Our Sponsors

I guess I'm a dinosaur. I still have a subscription with my sky caddie sg5 and use their online app. Once my subscription expires, I'll probably move to one of the previously mentioned apps.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use an app called Grint for the iphone.  It has all the features like GPS, stats, and you get a FREE USGA compliant handicap. It's really surprising more people don't mention this app. Overall a gre

I also have a Neo Ghost GPS that gives me exact yardages to the front, middle and back of the green plus bunkers/hazards. Also can track how far you hit the ball. GPS is very accurate and is nice to a

Thanks, gents. Makes sense. I did at least find on the desktop version of the site under stats that it does calculate your handicap attested or not, just not placed on your profile or USGA card. Appre

Only ads I've noticed is after you enter your score and putts and driving accuracy. None that “pop up”.

Blake

Sorry, I should clarify. I noticed a lot of tips/help pop-ups on how to use the app. Do those ever go away over time? 

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I guess I'm a dinosaur. I still have a subscription with my sky caddie sg5 and use their online app. Once my subscription expires, I'll probably move to one of the previously mentioned apps.

MDGolfHacker

I used an old SkyCaddie until it finally died. No complaints, other than the subscription. But their maps are fantastic. I went to a laser to avoid subscriptions.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Sorry, I should clarify. I noticed a lot of tips/help pop-ups on how to use the app. Do those ever go away over time?

My guess is if it's like any other apps those go away once you get the paid version.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Yes sir. I look at the map on the GPS and it's either spot on or maybe a yard off.

With the figure 8 thing, IIRC I had to do that with maybe my MIL new Pixel 2 when she got it in February.

Good to know. Time to see if I can pick up an S7 for cheap. Thanks!

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I use an app called Grint for the iphone.  It has all the features like GPS, stats, and you get a FREE USGA compliant handicap. It's really surprising more people don't mention this app. Overall a great choice though.

I just downloaded it today and uploaded my scores from last year. I really like the stats feature and handicap. Stats feature is comparable to 18birdies and GolfLogix. Was able to see what my USGA handicap would be, but not confirmed. Do you get yours confirmed? How do you go about doing it?

So far from looking at 18birdies, GolfLogix, and The Grint I want to combine key features from each since some either don't offer them or lack:

Ultimate Golf App

• 18birdies: GPS/Caddie club recommendations for each distance (accounts for wind and elevation) feature. You can select the exact club and the distance you hit it typically and then when playing, it gives you recommendations on what club to hit based on the information you inputted.
  • 18birdies/GolfLogix/The Grint: Shot tracking/shape. Haven't tested these yet. 
  • GolfLogix: Approach and Putting green slope maps
  • The Grint: Stats and Handicap Stats (Login to Desktop website)

Still need some more time to think things over and maybe test one this season and then another next. Definitely going to use The Grint free version to at least record my scores (I have my scores in all 3 apps right now).

Still like the idea of the approach and putting slope information to target a certain portion of the green and then knocking in some longer putts.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")

@MWGolf23 I'm not sure what you mean by confirmed. I just looked at mine and can't find anything that says confirmed or not confirmed. The only thing I can find is that my club is compliant. Actually, it may mean that you don't have any scores attested, which can only be done by other members of your Grint club that you've played that round with.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@MWGolf23 I'm not sure what you mean by confirmed. I just looked at mine and can't find anything that says confirmed or not confirmed. The only thing I can find is that my club is compliant. Actually, it may mean that you don't have any scores attested, which can only be done by other members of your Grint club that you've played that round with.

I think you are correct about being arrested. For a handicap to be considered legitimate it must be attested by a playing partner; solo rounds cannot be used for official handicap per USGA rules.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think you are correct about being arrested. For a handicap to be considered legitimate it must be attested by a playing partner; solo rounds cannot be used for official handicap per USGA rules.

Which is ridiculous, IMHO.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

If he was referring to 18 Birdies, the app will allow you to enter a score any time, but if it is entered somewhat real-time and the GPS location matches the course of the score being entered, it "confirms" the round, not the same as being attested. If you enter your score when you get home, it stays as "unconfirmed" since the app can't verify you were even on a course. IIRC, only "confirmed" rounds factor in to the handicap calculation for that App.

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Thanks, gents. Makes sense. I did at least find on the desktop version of the site under stats that it does calculate your handicap attested or not, just not placed on your profile or USGA card. Appreciate the feedback to the get confirmed handicap.

• Like 2

I use an app called Grint for the iphone. It has all the features like GPS, stats, and you get a FREE USGA compliant handicap. It's really surprising more people don't mention this app. Overall a great choice though.

Definitely a second on The Grint here. It is a solid app and a nice clean interface. Also can't complain about free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Callaway XR16

Callaway X2Hot 3Deep

Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids

Cobra Amp Cell 5-GW

Titleist SM6 54 and 58

SeeMore X2 

Definitely a second on The Grint here. It is a solid app and a nice clean interface. Also can't complain about free

I lose the grunt as well. wish they would go back to offering a one time lifetime pro upgrade. I hate subscription based services for software apps!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I lose the grunt as well. wish they would go back to offering a one time lifetime pro upgrade. I hate subscription based services for software apps!!!!!!!

Yeah I haven't check out the Pro yet. I don't really have a need for that but I am with ya.

Can't stand the subscriptions either.

Callaway XR16

Callaway X2Hot 3Deep

Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4 hybrids

Cobra Amp Cell 5-GW

Titleist SM6 54 and 58

SeeMore X2 

I really like The Grints stat section, free handicap, and friends aspect. Superior over 18birdies. I think I'll be using The Grint and 18birdies app combined .

I'll be testing both upgraded features with their free trial at the same time maybe starting in about a month hopefully.

• Like 1

I use both Arccos 360 and an excel spreadsheet I build were I can compare a variety of stats to PGA Tour Averages.

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I just downloaded it today and uploaded my scores from last year. I really like the stats feature and handicap. Stats feature is comparable to 18birdies and GolfLogix. Was able to see what my USGA handicap would be, but not confirmed. Do you get yours confirmed? How do you go about doing it?

So far from looking at 18birdies, GolfLogix, and The Grint I want to combine key features from each since some either don't offer them or lack:

Ultimate Golf App

• 18birdies: GPS/Caddie club recommendations for each distance (accounts for wind and elevation) feature. You can select the exact club and the distance you hit it typically and then when playing, it gives you recommendations on what club to hit based on the information you inputted.
  • 18birdies/GolfLogix/The Grint: Shot tracking/shape. Haven't tested these yet. 
  • GolfLogix: Approach and Putting green slope maps
  • The Grint: Stats and Handicap Stats (Login to Desktop website)

Still need some more time to think things over and maybe test one this season and then another next. Definitely going to use The Grint free version to at least record my scores (I have my scores in all 3 apps right now).

Still like the idea of the approach and putting slope information to target a certain portion of the green and then knocking in some longer putts.

I think you have to play a minimum number of rounds for the Grint handicap to be good.  I've registered for US Open qualifiers using the grint handicap with no issues.

Part of the issue I have with wanting to try new apps is it seems none have the ability to import rounds from other apps. I want to try something else, but don't want to lose my stats/scores in 18 Birdies.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

I've been using the 18 birdes app to keep score and place golf bets between friends. Each round of golf you play you get points and have a chance to win prizes. Which I've won quite allot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron