2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×

Also any feedback on the Precision Pro NX7?

Thanks

Steve

For $200 with slope function, you can't go wrong. I've had mine for a few weeks now and loving it!

For $200 with slope function, you can't go wrong. I've had mine for a few weeks now and loving it!

Thanks for the endorsement! We agree with you – the NX7 Pro is the best value on the market for a laser rangefinder with slope.  ;) ESPECIALLY if you're a member of the MyGolfSpy forums!

• Like 1

Thanks for the endorsement! We agree with you – the NX7 Pro is the best value on the market for a laser rangefinder with slope.  ;) ESPECIALLY if you're a member of the MyGolfSpy forums!

Well, I couldn't take advantage of the rebate for living in Europe, but top-notch product nonetheless!

Very observant... and 100% correct. For better or worse, there are several companies out there that sell the exact same rangefinder – literally the same product – with the only difference being the color and label that's been slapped on.

To be honest, nearly five years ago, that's the first product we came out with, too. However, we quickly decided that the product wasn't good enough and that we either needed to design and build our own rangefinder or we needed to close up shop. Obviously, we chose the former, and we're proud of the products we sell and stand by them 100%, which is why we created the Precision Care Package – to show golfers that they can have complete confidence when purchasing a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder.

Just bought a tectectec DLXS for 180 because i missed out on the $50 rebate you guys were offering a little while back. If i had known you guys were offering a special discount for MGS members on top of the current rebate I may have reconsidered. I am still within the moneyback guarantee period with tectectec so I could still return it. Can you tell me what makes the NX7 Pro with slope any better than the TTT model for $20 more? If you sell me i may go ahead and return the TTT model and get the NX7 instead!

Well I have used my new PecisionPro NX7pro Range finder a couple of rounds. I know a couple rounds is only a couple rounds but I am going to give my opinion. The course I played had no real slope so I cant talk much about the accuracy of slope feature. What I can say was it felt great in my hand. It was a typical Florida humid summer day with no breeze at all. This is where I was a bit impressed. It had no trouble picking up the flag stick even though the flag was lifeless. I had a few ways to check accuracy. 1, The course had GPS on the cart with actual pin location, 2. a friends $400,million dollar overpriced laser range finder and 3, I walked a few of them off early in the round because it was so fricking hot by the time I got to hole ten it was all cart from there. The scope performed well. I had no trouble getting edges of bunkers, and I played in all of them........ I know in reviews they talk about speed of different units. I just cant imagine one being so slow you are standing there going man this is taking me 4.5 seconds to get my numbers. It was fast enough that I never thought about it. The view was clear and easy to see, although I would like a bit larger viewing area or display. The magnification was good never became anything I had issues with for the most part I had no issues but wishing I had a bit larger viewing area and multi color option. There is no way I would not recommend this for the huge savings in cost and performance its a no brainier. Now add image stabilization at a low price and you will own the market   It does what they say it does and it does it well. I got to go play as many rounds as I can while its 900 degrees here the rates get high when the weather gets good so if there is any reason to update this I will.

Steve

• Like 3

Not that this helps, but if you read the reviews on Leupold's website,this is a common occurrence and Leupold replaces their range finder.

I use a Leupold 1xi and it is still going strong for 5 years.

The support sound pretty s*** to me.  When I dealt with Bushnell when my course wasn't mapped correctly on my Neo Ion, after  a week of ping pong emails I sent them a google map for FMB. Their reply was no use "We'll send you an app and you can map it for us." Pretty poor

Well I have used my new PecisionPro NX7pro Range finder a couple of rounds. I know a couple rounds is only a couple rounds but I am going to give my opinion. The course I played had no real slope so I cant talk much about the accuracy of slope feature. What I can say was it felt great in my hand. It was a typical Florida humid summer day with no breeze at all. This is where I was a bit impressed. It had no trouble picking up the flag stick even though the flag was lifeless. I had a few ways to check accuracy. 1, The course had GPS on the cart with actual pin location, 2. a friends $400,million dollar overpriced laser range finder and 3, I walked a few of them off early in the round because it was so fricking hot by the time I got to hole ten it was all cart from there. The scope performed well. I had no trouble getting edges of bunkers, and I played in all of them........ I know in reviews they talk about speed of different units. I just cant imagine one being so slow you are standing there going man this is taking me 4.5 seconds to get my numbers. It was fast enough that I never thought about it. The view was clear and easy to see, although I would like a bit larger viewing area or display. The magnification was good never became anything I had issues with for the most part I had no issues but wishing I had a bit larger viewing area and multi color option. There is no way I would not recommend this for the huge savings in cost and performance its a no brainier. Now add image stabilization at a low price and you will own the market   It does what they say it does and it does it well. I got to go play as many rounds as I can while its 900 degrees here the rates get high when the weather gets good so if there is any reason to update this I will.

Steve

Wow! That is an awesome – and very thorough – review! Thanks for sharing, Steve. And make sure to stay hydrated during those humid Florida rounds this time of year!  ^_^

• Like 1

Anyone else had the black spot issue in the lens, my Bushnell V4 has multiple Black spots in the Lens and the shop i bought it from told me they are seeing it frequently and the only option is to send it to repairs. 

This thread is basically confirming what my friend, who used to be an assistant pro at a fancy private club said about rangefinders. He said in the time he spent there, he had a ton of people return or complain about their Bushnells, but no one ever complained about the Leopolds. That conversation was before either of us knew about Precision Pro or some of the newer entries into the market.

Honestly it sounds to me like Bushnell is like the Atlanta Braves. Sell you an overpriced/overrated horrible product, and then if you aren't happy, they basically tell you to go screw yourself.

My MGGolf rangefinder had the same LCD issue the OP described, and after contacting them they basically told me I was screwed. I am going to try cleaning the lenses again and see if that makes a difference at all.

Based on the feedback and responses to this thread, if I ever get around to getting another rangefinder, it will be a Precision Pro model.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Based on the feedback and responses to this thread, if I ever get around to getting another rangefinder, it will be a Precision Pro model.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good choice. I just got a PP NX7 last week and have used it 3 times. It is great. It is very accurate. I havent had any readings that made me scratch my head. The buzz when you lock onto the target is helpful and makes you confident you have the right number. My only complaint is that it struggles to pick up a limp flag from inside 60 yards.
  • Like 1