Sign in to follow this  
Golfspy_CG2

Lots of Good Stuff Going on Around Here...Thanks to Everyone!

Just browsing through the forums today and it's hard to miss how many awesome things are going on right now with MGS.

Just on the first page of New Content (which I can't seem to hardly ever make it past) we have such great topics as

• Most Wanted Driver Results
  • Cobra Connect Challenge-Full Bag Edition
  • Wilson Staff Spy Slam Masters contest for a custom set of Wilson irons of your choice
  • Sneek Peak at the new Hogan Edge Irons and Equalizer Wedges
  • Fantasy Golf Going On
  • New Members by the boatload introducing themselves

And overall just a lot of great golf conversations going on in a friendly, helpful manner with no drama or BS.  This is fully due to the phenomenal membership here. Thanks to all you for making it such a great place, and for letting me hang out with ya'll

Oh and stay tuned, if we haven't said it recently, testing season is just getting ramped up and the opportunities are going to be incredible.   If you're new and have any questions about that, feel free to ask anyone here, they'll be glad to help.   And it this thread will tell you most everything you need to know.  

Note: The thread was started 4 years ago, but GolfSpy_Meyer posted an update to it on post 178, so starting there is not a bad thing.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9910-how-forum-testers-will-be-chosen-do-not-apply-within/page-12?hl=%20want%20%20to%20%20be%20%20tester

Right with ya Boss! No drama and no BS! I love the forums and enjoy the heck out of the website. All the new members lately is a truly awesome thing and I hope they keep coming for all the right reasons and not just for the ":free" stuff or give-aways. This is going to be a great year for golf overall and MGS leads it from the front. 

• Like 1

Lots of good stuff going on for sure.

An..Ti...Ci...Pa..Tion!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rofflebears8

• By tjmFGG
      Interesting contest/sweepstakes on Twitter HERE or via this blog post HERE (for the non-tweeters) where you can enter a weekly Golf sweepstakes by picking the winner of that week's PGA Tourney.
      Enter by naming you you think will win the Honda Classic winner by 2/28/19 on Twitter HERE or via THIS blog post HERE for a great chance to win a fun golf prize!

• By Golfspy_CG2
      While at the PGA Show I had the opportunity to stop by the Under Armour Golf booth and check out all the latest in it's line of apparel, shoes and accessories.   I made off with these two cool pair of shades that we are giving away to two lucky forum members.   To be eligible, you have to be a forum member.   Then it's a simple as posting below which model you would prefer.  
      1) Big Shot Tuned Golf ideal for wearing on the course during play 
      2) Glimpse Tuned Recovery, designed to help your eyes de-stress after the round and return to a natural state,
      Both can be used on the course and the Big Shot Golf Tuned is one of the few golf sunglasses that are officially rated safe for driving a vehicle. 
      So tell us below which one you would choose to win and Good Luck!!
      Entries will be closed on Sunday February 3rd at 11:59 PM EST   The two winners will be announced in this thread by Tuesday February 5, 2019. 

Thanks everyone for the great response to this giveaway.   
      Congratulations to our two winners:  Please send me a PM with your mailing address.
      Tuned Golf-PETERPC2828
      Tuned Recovery-PULLEDABILL 

• By GolfSpy MPR
      It's time for a MyGolfSpy Super Bowl pick'em contest!
      Like our contest for The Match, we're setting up some props for you to pick for Sunday's Rams vs. Patriots championship game. For each prop, complete the poll to pick the side you think will happen.
      NOTE THIS CAREFULLY: For a tie break, post in this thread the total points (both teams combined) that will be scored in the game. Submissions without a tie break will be given lowest priority in the event of a tie.
      And there are PRIZES!
      A MyGolfSpy putter cover (either mallet or blade) A MyGolfSpy bag tag A MyGolfSpy divot tool We'll be closing this contest at 6:00pm Eastern Time on Sunday. Good luck to all, and winners will be announced next week!
      We had 261 entries in the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet challenge. Some of the props resulted in landslide wins: only 9 of you thought there would be a safety; the other 252 of us were glad you were wrong. Some were pretty close to 50/50. Oddly, the total yardage prop (51.92% for the Patriots to 48.08% for the Rams) was closer to 50/50 than the actual 50/50 bet on the board (the coin toss, with 52.31% going heads and 47.69% tails).
      As for the tie break: everyone was (shocking) way over. The closest there was @Herb, at 29.
      The distribution was almost a bell curve; it skewed high because of a couple that most people got right:

On one extreme was an entry that got a single prop correct. I don't want to single him out, but he and I were fellow reviewers on the G700 irons. 🙂
      Among the staff, @GolfSpy MBP had the most impressive performance, nailing 9 out of ten. He doesn't get a prize for two reasons: he's ineligible, and he picked a combined score of 327, which was only off by 311 points. (Also, I would rather have watched that game.)
      Rounding out the staff results:
      @GolfSpy STUDque: 8 @GolfSpy Barbajo and @GolfSpy Dave: 7 (and they both picked 49 points, for a total tie, or collusion) @GolfSpy MPR: 5 <sniffle> There were nine contestants who picked 9 out of 10 correctly. Unfortunately, only three of the nine (counting MBP) followed the instructions (left above in this post for the record) to add your total score prediction as a tie break. Honorable mentions, then, to he guys who nailed the predictions but didn't nail the instructions:
      @2talltodd @banny @deg430 @jody @marvimus @mtashiro That leaves three (how convenient!). In third place, picking 9 of 10 correctly and predicting 52 points scored was @Kduncan55! To him goes the MyGolfSpy divot tool!
      In second place, also getting 9 right but picking the still grossly inflated, but closer to the (boring) reality 44 points, is @golfer71909! We'll get a bag tag headed that way!
      And the winner of the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet contest is: @jscarborough55! He defied the odds and picked all 10 correctly. Being the only one who did so, it doesn't matter that he expected a wildly optimistic 45 points in the game. For his victory, he gets his choice of the MyGolfSpy mallet or blade headcovers!
      Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all for playing!
    • By ConnorStephenson
      I am 17 years old and am going to be competing at the collegiate level after high school. I am looking at getting some new irons soon. I swing the club decently fast and hit the ball plenty far enough. Any suggestions??
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      One of the areas we are going to strive to bring more information to the forum in the new year will be news from all the tours, both equipment news and anything else that we think is interesting or noteworthy.
      But since most of us are here because we are equipment nerds, we'll try and focus on that mainly.   And I want to bring you more than just a simple WITB posting after a tour event, sure we have have that as well, but the goal is to go a bit deeper and provide more info than you'd normally see.    As such, we've reached out to all the OEM's to supply us with any tour news they have on a regular basis.    
      In full disclose for simplicity sake many times, it will be just publishing a press release they have sent out.    Some OEM's may be better at this than others, so we just want to make it understood, it's not favoring any particular company but just an effort to provide the forum with as much info as you care to see from each company on it's equipment news/counts for the week.
      So with the PGA Tour on break until January, we have some info from the European and Japan Tours provided by Titleist.    Quite honestly, I found some of this info surprising as well as interesting.   I always knew they dominated the ball market on tour, but the numbers are pretty eye opening, as well as it's performance in the club counts as well.
      Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on this an all other info we post here going forward.  I know most of us that are avid golfers don't necessarily make our club/ball purchasing decisions based on tour usage, but if nothing else,  it'll make for some good conversation. 
      edit: Sorry for the PDF I couldn't get it to save as a Pic for some reason.

Titleist Tour Counts Week of Nov 25.txt

Adding another count chart.  I found two things interesting on this one.  
      2018COUNTS.pdf
      1) On the PGA Tour Bridgestone has only 3% of the ball share, but yet had 13% of PGA Tour wins on the season.  I guess you could call that the Bryson effect with a little help from Tiger. 
      2) Also the Australasian Tour Titleist had 100% of the wins.  There was some presences from the other companies in play, but all 13 victories went to Titleist.  
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!