The 2018 Most Wanted Driver is...

Berg Ryman

I just got fitted into a G400. I went into the fitting to find the right shaft for my epic and came away with a new driver. The numbers were way better with the ping. We will see if it's worth it. My ball speed was up 5 mph and spin around 2400.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Amazing! Great review and article all round. Ping FTW.

As you can see from my bag, I'm kind of a Taylormade guy…. But, I went to the Vancouver Golf Show a couple months back and my buddy insisted I try the G400 LST. I was only hitting into a net with no digital tracking involved, but it felt smooth as a babies ass. Easy to look at and the ball just rocketed off the face. It instantly had my attention.

They also had the G400 Max for the long drive comp. Got to smack a few bombs with that also. All round this new series of Ping drivers is pretty damn tasty.

I tried the M3 at the show also, and while I hit some solid shots, I just didn't have the same feel that the LST gave me.

Next time I was at the range, I got the young fella behind the desk to hook me up with a “test drive” of the LST.

BEAST. I connected with a couple of absolute screamers that cleared the back fence. I had to go give it back… IMMEDIATELY… haha!! I can't afford it right now but if I could, I would seriously consider getting it in the bag!! There's a fitting day coming up in May so I may just cruise on down and check it out

Don't tell the missus!!

• Like 1

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Good comment.. I have a negative AOA, so I am one of those slower swing players that needs to lower spin.. But it is also worth noting that just because a driver is touted as "low spin" doesn't mean that will be the case for all people. In my fitting, I saw lower spin with the M4 and my current 2016 M2 than I did with either the M3 or Rogue Sub Zero (all tested in the same shaft). So many variables to take into consideration... 

Agreed. I had a fitting a month ago and for about 1 1/2 hours I hit the Rogue, Rogue SubZero, M3, M4, F8, F8+, ST-180, G400, and G400LS.

I'm a high spin hitter also, so the numbers were different between the higher spin and lower spin models but pretty close within each separate category. So we ditched the high spinners.

Then we started to tinker with the settings and lofts of the SubZero, M3, F8+, and the G400LS. I hit each of the clubs the best in their lowest spin category, but when we cranked the F8+ down to 8.5 degrees, however, I immediately gained 6 yards carry on the rest.  We tried every driver in every loft 10.5 and below. I will say the G400LS at 9.5 was the next best for my swing, and I liked it quite a bit. Ended up getting the regular G400 for 3W, in fact.

Honestly, though, after swinging them all, I would have been happy with any of the lower spin drivers. To me, they all felt really good, and I think the difference in the numbers would probably decrease if you had the time and inclination to really dial them all in individually.

• Like 5

:cobra-small: F8+ / Fujikura Pro 2.0

:ping-small: G400 3-Wood / Fujikura Pro 2.0

:cobra-small: F8 Hybrid / Fujikura Pro 2.0

:callaway-small: Rogue 4-PW / Nippon 850GH

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 50, 54, 58 / Nippon 850GH

:taylormade-small: Spider

Thanks guys, lots of data to go through.

:ping-small:  Driver G425 Max 9*
:ping-small:   3 wood G425 Max

:taylormade-small: SIM2  4i / AW graphite 

:titelist-small: SM8  54S 58M                          

:taylormade-small: FCG SB 

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

I'm liking the fact that the Mizuno ST180 was in the mix because I like my JPX-EZ so much and very happy that Ping rose to the top.

I'm sure there's going to be some butt hurt with some of the OEM's.

love my JPX-EZ as well, gonna have to try and get my hands on a ST-180  :D

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

I know this isn't the place but you guys will appreciate that I went into our brand new Dicks for the first time today. I wanted to eye ball some Super GI irons.

First up there was a guy talking to a salesman about irons. His are ten years old and his buddies are hitting two less clubs. I looked at him, with my collar on and said, “It's because their 7 irons have a similar loft and shaft length to the 5 iron we played as kids.”

He dropped a grand on a new set of Pings. I also talked to a guy who is in a Quad 7 about new drivers. But I told him to bring his gamer before he tries new ones out.

Long live MGS!

Rev spreading the gospel!!

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I know this isn't the place but you guys will appreciate that I went into our brand new Dicks for the first time today. I wanted to eye ball some Super GI irons.

First up there was a guy talking to a salesman about irons. His are ten years old and his buddies are hitting two less clubs. I looked at him, with my collar on and said, “It's because their 7 irons have a similar loft and shaft length to the 5 iron we played as kids.”

He dropped a grand on a new set of Pings. I also talked to a guy who is in a Quad 7 about new drivers. But I told him to bring his gamer before he tries new ones out.

Long live MGS!

Loft jacking... ! [emoji16]

• Like 2

Little surprised to see the LST version take top honors, but not surprised at all to see a G400 variant on top. I absolutely love mine and it was a huge step up from what I had been gaming. Really tight numbers between all of the drivers though so looking forward to seeing the swing speed breakdowns.

• Like 1

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Little surprised to see the LST version take top honors, but not surprised at all to see a G400 variant on top. I absolutely love mine and it was a huge step up from what I had been gaming. Really tight numbers between all of the drivers though so looking forward to seeing the swing speed breakdowns.

Yea the swing speed stats will be cool to view.  Can't wait!

I have been lofting up the last few years because it helps me hit those high thundering drives.  Yea right  ;) ....  Seriously I'm looking forward to hitting a few of the low spin puppies soon to see how I fare with them.  I have a fitting at Club Champion and one of the primary reason I have waited this long is for the MGS test results.  Now I can schedule and try some of these drivers for myself. 

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

Yea the swing speed stats will be cool to view. Can't wait!

I have been lofting up the last few years because it helps me hit those high thundering drives. Yea right ;) .... Seriously I'm looking forward to hitting a few of the low spin puppies soon to see how I fare with them. I have a fitting at Club Champion and one of the primary reason I have waited this long is for the MGS test results. Now I can schedule and try some of these drivers for myself.

Time to finally take that fitting Ole Gray!!

• Like 1

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Time to finally take that fitting Ole Gray!!

Sent my email in tonight to schedule my gig.   I should know something tomorrow so let's get this party started!

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

I for one will say this driver and the M3 did not agree with me in my fitting. I think it shows it's important to get fit but man are these reviews and the data are great for the consumer. Nice job MGS.

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Callaway Steelhead Plus 4 wood

Hybrid: 18* 2 & 22* 4 Sub 70 949

Irons:  Sub 70 

639 CB 5 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Handicap index:  +2.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My friend did a fitting with one of these and absolutely loved it. I knew this club would be special when I read Tony's review on it. He's a great writer and you could feel his excitement about these clubs and the way they performed. Great work all around MGS!

• Like 1

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

white_header_1801.jpg

g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r1_c1.jpg

g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r2_c1.jpg

g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r3_c1.jpg

g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r4_c1.jpg

In my inbox yesterday!!

Did not take long for Ping, to get the advertising out with the MGS attached.

• Like 3

:ping-small:  Driver G425 Max 9*
:ping-small:   3 wood G425 Max

:taylormade-small: SIM2  4i / AW graphite 

:titelist-small: SM8  54S 58M                          

:taylormade-small: FCG SB 

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

white_header_1801.jpgg400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r1_c1.jpg g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r2_c1.jpg g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r3_c1.jpg g400-lst_mygolfspy_1803_r4_c1.jpg

In my inbox yesterday!!

So, where do I buy the ping driver with a laser shooting out of it?? 😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

So, where do I buy the ping driver with a laser shooting out of it??

MDGolfHacker

Probably the same place you can get a Mercedes Benz with the lighted star in the grill shown in the commercials.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”