TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are you stubborn, too?

00sportsman

I got to thinking earlier today about my huge handicap and how I could manage to lower it. Obviously lessons and practice would help, but there's one thing I could stop doing that I know would shave 6-7 strokes (maybe even more) off almost every round I play.

I could stop being stubborn.

I'm constantly trying to hit the "right" shot, not trying to score. I played this past weekend with a buddy who pulled his putter out of the bag several times when he was a good distance off the green. Everything is super dry, the ground is hard, the grass is burnt. I swear he putted from 50 yards successfully. He's thinking about scoring.

I would have pulled a wedge, skulled it across the green into a bunker, had to pull off a bunker shot on sand as hard as concrete, taken a second bunker shot because the wedge bounced on the concrete and thinned the ball. And on it goes, all because I want to make myself hit that wedge from the fairway. I can't even bring myself to pitch and run with a seven iron from there, because I'm going to hit that darned wedge.

So I have a personality fault, and it costs me a ton of shots every round. Anybody else struggle with something like this? I'm really curious if anyone else has similar issues.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I do this a lot off the tee and around the green, like you mentioned.

I know I should probably use my 3W off the tee and hit the fairway, but I typically always reach for my driver and mistakes happen.

I know sometimes I can putt when I'm just off the green or use a 7i or something... but it's so engrained in me that it's wedge territory and I don't even think twice about pulling out a wedge and thinning it across to the other side.

Something I plan on fixing this season... Hopefully.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Yes. Yes I am. And a little ignorant too I suppose. Funny post, but oh so true!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Sometimes. Ego can get in the way. It took me years to realize that shooting a good score is more fun than failing 99 times out of 100 trying to pull off miracle shots. And yet I still make bad decisions off the tee sometimes.

Just keep telling yourself, shooting a good score is fun. Don't let bad decisions wreck a round.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Never to the extent that you describe but occasionally? Of course.

If this helps I will relay a story:

My son was a sophomore playing on the JV team at his small high school in Wisconsin (he could never have played in Florida). He would normally shoot between 45-50 for nine.

On this day I caddied for him. In High School golf caddies are not allowed to offer advice (stupid rule). He shot 54 and none of the guys in here s group broke 50. It was painful! Not because of the missed shots but because of the stupidity. All four players should have been in the mid 40's based on their golfing abilities.

On the drive home he was complaining about how hard the course was. I proceeded to go stroke by stroke and found 10 strokes that he could have saved through different clubbing and shot selection choices - in 9 holes!!!

OOsportsman - perhaps you would benefit from preplanning your round. Right down what clubs you will hit, make a note that if you miss the green you will always hit the shot the requires the least amount of loft. Try it, see how it works out. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't know if I would call it stubborn, more like automatic pilot.  We pull clubs to hit shots that really needs to be thought out first.  I know I do it all the time.  I did play a few rounds where I literally tried to think about every shot.  I kicked my course management thoughts to the extreme and played from green to tee.  On the tee box, I didn't automatically pull a driver.  I thought about where I wanted to be distance-wise to attack the green or if it was a par 5, what would give me the best chance to get close to the pin on the 3rd shot and work my way back from to the green.  I thought about the distances, the clubs I could get the distance I wanted and which club would also work best for the lie.  Same for approach shots.  From that I chose the best club for the job.  Whenever you watch TV, the commentators will usually say there are a myriad of ways to hit that shot and they are right.  Often times, we amateurs choose a club without thinking if it's really the right club for that particular circumstance.

I did manage to shoot some lower rounds that summer.  Of course all that thinking on the course was mentally exhausting.  I had a few lapses in judgement and went back to automatically pulling a club based on distance alone as well.  Can't say that I practice playing like this but I'm going to go back to it this summer.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I dunno - but it seems to me you're trying to play shots that you simply don't have in your bag.

And much like your buddy that's putting from 50 yards off the green, it appears you're both candidates for adding one of those (albeit dreaded) "chipper" clubs that I keep seeing advertised on TV and in pop-up ads.

My two favorite examples are Lob Wedges and 3-woods.

When LW's first came out it seemed like everybody had to have one, and it seems like 75% of people couldn't hit them. And it kept make me ask them, why do you keep trying shots you clearly can't hit and/or haven't practiced enough to be able to replicate so as to have a serviceable result the majority of time?

