TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tons of new Spies

Joined a couple of month's ago due to a friend recommending the site due to the unbiased reviews and research after he bought a new Evnroll putter. 

For a lot of us, we can't afford to go get fitted and get a brand new driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges etc....  I'm guilty of lurking for the past few months to read and learn a few things, and I'll put my neck on the line saying that I'm not the only new guy that hopes to get his hands on all that sweet new Cobra equipment to test.  I know it is not the priciest equipment out there, but from the new F8 lineup, how much are we talking? $2K?

I got my driver for 95 bucks 4 years ago and that was a steal. woods and hybrid for $35 off of divot.com 4 years ago, $35 for my putter off of ebay, and irons for $250 on ebay as well.  Just took a while to piece it all together.

So damn addicted to golf right now it's not even funny folks.  Have a great Navy Day!!!

Driver: Taylormade SLDR (Cut down to 44)

Woods: Taylormade Jetspeed 3, 5 wood

Hybrid: Taylormade Jetspeed 3H

Irons: Taylormade Sppedblade HL 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland RTX Satin, 54

Putter: Nike Method Core Drone

Dexterity: Left Handed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, I've lurked a fair while but was definitely drawn in by the Cobra challenge. After my main playing partner picked up the F8+ driver and 5w I have been reading a lot of literature around them wherever possible; I was like a moth to a flame..

Seeing a good golf forum is definitely appealing, because as much as I love trawling reddit, there are only so many 'rate my swing' and 'near hole in one' posts I can stomach.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joined a couple of month's ago due to a friend recommending the site due to the unbiased reviews and research after he bought a new Evnroll putter. 

For a lot of us, we can't afford to go get fitted and get a brand new driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges etc....  I'm guilty of lurking for the past few months to read and learn a few things, and I'll put my neck on the line saying that I'm not the only new guy that hopes to get his hands on all that sweet new Cobra equipment to test.  I know it is not the priciest equipment out there, but from the new F8 lineup, how much are we talking? $2K?

I got my driver for 95 bucks 4 years ago and that was a steal. woods and hybrid for $35 off of divot.com 4 years ago, $35 for my putter off of ebay, and irons for $250 on ebay as well.  Just took a while to piece it all together.

So damn addicted to golf right now it's not even funny folks.  Have a great Navy Day!!!

I have to admit, I've lurked a fair while but was definitely drawn in by the Cobra challenge. After my main playing partner picked up the F8+ driver and 5w I have been reading a lot of literature around them wherever possible; I was like a moth to a flame..

Seeing a good golf forum is definitely appealing, because as much as I love trawling reddit, there are only so many 'rate my swing' and 'near hole in one' posts I can stomach.

New members like yourselves who dive right in and contribute are the ones who are noticed come testing time.  Good stuff!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

For a lot of us, we can't afford to go get fitted and get a brand new driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges etc.... I'm guilty of lurking for the past few months to read and learn a few things, and I'll put my neck on the line saying that I'm not the only new guy that hopes to get his hands on all that sweet new Cobra equipment to test. I know it is not the priciest equipment out there, but from the new F8 lineup, how much are we talking? $2K?

I got my driver for 95 bucks 4 years ago and that was a steal. woods and hybrid for $35 off of divot.com 4 years ago, $35 for my putter off of ebay, and irons for $250 on ebay as well. Just took a while to piece it all together.

So damn addicted to golf right now it's not even funny folks. Have a great Navy Day!!!

Participate in discussions, start your own topics, enjoy MGS and good things will come your way. We may all come from various walks of life and different financial levels, but MGS draws us together because of our common love of the game, the need for Unbiased golf equipment information and most of all internet respect to voice opinions and ask questions without ridicule. I consider MGS my second family and I'm sure many here feel that way as well (pretty sure my wife thinks I'm having an affair since I check my phone pretty often now for new posts 😁😂). These testing opportunities are great, but remember there is work to be done when you receive them, even more so with the Cobras as they are a season long test!)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Why not sit back, get a lay of the land. See how things are done. Get involved in threads that will broaden your horizons, you have interest in, or haven't a clue about. Then throw your name in at a chance. Seems like some sort of right of passage could deter the grab and go's from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

IIRC, the number of members listed at the bottom the main page was in the 60k (maybe closer to 61k) range before the Cobra thread. Now it's around 62,500. I'm sure one of the mods/staff could give us a firm number. Still, it's a lot of people and it will be nice to see a fraction of them become regular contributors.

