Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Why do you love golf?

TSauer

It's a game that can't be perfected but at the same time drives me to want to get better every time I play or practice

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Today was an example. I went out and played an impromptu 9 holes. Really struggled to hit anything consistently all dsy.

Until the last hole and my last full shot into the green. Had a tucked pin just on top of the back tier. No way to pitch and run it. Had to fly it all the way back.

So it was also the first chsnce to hit my brand new Jet Black SM7 lob wedge from about 60 yards.

Made pure contact and stuck it two feet from the pin. But alas the Tour sauce was too much and brought it back down the slope.

Even though i ended up 70 feet away. The feeling of hitting a golf shot like fhey are meant to be hit.

Thats one reason I love this game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Today was an example. I went out and played an impromptu 9 holes. Really struggled to hit anything consistently all dsy.

Until the last hole and my last full shot into the green. Had a tucked pin just on top of the back tier. No way to pitch and run it. Had to fly it all the way back.

So it was also the first chsnce to hit my brand new Jet Black SM7 lob wedge from about 60 yards.

Made pure contact and stuck it two feet from the pin. But alas the Tour sauce was too much and brought it back down the slope.

Even though i ended up 70 feet away. The feeling of hitting a golf shot like fhey are meant to be hit.

Thats one reason I love this game.

I've had a boat load of shots on my last hole that made my heart flutter.  Always renews my spirits for this hard arse game. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I enjoy playing by myself, with friends and family and now with my kids.  The courses I enjoy the most give me a sense of solitude or allow my group to feel we are the only people around.  Golf is one of the things I like to do in my limited spare time to just relax.  Walking the course, looking at nature, chatting and joking with friends and family.  What more can you want.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I just love being on any golf course.The smell of freshly cut grass- birds chirping- and occasional profanity heard are why I love this great game.I'm positive I would've quit decades ago if I only focused on I have to shoot a low score only mentality.

Keep it in the short stuff

I don't know if I actually love this game? I'd say it's more like an addiction that I've been addicted to for like 25 years! It's a love hate relationship!

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I've never contemplated why I love golf or even if I love golf. Golf has been part of my life since my earliest memories, so to me, it's just always been a part of me, it's just something I'm attracted to because it is in me.

My Grandfather, Father, and uncle all played. The farm my Grandparents bought after Grandpa returned from WW2 became our home “course”. The barn was the “clubhouse” where all the old clubs lived and my first set was whatever clubs I could scrounge up in that barn. Sam Snead Blue Ridge, Spalding, Toney Penna, and many other 20-30 year old (this was the early 80's) inexpensive clubs with dry, cracked grips and a 5 gallon bucket of “experienced” balatas.

I hit those balls out into the field, went and gathered them up, then did it again. Finally, after just going to the course with Grandpa, Uncle and Dad as a spectator, I was allowed to play.

I then began playing with friends and realized it is enjoyable plying with different people, different skill levels, and different ages. Playing with someone, not against them, where the course is the opponent, thats what I really enjoy.

Now, my daughter is learning the game. I can enjoy seeing her experience it for the first time. I can't think of really anything else than golf that can allow generations to compete together for a lifetime.

That's why I love golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I picked it back up 5 years ago because I couldn't hit a softball anymore.

I kept playing because of that feeling you get when you're home in 2 putting for birdie. It's a great feeling to walk 18 and just have the sun on your shoulders and the only care in the world is if you can nail your next shot

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I love golf because it's an ever evolving challenge. Every hole, every course, and every round is different. It's complex, exhilarating and maddening all at the same time!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Archived