Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tons of new Spies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like they come in big bunches. Hopefully they become contributors vs. lurkers.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It's easy to join something and shouldn't be hard to contribute. We'll see who is committed soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I think I got a 100 or so posts this past week welcoming people lol. Most of these people joined due to the cobra challenge and they read the how to get picked thread so they all created intro threads. My guess is less than 5% will stay but I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I got a 100 or so posts this past week welcoming people lol. Most of these people joined due to the cobra challenge and they read the how to get picked thread so they all created intro threads. My guess is less than 5% will stay but I hope I'm wrong

I mentioned it before and I'll say it again.  I wonder how many would be around if you made it a 50 post minimum to be a tester?   :unsure:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm sure picking the contest winners is not easy. I would try to use a good balance of new posters (like myself) and seasoned vets. Maybe 2 winners with 50+ posts and 3 "newbies". The last thing you would want to do is alienate future contributors (and donations?) by picking the same people over and over again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Most of these people joined due to the cobra challenge and they read the how to get picked thread so they all created intro threads. My guess is less than 5% will stay but I hope I'm wrong

Yeah, saw someone posted about the contest in a golf BST page on Facebook. Pretty much told everyone it's as easy as putting your name in the pot and that's it. If they only knew.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

It's a job application. It's tough work to put up a good review. I've only seen a few contests over the past year. The reviews I would not consider a contest.

And they definitely do not pick the same people all the time.

A very fair and balanced approach I'd say.

That's why they have the “GolfSpy” in front of their name, and they're damn good at their jobs.

I'm sure picking the contest winners is not easy. I would try to use a good balance of new posters (like myself) and seasoned vets. Maybe 2 winners with 50+ posts and 3 "newbies". The last thing you would want to do is alienate future contributors (and donations?) by picking the same people over and over again.

They do pick new comers but I will tell you the majority are people that have been here for a while. Main reason is we are here a while and less likely to run after getting the product and not fulfilling the required review. Not saying its impossible because it is possible, if you stick around and post you'll increase your odds of joining the test.

What I would be looking at is that you have been here for a year and a half and have only made 8 post. To me that looks like someone that wouldn't be dedicated enough to write a detailed review. It's not a “contest” either, a contest is something you win and it's over. These are “review commitments” (for a lack of better words)

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

There are plenty of long time contributors here who have yet to be selected for a review. We're nowhere close to picking the same people over and over again.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Sucks for me but probably the best way to do it. Either way I'll be following along all summer to see the results.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I think Tony (and the subsequent staff bumps) lay it out pretty well in this thread:

How Forum Testers Will Be Chosen

At the core, it's quality > quantity

Just because you post a lot, it doesn't mean you'll necessarily get picked. You've got to a] demonstrate writing and photography skills and b] be a good fit for the product. The chosen testers are much more about providing quality content to the readers than anything else.

Aside from the desirables, there's some basic things that you can do to increase your chances and there's some basic things you can do ensure you never get picked. Make sure you know which is which.

.....and they're definitely not just contests

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Think the main thing to being selected is to be a positive poster that is involved.

Oh and a avi pic lol

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

In hindsight, I was definitely "that guy" here: I think my first dozen or so posts were just for the, ahem, "contests."

But eventually, I actually started reading the forums (and not just the front page articles) and found that this is a great place to talk golf with informed, witty, and generally non-obnoxious folk (not to pat us on the back too enthusiastically).

So, over time, I guess I'm a kind of "success story" from the review applications: an increasingly active forum participant drawn in by the prospect of shiny free golf toys that, unbeknownst to me, I had little chance of obtaining :-)

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

In hindsight, I was definitely "that guy" here: I think my first dozen or so posts were just for the, ahem, "contests."

But eventually, I actually started reading the forums (and not just the front page articles) and found that this is a great place to talk golf with informed, witty, and generally non-obnoxious folk (not to pat us on the back too enthusiastically).

So, over time, I guess I'm a kind of "success story" from the review applications: an increasingly active forum participant drawn in by the prospect of shiny free golf toys that, unbeknownst to me, I had little chance of obtaining :-)

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

I was the same way but it only took a month for me to realize that any handicap has an opinion here. I still don't apply for everything that's posted. I will only post of I feel that I can provide the proper time and I think that's another key. Have the time to dedicate to a review. Last year we only had one or two people walk after being picked, which is really good statistically. Even with such a small number that still makes the people picking the testers weary of choosing a new person. Heck I love the fact that we have new people here look at me I was new last year now I'm a forum addict. All because I saw a post about "winning something" then I came and saw it's more than winning it's a way to promote the game by getting someone of any ability to review a club, accessory, or gadget/technology.

