TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tons of new Spies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm still getting the hang of it. I missed a hel of posts and felt bad lol

It's not hard to miss posts. There are a lot more contributors lately which is a great thing! After all, this is a forum and the best Forum bar none for golf related topics (and some not so golf related topics 😁).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I've been on board for a few weeks now. Absolutely love the information and the community. Great posts on a regular basis and good conversations. Looking forward to putting together some golf outings with my fellow PNWers!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I can add that when I joined it was with the hopes of learning more about equipment and hooking up with fellow spies. That absolutely happened and by chance I was asked if I could review some irons that were ordered 2* up but delivered 2* Flat. We were meeting for a round and it became My lucky day! That was my first review of Cobra irons! I am proud to say they are still my friends.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Have been following more and more closely the past few months and it's crazy how much I thought I knew about golf until I started reading here and seeing things like hot melting face and just overall discovery of how much shafts can play into your game.  

Some of this has caused me to basically redo my bag for this year.  Some of it was actually needed (or so I keep telling myself).  

Certainly would be on board to meet up with fellow spies to play locally as well!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I personally had a good buddy of mine join and he then put me on to it. He was right saying that I'd love the tech/club building side of things as I usually talk his ear off with specs as he pounds the ball down the fairway. Ive tinkered with different shafts, installing adapters and grips and so on in my garage or a few beers. I've followed MGS on Facebook for a while and have read a ton of articles that get posted so it only seemed fitting to join

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I joined 2 years ago, and wasn't sure what I was doing. I started reading reviews and tips and just made me appreciate this site so much more. Plus as a guy that has a hard time playing in front of strangers, getting to know some of you, don't feel like strangers to me.

My hope is that the new Spies stick around and accomplish what I have.

All the best to you all

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

• 2 weeks later...

I may be one of the last remaining people on earth who haven't done reddit.  I started to a few times and then just felt I didn't know where to start, and came back to the friendly and comfortable atmosphere of MyGolfSpy, now Facebook that's a whole different animal.   It's almost embarrassing to see people who you thought were pretty sane rational people express some pretty eye opening statements.  

You're not alone on Reddit.  I, too, have somehow managed not to join.  It reminds me of the dodging traffic scene in Dodgeball.  If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!

I will say it is a bit daunting to join such an active community, for fear of ridicule for posts. I had to overcome that in order to get involved, once I did I was amazed at the acceptance here. Genuine advice when you ask and support for new members! Love this place.

I can empathize with you.  I was hesitant to join last year because I was brand new to the game and felt that I had absolutely NOTHING to add to the forum (and have never been on a forum).  It didn't take me long after I posted my intro post to find out I found a great spot to land.  This community is second to none and is one of the few bright places on the internet.  

It's good, just wish it would notify me when people reply to my comments! I had to search for this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I did the same thing, so I ended up using the full web browser on my phone to check my notifications.  Then it took me another 6 months to realize that the word "quoted" in the notification is a hyperlink that would take me directly to comment(s) or posts in the thread that correlated with the conversation that I was directly a part of.

I joined 2 years ago, and wasn't sure what I was doing. I started reading reviews and tips and just made me appreciate this site so much more. Plus as a guy that has a hard time playing in front of strangers, getting to know some of you, don't feel like strangers to me.

My hope is that the new Spies stick around and accomplish what I have.

All the best to you all

I second all of this!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

You're not alone on Reddit. I, too, have somehow managed not to join. It reminds me of the dodging traffic scene in Dodgeball. If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!

I can empathize with you. I was hesitant to join last year because I was brand new to the game and felt that I had absolutely NOTHING to add to the forum (and have never been on a forum). It didn't take me long after I posted my intro post to find out I found a great spot to land. This community is second to none and is one of the few bright places on the internet.

I did the same thing, so I ended up using the full web browser on my phone to check my notifications. Then it took me another 6 months to realize that the word "quoted" in the notification is a hyperlink that would take me directly to comment(s) or posts in the thread that correlated with the conversation that I was directly a part of.

I second all of this!

Josmi and Heath....I'm really glad you guys took the chance and jumped in. You're both valued and good contributors to the site.

Thanks for jumping in, it's newer (at the time) members like you guys that keep the site growing.

Thsnks!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It does take a bit to jump out and begin contributing, particularly to a community that is so well established and has the wealth of knowledge that this one does. I plan on documenting my journey on getting a bag put back together over the next year and all the testing/fitting that will be involved in it. During my first run with golf, this was the biggest hurdle to defeat...where to start with fitting. I hope that by sharing my experiences others can learn from my previous mistakes. 

I've been around for a while, and am not going anywhere anytime soon.  :D Just have to talk more.

-PM

-PM

The Rebuilding Bag

Driver: PING G30 9 degree (Tour 60 Stiff) 44â€

Irons: 4-PW Titleist CB 714 (KBS Tour Stiff)

Wedge: 56 degree Callaway Mack Daddy 3 PM grind (KBS Tour wedge)

Putter: Odyssey Works 1 32â€

It does take a bit to jump out and begin contributing, particularly to a community that is so well established and has the wealth of knowledge that this one does. I plan on documenting my journey on getting a bag put back together over the next year and all the testing/fitting that will be involved in it. During my first run with golf, this was the biggest hurdle to defeat...where to start with fitting. I hope that by sharing my experiences others can learn from my previous mistakes. 

I've been around for a while, and am not going anywhere anytime soon.  :D Just have to talk more.

-PM

You did just fine PapaMike!   Now git to work  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've been around for a while, and am not going anywhere anytime soon. :D Just have to talk more.

-PM

It definitely does take a bit to jump out there. I didn't have much to say for a while, because, honestly, I didn't figure anyone would much care what I had to say. Then I figured it was their tough luck, they're going to hear it anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

It definitely does take a bit to jump out there. I didn't have much to say for a while, because, honestly, I didn't figure anyone would much care what I had to say. Then I figured it was their tough luck, they're going to hear it anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good for you. I think everyone brings value to this forum.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Have to admit this is my go to forum now- sorry, looks like you're stuck with me. ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Archived