and see who can bounce one off the concrete floor hard enough to hit the ceiling which is about 26 ft. It is the only thing they are good for!

• Like 4

Funny how many of the balls mentioned I use to play a lot of when I started and now can't stand.

My wife loves playing these Tommy Armour Prada golf balls that match her set. Yes it's a women's ball, but I got one the other day for kicks and wow it felt awful.

Another vote for the Callaway Warbird! Find them everywhere on the course

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

When I find one, which is often  - I don't even bother picking them up for water balls. 

I have to say the Precept Laddie is a rock-ball that I can't stand to play....hard balls and no touch.

I bought them because I got custom logo's on them pretty cheap - now I know why!

-- P.J.

I have this old sleeve of balls in my office. It says EXTRA CARRY TOP-FLITE PLUS THE LONGEST BALLS. We take them out into the shop when we are bored and see who can bounce one off the concrete floor hard enough to hit the ceiling which is about 26 ft. It is the only thing they are good for!

This kinda comment is why I keep coming back to this forum. Almost spit

up my beer when I read it. Ha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I have a sleeve of blue MOJO's that I am saving for a special day of self abuse.

Not only are they unbearable to hit. But they are damn near impossible to find. A true two for one on suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Mojo and half of all the Nike balls they made, along with most Top Flights unless you like hitting a rock

Mojo and half of all the Nike balls they made, along with most Top Flights unless you like hitting a rock

Haven't hit a Top Flite lately, have you?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Haven't hit a Top Flite lately, have you?

Got some Top Flites for Father's Day, gamed them the other day and had my best round in 5 years and second best round of my life. D2+ Feel two 15 packs for $25 at Dicks Sporting Goods. Not for everyone I know but for many a great winter ball option. For me, my new gamer.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Back in the 80s, Wilson (Ultra) and Spalding (Molitor) seemed to engage each other in a race to the bottom to make the hardest, worst-feeling, jaw rattling but premium priced ball. And yes, I put up the Ultra because I'd blocked the Molitor from my memory. If you wanted to split a persimmon driver, just hit a few Molitors with it. I'm surprised that Bob Molitor (Spalding chemist, came up with the cover formula for the first Top Flites) let Spalding put his name on that ball. In fact, I'm surprised that Paul Molitor (former Brewers 3rd baseman, current Twins manager) didn't sue Spalding because that ball was just so bad.

Lock the thread, we're done now.

You are walking a dangerous line talking smack about the Molitor. I would tread very lightly 🤣

• Like 1

Holy... I started with Noodles and honestly didn't find them that horrible.

Rock Flites yeah... have to agree. And they always find the fairways :)

Cougar, Slazenger, anything with Ti or Titanium on them.

Got some Top Flites for Father's Day, gamed them the other day and had my best round in 5 years and second best round of my life. D2+ Feel two 15 packs for $25 at Dicks Sporting Goods. Not for everyone I know but for many a great winter ball option. For me, my new gamer.

D2 Feel and the Gamer line are all some of the best balls for the price you'll find.

• Like 1

The worst one I used are spalding and TopFlite.

The spalding where hard, and after 2/3 holes the outside was a mess.

2018-05-24 19.15.38.jpg

I do like the new pinnacle. Especial the Soft. The have a great feel like the Wilson dx2 or Callaway super soft.

I use the pinnacle because they are cheap and I still lose a lot of balls :)

The worst one I used are spalding and TopFlite.

The spalding where hard, and after 2/3 holes the outside was a mess.

attachicon.gif2018-05-24 19.15.38.jpg

I do like the new pinnacle. Especial the Soft. The have a great feel like the Wilson dx2 or Callaway super soft.

I use the pinnacle because they are cheap and I still lose a lot of balls :)

Ha! That is in EXCELLENT shape compared to some of the balls I've found at my course. Some literally have no dimples!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I always used to wonder who played mini golf balls at my course. Now I know. 😁

• Like 2

I have a sleeve of blue MOJO's that I am saving for a special day of self abuse.

Not only are they unbearable to hit. But they are damn near impossible to find. A true two for one on suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a sleeve of these as well, got them in a Par 3 contest for donations to a vet organization. They sit in the garage never to be played....maybe I should try them in the Hard Ball Challenge.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, mesaman777 said:

Why is the thread still open? This is the only answer.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Sad because it's a great name for a golf ball.