Pretty good Spy work there

Hmmmm... good looking out Max! I was looking at posts in the thread and wondering how many were from existing spies. Next time we'll need to be sure to take a member count right when the contest is announced.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hmmmm... good looking out Max! I was looking at posts in the thread and wondering how many were from existing spies. Next time we'll need to be sure to take a member count right when the contest is announced.

You can filter the members list based on many different criteria..... join date being one of them.

This one's on the house

780 have joined since Cobra Challenge 2 was posted.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Welcome aboard! Speaking of custom fitting... several of our fellow spies are beta testing Adam's new site (TrueGolfFit.com), which should help golfers fit themselves.

https://mygolfspy.com/adam-beach-mygolfspy-truegolffit/

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I will say it is a bit daunting to join such an active community, for fear of ridicule for posts. I had to overcome that in order to get involved, once I did I was amazed at the acceptance here. Genuine advice when you ask and support for new members! Love this place.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Good to see lots of new folks. Hope that a lot of them stick around and contribute to the conversation.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I will say it is a bit daunting to join such an active community, for fear of ridicule for posts. I had to overcome that in order to get involved, once I did I was amazed at the acceptance here. Genuine advice when you ask and support for new members! Love this place.

I think it's the stigma associated with keyboard ninjas. My first post asking questions in the club building section was obvious answered by someone not of the troll variety, so kudos to MGS already!

+1 one on this. I'm a regular poster on the golf subreddit but lurk(ed) here and wrx just as much. Finally decided to make the jump to create an account. Who knows, maybe I'll get picked for the challenge, clearing the budget for more time on the course this year, but if not, I'm happy to actually start contributing here too. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

I may be one of the last remaining people on earth who haven't done reddit.  I started to a few times and then just felt I didn't know where to start, and came back to the friendly and comfortable atmosphere of MyGolfSpy, now Facebook that's a whole different animal.   It's almost embarrassing to see people who you thought were pretty sane rational people express some pretty eye opening statements.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think I got a 100 or so posts this past week welcoming people lol. Most of these people joined due to the cobra challenge and they read the how to get picked thread so they all created intro threads. My guess is less than 5% will stay but I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I joined last week just for that, but I love it so far. Already learned some useful drills and downloaded The Grint which I'd never heard of before. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

+1 one on this. I'm a regular poster on the golf subreddit but lurk(ed) here and wrx just as much. Finally decided to make the jump to create and account. Who knows maybe I'll get picked clearing the budget for more time on the course this year, but if not happy to actually start contributing here too. 

We love to give testing opportunities to new members--and any member who shows a genuine interest in contributing regularly and shows they have intent on sticking around.  What's regularly?  There's honestly no number attached to it, but it's one of those things we know it when we see it.   

So join in, start new treads, contribute to new ones, ask questions, give answers if you know it,--just don't bump old threads from three years ago--that's a joke--just to be clear  :D

I joined last week just for that, but I love it so far. Already learned some useful drills and downloaded The Grint which I'd never heard of before. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!

That's awesome.  if you don't get picked for Cobra, stick around.  I promise you there are many more testings to come over the next few months!!

Thankfully, my 9 to 5 is in the social media field and comes with a wonky schedule, so it affords me plenty of opportunity to pop in and out on most of the major golf forums, vlogs, podcasts, etc. ;) I've always been turned off by the stuffy-ness over on wrx that's a bit too intimidating at times, and reddit refreshes so quick you can never have a decent discussion on a topic before it fizzles out. There seems to be a decent middle ground here which has been helpful when poking around for specific equipment information, so looking forward to poking in here and there when I have something of value to add, especially beyond the equipment-specific topics. 

We love to give testing opportunities to new members--and any member who shows a genuine interest in contributing regularly and shows they have intent on sticking around.  What's regularly?  There's honestly no number attached to it, but it's one of those things we know it when we see it.   

So join in, start new treads, contribute to new ones, ask questions, give answers if you know it,--just don't bump old threads from three years ago--that's a joke--just to be clear  :D

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

HA same as me. I downloaded the app and have been playing around with it too. How do you like it so far?

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

I'm just happy to have all the new people. It took me over half an hour to welcome everyone before work this morning. That was pretty cool.

I don't know why you joined but I'm glad you're here. Stick around and enjoy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The Cobra count is well over 1300! Huge undertaking for the MGS guys just to wade through all that

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Thankfully, my 9 to 5 is in the social media field and comes with a wonky scheduled, so it affords me plenty of opportunity to pop in and out on most of the major golf forums, vlogs, podcasts, etc. ;) I've always been turned off by the stuffy-ness over on wrx that's a bit too intimidating at times, and reddit refreshes so quick you can never have a decent discussion on a topic before it fizzles out. There seems to be a decent middle ground here which has been helpful when poking around for specific equipment information, so looking forward to poking in here and there when I have something of value to add, especially beyond the equipment-specific topics. 

Stick around here TK and you will be happier than a coon in a persimmon tree!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The Cobra count is well over 1300! Huge undertaking for the MGS guys just to wade through all that

#cobracount  :D

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Thankfully, my 9 to 5 is in the social media field and comes with a wonky scheduled, so it affords me plenty of opportunity to pop in and out on most of the major golf forums, vlogs, podcasts, etc. ;) I've always been turned off by the stuffy-ness over on wrx that's a bit too intimidating at times, and reddit refreshes so quick you can never have a decent discussion on a topic before it fizzles out. There seems to be a decent middle ground here which has been helpful when poking around for specific equipment information, so looking forward to poking in here and there when I have something of value to add, especially beyond the equipment-specific topics. 

I know what you mean, and golfmonthly is run by cliques and an old boys/mans club intent on keeping out new blood (or so i percieve and you know what they say about perception) I unfortunately found the Mizuno forum just as bad, the moderators are all buddies and back each other no matter what has been posted- shame really as both these forums could have been so good.

I agree with thatkyle that MGS seems to be a welcome middle ground. Time will tell but I get a good vibe about this place and I'm not usually wrong

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I know what you mean, and golfmonthly is run by cliques and an old boys/mans club intent on keeping out new blood (or so i percieve and you know what they say about perception) I unfortunately found the Mizuno forum just as bad, the moderators are all buddies and back each other no matter what has been posted- shame really as both these forums could have been so good.

I agree with thatkyle that MGS seems to be a welcome middle ground. Time will tell but I get a good vibe about this place and I'm not usually wrong

I spent a little bit of time on the Mizuno forum last year when I was testing the JPX900 Hot Metals.    I asked a couple very legit questions that never got answered but yet, I noticed a lot of the back and forth that you mentioned among the moderators and other members.    I left and didn't go back.

I think in time, you'll see your instincts  about MGS will be proven to be correct.  

HA same as me. I downloaded the app and have been playing around with it too. How do you like it so far?

It's good, just wish it would notify me when people reply to my comments! I had to search for this.

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

It's good, just wish it would notify me when people reply to my comments! I had to search for this.

If you're talking about the MGS app, there is a tab for "Participated" threads that can make it easier to track your responses. The notifications go in waves. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I run both the MGS app and tapatalk (which is where I found MGS in the first place.) Tapatalk does send me notifications if someone likes or quotes my posts. I use tha MGS app for everything else.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Yeah I'm still getting the hang of it. I missed a hel of posts and felt bad lol

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

I joined after the Cobra marketing thread on twitter. Glad I did as I like forums (talking golf) but some I joined before were full of 'ego's and - I'll just say it - bullying, for want of a better word. Little cliques that ganged up if you had a contrary opinion. MGS seems way better so I hope to be here and contribute.

I think my avatar pic goes nicely with being in My Golf SPY lol

Yeah we're more of a big click! :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome to MGS! 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Archived