I was the same way but it only took a month for me to realize that any handicap has an opinion here. I still don't apply for everything that's posted. I will only post of I feel that I can provide the proper time and I think that's another key. Have the time to dedicate to a review. Last year we only had one or two people walk after being picked, which is really good statistically. Even with such a small number that still makes the people picking the testers weary of choosing a new person. Heck I love the fact that we have new people here look at me I was new last year now I'm a forum addict. All because I saw a post about "winning something" then I came and saw it's more than winning it's a way to promote the game by getting someone of any ability to review a club, accessory, or gadget/technology.

Well said particularly the point that any handicap has (and should have) an opinion.

There are numerous thoughts on lots of golf specifics here and you could go crazy trying to apply all of them. Pick what you want or those would apply to your game and you'll be better for it. I have learned a ton on this site in 14 months that I've been here.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Signed up earlier this year after reading the  site and forum off and on for a few years.  I have not signed up to test anything as I currently do not have the time needed to do a proper review.  Possibly I will have the time in the future and throw my hat in the ring but not right now.  The commitment members show with the reviews and the forum itself is the reason I am here.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I have to do an intro thread to be selected?!?! Heck, I just jumped into the forums and started posting. I guess I'll have to do a belated one. I didn't join for the testing opportunities (although I'd be honored to do it.) I joined because you guys rock!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I have to do an intro thread to be selected?!?! Heck, I just jumped into the forums and started posting. I guess I'll have to do a belated one. I didn't join for the testing opportunities (although I'd be honored to do it.) I joined because you guys rock!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Off to a good start.

Welcome o all the newbies from an old timer........I hope you stick around awhile and contribute to the continuing growth of My Golf Spy.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just can't believe I wasn't on here years ago! I've been pouring through the old posts and there's some great info in them - info I could have used years ago!! HA! 

Looking forward to good conversation and learning a thing or three from you all. 

Joyzee

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

I'm really curious as to the number of new spies we've gained as a result of the Cobra Connect challenge. Have we hit 1K yet? If we could keep 10-20% of those as regular contributors, that'd be phenomenal. The MGS forum has basically taken up all of my social media time... and I'm glad it has! I always feel good after reading some forum posts.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Seems like they come in big bunches. Hopefully they become contributors vs. lurkers.

It's easy to join something and shouldn't be hard to contribute. We'll see who is committed soon enough

Think the main thing to being selected is to be a positive poster that is involved.

Oh and a avi pic lol

I'm really curious as to the number of new spies we've gained as a result of the Cobra Connect challenge. Have we hit 1K yet? If we could keep 10-20% of those as regular contributors, that'd be phenomenal. The MGS forum has basically taken up all of my social media time... and I'm glad it has! I always feel good after reading some forum posts.

I joined after the Cobra marketing thread on twitter. Glad I did as I like forums (talking golf) but some I joined before were full of 'ego's and - I'll just say it - bullying, for want of a better word. Little cliques that ganged up if you had a contrary opinion. MGS seems way better so I hope to be here and contribute.

I think my avatar pic goes nicely with being in My Golf SPY lol

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

With all of the contests it seems very easy to underestimate the time commitment after "winning".  It is easy to be caught up thinking about shinny new clubs and not think about the work it will take to write the reviews, answer questions and in this case post to social media about the experience.  As mentioned by members who have been around longer than me there have been examples of winners that disappear after receiving the free clubs.  I really thought twice about deleting my entry into the Cobra club contest because of the full season commitment but decided not to because of the Arccos twist and how much I like my FlyZ+ driver.    

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

I'm really curious as to the number of new spies we've gained as a result of the Cobra Connect challenge. Have we hit 1K yet?

IIRC, the number of members listed at the bottom the main page was in the 60k (maybe closer to 61k) range before the Cobra thread. Now it's around 62,500. I'm sure one of the mods/staff could give us a firm number. Still, it's a lot of people and it will be nice to see a fraction of them become regular contributors.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

IIRC, the number of members listed at the bottom the main page was in the 60k (maybe closer to 61k) range before the Cobra thread. Now it's around 62,500. I'm sure one of the mods/staff could give us a firm number. Still, it's a lot of people and it will be nice to see a fraction of them become regular contributors.

I also wonder how cyclical it is. Initially I though all of the member intros were more weather related  - st least for those in the northern states, meaning warmer weather coming - more interest in golf.  That would be an interesting statistic as well. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I seem to be more active this time of year through the summer because I am playing more golf and get curious how others are doing. Plus my work load seems to be lighter in the spring. It really picks up in the fall through the holidays.so then I have less time to play and get out of the routine of checking the forums.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pretty good Spy work there

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived