Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Allergy Thread!

gaussman1

Who else sneezes their way into Spring every year? For those of us that love to chase the little white ball allergy season is a special kind of hell. I take Allegra every day and hope for the best. The type-Ds definitely dry me out but it's hard to control the short game with that much stimulant so I stay away from the decongestants. Anyone have a magic formula out there?

tenor.gif

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I've tried everything out there. I don't think there's anything that will keep me from having the itchy watery eyes sneezing and congestion. I've just learned to deal with it over the years. Having an outside job kinda helps me ease into the allergy season a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Dreading this. My wife has been suffering from severe allergies since we moved back “home” to Michigan. It started almost instantly l, caused pneumonia, asthma and other junk.

I think moving to the desert will do the trick for her. Nice dry, temperate climate. Plus, it will work well for me too.

I pretty much OD on nasal spray/regular Allegra and just tolerate the sneezing - but it's my eye allergies that get me the worst, especially when grass is at its peak around early June. I have to wear sunglasses the entire round and avoid any chance of even touching my eyes or else it's game over for my contacts and have to switch to glasses to finish the round.

A few years back, my doc prescribed some insane eye drops that did help but with an insane price tag and side effects risks that were the equivalent of putting acid in my eye. In the end I decided they were just not worth the risk.  

Now, I just make it a point to play pretty much only at twilight when the pollen count is a bit lower during those few weeks. Thankfully that only lasts until around U.S. Open weekend then I'm in the clear. One tip, make sure you shower asap after a round if you can to get all the pollen off you, I've found that helps a ton. I'll also wash my face at the turn whenever the opportunity presents too. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Allergy-wise I'm miserable year-round, but Spring is the worst (tree pollens), followed by Fall (leaf mold). You don't want to take the time to read through everything I've tried/been through.  :wacko:  I currently take fluticasone spray (Flonase) and Zyrtec every day. Add azelastine spray (Asterpro) on bad days. On bad days with my eyes (which is basically every day working in the yard) I use Alaway drops (same as Zaditor, but much cheaper).

Last September I had nasal surgery (septoplasty and turbinate reduction), and while I still have congestion, I breathe a lot easier overall. That worked more than all the medications combined.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I can usually tolerate the snots and sneezes, but the itchy eyes really drive me crazy. I usually start taking zyrtec (pill), flonase (nasal spray), and alaway (eye drops) in early April to prepare myself. Alaway works pretty well for my eyes but you are not supposed to use it with contacts in. Occasionally things get so brutal I do it anyway, by try to avoid as much as I can.

About 15 years ago, I went through the process of allergy desensitization and it worked wonders - I got to the point where I had no symptoms and never took medication. Due to my work schedule, I could not get to my monthly "booster" shots. I was still fine until about 4 years ago and they have slowly gotten worse again. It's a huge commitment to do the shots and I understand my results were not typical, but I will likely try to start again since I now have a much more flexible job. It will depend on how things go this spring.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I've had a awful hay fever season here. It normally only lasts a couple of months for me, but this year has gone all the way through from October to now. I've been suffering from sinusitis mildly for months with regular bad flare ups.

I've been a bit slack on managing it, steroidal nasal spray seems to work, hay fever tablets not so much.

A few years ago I had a Depo-Medrol (steroid) subcutaneous injection at the start of the season, and it worked perfectly. It's supposedly a bit hit and miss, but if it works it works really well.

Currently on ABs, Prednisolone and following up with steroid spray to get rid of my current flare up. Hoping it works because surgery is not something I want to do.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

For any of you that haven't already, try Xyzal....I was taking Claritin every day but switched to this stuff and it really seems to help

Thats what I've been on for a while now. Got 6 pills left and it's on to something new. I've learned to switch it up every 6-8 months. Taking the same thing forever will eventually lose its effect, or at least it does for me.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Who else sneezes their way into Spring every year? For those of us that love to chase the little white ball allergy season is a special kind of hell. I take Allegra every day and hope for the best. The type-Ds definitely dry me out but it's hard to control the short game with that much stimulant so I stay away from the decongestants. Anyone have a magic formula out there?

attachicon.giftenor.gif

I understand your pain. I live in Oklahoma one of the worst allergy places on earth. It took 8 years of allergy shots just to be able to regulate my symptoms. Here is what I do: Flonase every night in both nostrils followed by Zyrtec ( at night in case it makes you drowsy) this is the best method I have come across. Flonase is over the counter and I have been using Costco brand since they came out with it. The Walmart/target brand Zyrtec works well too. This method has had the best results for me so I hope it can help you too!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Trying to figure out other allergies right now... Ones causing issues in my gut!!! Sucks.

I have been on allergy shots for the hay fever, molds/mildews, ragweed, and for ALL trees for the last couple years. This VERY “green pollen-filled” Spring has seen a decrease in the itchy/red eyes, break-outs, etc. Seem to be working! I still take an Allegra each day as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Here in the south we are ramping up for the major allergy season. The best thing to do is to take something everyday. I don't get the allergies horribly bad, but I do need to take something every day. Usually just OTC once a day poll does the trick. Unless I forget to take them, then it gets tough.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Move to Hawaii I moved from there to NJ and my third year here I started getting allergies during the spring; itchy eyes and sneezing is the worst. I tried all the different kinds of medications and accupuncture, but nothing worked. I tried Flonase last spring and it worked better...I hate Spring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Move to Hawaii I moved from there to NJ and my third year here I started getting allergies during the spring; itchy eyes and sneezing is the worst. I tried all the different kinds of medications and accupuncture, but nothing worked. I tried Flonase last spring and it worked better...I hate Spring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hawaii is full no more new people allowed! Jokes aside, if the allergies are killing you up there, the vog here isn't going to be much better, and that's year round.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Xyzal is your best bet! It is commonly known that Zyrtec was the fastest acting & most powerful 2nd gen antihistamine on the market, but it had somnolence side effects that made some people pretty sleepy. Xyzal is a derivative of Zyrtec designed to provide all the effectiveness of Zyrtec with less side effects. If you have congestion as a major problem try Zyrtec-D in the morning and Xyzal before bed, great combo. If you have trouble sleeping Benadryl is a better nighttime med & is the best for itching!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Here in the south we are ramping up for the major allergy season. The best thing to do is to take something everyday. I don't get the allergies horribly bad, but I do need to take something every day. Usually just OTC once a day poll does the trick. Unless I forget to take them, then it gets tough.

This^^^^^^^. Getting out in front of it early before the season starts can help mitigate symptoms.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I take more allergy meds than Carter has liver pills....old joke.

I take Zyrtec and Claritin once a day plus Flonase.

When the allergies start getting out of control, I double up 9n the Zyrtec and do the Flonase every 4 hours. This usually stops the misery.

I gave myself allergy shots twice a week for over 12 years.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I take more allergy meds than Carter has liver pills....old joke.

I take Zyrtec and Claritin once a day plus Flonase.

When the allergies start getting out of control, I double up 9n the Zyrtec and do the Flonase every 4 hours. This usually stops the misery.

I gave myself allergy shots twice a week for over 12 years.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yep the good ol Carter has liver pill quote .

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've had allergies/hay fever forever. Taken everything mankind has made. I'm sure I've singlehanded kept stock prices in Pharmaceutical Companies high.

Right now a mix of Flonase and Loratadine (sp?) and working OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 18 today... sneezed so long and hard my shoulders, triceps, and back aches for minutes afterward. I hate pollen season!

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

Played 18 today... sneezed so long and hard my shoulders, triceps, and back aches for minutes afterward. I hate pollen season!

Those sneezes suck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived