TESTERS WANTED! ×

Apps: GPS, Scorecard, Approach, Putting, Handicap, Stats

@MWGolf23 I'm not sure what you mean by confirmed. I just looked at mine and can't find anything that says confirmed or not confirmed. The only thing I can find is that my club is compliant. Actually, it may mean that you don't have any scores attested, which can only be done by other members of your Grint club that you've played that round with.

I think you are correct about being arrested. For a handicap to be considered legitimate it must be attested by a playing partner; solo rounds cannot be used for official handicap per USGA rules.

Thanks, gents. Makes sense. I did at least find on the desktop version of the site under stats that it does calculate your handicap attested or not, just not placed on your profile or USGA card. Appreciate the feedback to the get confirmed handicap.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I use an app called Grint for the iphone. It has all the features like GPS, stats, and you get a FREE USGA compliant handicap. It's really surprising more people don't mention this app. Overall a great choice though.

Definitely a second on The Grint here. It is a solid app and a nice clean interface. Also can't complain about free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Callaway XR16

Callaway X2Hot 3Deep

Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids

Cobra Amp Cell 5-GW

Titleist SM6 54 and 58

SeeMore X2 

Definitely a second on The Grint here. It is a solid app and a nice clean interface. Also can't complain about free

I lose the grunt as well. wish they would go back to offering a one time lifetime pro upgrade. I hate subscription based services for software apps!!!!!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I lose the grunt as well. wish they would go back to offering a one time lifetime pro upgrade. I hate subscription based services for software apps!!!!!!!

Yeah I haven't check out the Pro yet. I don't really have a need for that but I am with ya.

Can't stand the subscriptions either.

Callaway XR16

Callaway X2Hot 3Deep

Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids

Cobra Amp Cell 5-GW

Titleist SM6 54 and 58

SeeMore X2 

I really like The Grints stat section, free handicap, and friends aspect. Superior over 18birdies. I think I'll be using The Grint and 18birdies app combined .

I'll be testing both upgraded features with their free trial at the same time maybe starting in about a month hopefully.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I use both Arccos 360 and an excel spreadsheet I build were I can compare a variety of stats to PGA Tour Averages.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I just downloaded it today and uploaded my scores from last year. I really like the stats feature and handicap. Stats feature is comparable to 18birdies and GolfLogix. Was able to see what my USGA handicap would be, but not confirmed. Do you get yours confirmed? How do you go about doing it?

So far from looking at 18birdies, GolfLogix, and The Grint I want to combine key features from each since some either don't offer them or lack:

Ultimate Golf App

• 18birdies: GPS/Caddie club recommendations for each distance (accounts for wind and elevation) feature. You can select the exact club and the distance you hit it typically and then when playing, it gives you recommendations on what club to hit based on the information you inputted.
  • 18birdies/GolfLogix/The Grint: Shot tracking/shape. Haven't tested these yet. 
  • GolfLogix: Approach and Putting green slope maps
  • The Grint: Stats and Handicap Stats (Login to Desktop website)

Still need some more time to think things over and maybe test one this season and then another next. Definitely going to use The Grint free version to at least record my scores (I have my scores in all 3 apps right now).

Still like the idea of the approach and putting slope information to target a certain portion of the green and then knocking in some longer putts.

I think you have to play a minimum number of rounds for the Grint handicap to be good.  I've registered for US Open qualifiers using the grint handicap with no issues.

Part of the issue I have with wanting to try new apps is it seems none have the ability to import rounds from other apps. I want to try something else, but don't want to lose my stats/scores in 18 Birdies.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I've been using the 18 birdes app to keep score and place golf bets between friends. Each round of golf you play you get points and have a chance to win prizes. Which I've won quite allot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

Archived