Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

FAKE/incorrect handicaps

OHIOgolf

If it's not a tournament / money match, I don't care. If it is, I'll say something.

If someone wants to deflate their handicap, let them.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So what about apps like Swing x Swing? They show a handicap, how can I be sure its calculated correct

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So what about apps like Swing x Swing? They show a handicap, how can I be sure its calculated correct

The application description should indicate if it is an official handicap. The formula isn't that hard so it should be pretty close to being correct. If you don't trust the calculation you can do the math yourself and see what you get. . Based on how I play sometimes I often think mine is too low.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So golf spies what would you do if you saw someone fixing/improving their lie in season?

Depends on if it's just casual play or tournament. If it's the latter you definitely have to call the player on it. Otherwise I just make a mental note that the individual doesn't play by the 'rules'. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You do have to watch for this.  I use 18 Birdies to score my rounds and for the GPS, and Diablo Golf for my actual handicap.  18 Birdies will track your handicap, and it was off from my Diablo handicap by almost 13 strokes.  It took me a while to do some calculations, but I finally discovered that 18 Birdies had the incorrect rating/slope for the course that I play most (which has a very similar name to a much more difficult course about an hour away), which was causing the handicap calculation they do to be incorrect.  I contacted them, and they had me email a picture of the scorecard.  They were very responsive and wanted to get it right, but it was definitely something that I'm watching for from now on.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

So golf spies what would you do if you saw someone fixing/improving their lie in season?

If we aren't competing I could care less what someone else does

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

We actually state no touching on the first tee of our regular game. It's understood with our group your not moving the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

If we aren't competing I could care less what someone else does

I'm with that. In fact, in the small group I play with, I'm the only one who pays any attention to handicap. I've been known to encourage the others to position their golf balls so they have a better lie on occasion. I just want them to have fun and feel good about their rounds. Won't be any fun for me if they get frustrated and stop playing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I'm with that. In fact, in the small group I play with, I'm the only one who pays any attention to handicap. I've been known to encourage the others to position their golf balls so they have a better lie on occasion. I just want them to have fun and feel good about their rounds. Won't be any fun for me if they get frustrated and stop playing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same here. I play with my brother and cousin periodically and it's usually just fun rounds do drops aren't exactly by the rules and we are out there to have a good time, play a game we enjoy.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

This is my first handicap in the computerized world. Started at a 12 then 12.2 after another update. Thos morning Im a 10.2. My goal is to get into single digits by end of summer whuch is very attainable. I post everything as I compete against myself but I also have a league I play. I could not post my 70s rounds and maintain a 12 easily Im sure. For me its a challenge for me and not to gain a couple bucks or a trophy. I play with a guy who only posts certain scores in order to cash a few bucks. Wrong IMO but not my business I suppose if I have no money on the line.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I play the ball down and feel like my handicap (after 3 months of playing) is fairly accurate.  However, my father (who just plays for fun) on the other hand believes you only have yourself to blame if you have a bad lie.  lol.  Generally, it is usually agreed to and announced on the first tee what the rules are for the round. 

Driver:  Titleist, TS2 10.5* regular, Tensei AV Series,Blue 55

3 Wood: Cobra 3-4 Wood Stiff shaft

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: S2 21* stiff

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: R7 16* stiff

Irons:    Ping G's 5-PW AWT 2.0 regular flex

AW:       Calloway MD4 50*

SW:      Mizuno 54* Blue Ion, 8* of bounce 

LW:      :titelist-small: 6000S 60*

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Red Ball

Ball:      :titelist-small: AVX

This is my first handicap in the computerized world. Started at a 12 then 12.2 after another update. Thos morning Im a 10.2. My goal is to get into single digits by end of summer whuch is very attainable. I post everything as I compete against myself but I also have a league I play. I could not post my 70s rounds and maintain a 12 easily Im sure. For me its a challenge for me and not to gain a couple bucks or a trophy. I play with a guy who only posts certain scores in order to cash a few bucks. Wrong IMO but not my business I suppose if I have no money on the line.

Remember starting this season you can no longer enter rounds of golf for handicap When you play by yourself

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Your local public course most likely provides handicap services. You can also join a club without real estate and turn all your scores in online.

Is The Grint's handicap legit USGA?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Yes well Grints is legit only if the club you belong to has a chairperson who has passed all the qualifications and there are other rules as well. The best way is just ask the pro shop of the course you play most often and join up that way. We will always encounter people that cheat but in the end it's about you and your integrity. If you play a tournament you will see people that play better than their handicap. Some people purposely drive their handicap up before a tournament to give themselves more strokes. Some players don't even know the rules.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I like the interclub way for setting up caps, they use the lowest index over the last 12 month period. I am at 5.7 right now, but in the match on Saturday it is based on my lowest index of 4.3 for the last 12 months. It's really hard to “sandbag” with this type of system. Although it does happen, but it is difficult

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I didn't read the whole thread but I remember looking into an "official" handicap calculator and there was no free one available.  Is there one available that keeps and maintains your scores?   I use the one that comes with my GPS app and it seems pretty reasonable.  GolfLogix last few years and now MyRoundPro for now. 

I like the interclub way for setting up caps, they use the lowest index over the last 12 month period. I am at 5.7 right now, but in the match on Saturday it is based on my lowest index of 4.3 for the last 12 months. It's really hard to “sandbag” with this type of system. Although it does happen, but it is difficult

I also play in a league that does this. It tends to penalize someone who finished off the previous season hot but hasn't had their game round into shape yet. Seems to be the best solution out there to avoid sandbaggers

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I didn't read the whole thread but I remember looking into an "official" handicap calculator and there was no free one available. Is there one available that keeps and maintains your scores? I use the one that comes with my GPS app and it seems pretty reasonable. GolfLogix last few years and now MyRoundPro for now.

The Grint app will allow you to maintain an official handicap. The have local clubs that you join to allow for the official handicap.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That's a downside of GHIN here in the north. Active season begins April 1 and its all mush and cold and no roll and barely resembles anything called golf. There's always an early season spike, I went from 6.5 to 7.2 so far, but I'm still shooting the same average so that will fall back down as it dries up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

A few moons ago I played in a weeknight league.  I was a young chap who was striving for a lower and lower HDCP.  I would get paired up with the top guy from the other team each week.  We would both be in the 11-12 range if I recall.  I was amazed at how these guys could manage a 37 every single week in league play.  I can't say I enjoyed getting walloped each week by a guy three times my age with a bloated handicap who could pull of a 1 in 20,000 round every week.

I am not in a league now so I just use the handicap calculated by GolfShot.  That works just fine for me having to pay out because I have the 3-putt chip at the end of the round. :angry:

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I like to keep my Handicap so I have a basis for my game

Progression. I know my progression based on my scores and how I play to earlier points, diff courses present varying difficulties.

Example: I had the best round of my life (89) and on my revision went from a 24 to a 19.4

I then had 102, 110, 114 rounds and my next revision was 22.

I recently broke 100 for 4 consecutive times and my revision today put me down to 20.3.

It should ebb and flow with your progression and the courses/difficulties you play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Archived