And it's like people I see every weekend trying to hit a low-lofted fairway wood (or the new rage is driving irons) as second shots to greens on par-5s. It seems the majority of the time they either hit a shot into the weeds, or just dump or chunk it 50 yards down the fairway, leaving themselves another long shot to the green. Which leaves me asking them, wouldn't it have been smarter to just grab a 7-iron (or some other mid-iron) that you can reasonably hit and advance the ball to something resembling scoring distance into the green?

Because, end of the day, if you don't have the shot "in your bag" you're wasting shots - which either comes down to practicing your short game more, or just figuring out something better to do.

Stubborn? Perhaps. Just not thinking is more like it.

I might be gentler and kinder about it but this comment is spot on. You have to hit the shots that you can comfortably execute at least 80 percent of the time.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I might be gentler and kinder about it but this comment is spot on. You have to hit the shots that you can comfortably execute at least 80 percent of the time.

Absolutely!!  I was a terrible wedge player just a few years ago; no feel in the hands and arms.  When I retired, I spent time when not playing at the practice area.  I wouldn't say my wedge game is great, but I have confidence that I can pull off a shot more than 80% of the time.  I even chip in a few now and then (3 no-putt birdies last weekend!).  

My coach always says "Putt when you can; chip when you can't putt, and pitch when you have to."  One of the shots that I am not that good at ironically, is putting from the fringe.  I don't spend any time doing it, and I have trouble with speed particularly on long putts from the fringe.  I'd much rather chip it.  It's all about your confidence in the shot.  

My suggestion is to practice that wedge shot... a lot.  When you are playing but not worrying about score, go ahead and use the wedge.  Take a few shots with different clubs; find out what works for you.  When you are after a score, use the club that gets you closest to the hole.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

eliminating strokes as a high handicapper can be easy, and if you are stubborn it can cost you strokes. Your freind has eliminated the big number by telling himself that using his putter is a better option the using a wedge, it's better to putt the ball onto the green, then 2 for a 5, than it is to skull it across into the bunker and take 2 shots out of the bunker, and score 7 or 8. That's 2-3 stiles on one hole. There is no set way that you have to play shots, just because the pro always uses his sand wedge on short shots doesn't mean we have to. He has practiced that shot thousands of times, we practice it 50 times. Take a club that makes the shot easier, it could be 7 iron or hybrid, or like your friend, putter. Iran been said here before, play the shot you know you can play, not the shot you think you can play. Simply take a club that you know you can put onto the green and do it. Make it your own game.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Yes but I didn't get to choose whether or not to be Irish.

Towards the end of last season, I stopped trying to play the sexy chip landing right by the pin and try to stop it right away in favour of the 7 iron bump n run which was just getting fine tuned when the snow came. This season I've learned quite a bit and will try using the club least lofted that can get the job done method.

Off the tee I play 3w much more often than driver. Been burned so many times by the big stick l if there isn't bailout left or right I go 3w. Nearly as far, but darn straight

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Well, I always tell the kids at school that sometimes the truth hurts, but it's still the truth.  Don't want it, don't ask.

I'm usually pretty good with my 56* wedge, as long as the lie isn't too thin.  When it is, I grab my 7 iron or some other club, then stick it back in the bag, determined to hit the wedge, no matter what.  I know I am hitting a lower percentage shot but I do it anyway.  Just being stubborn!

You all have definitely made me think even more, though.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to think about how to get the best score I can, and not about playing the shot that I think I "should" be hitting.  It'll be interesting to see what the results are after a few rounds.

My Bag:

Heck I chip a lot with my 5 iron with good results. I use it like a putter . Several chip ins by using what works for me.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I got to thinking earlier today about my huge handicap and how I could manage to lower it. Obviously lessons and practice would help, but there's one thing I could stop doing that I know would shave 6-7 strokes (maybe even more) off almost every round I play.

I'm constantly trying to hit the "right" shot, not trying to score. I played this past weekend with a buddy who pulled his putter out of the bag several times when he was a good distance off the green. Everything is super dry, the ground is hard, the grass is burnt. I swear he putted from 50 yards successfully. He's thinking about scoring.

I would have pulled a wedge, skulled it across the green into a bunker, had to pull off a bunker shot on sand as hard as concrete, taken a second bunker shot because the wedge bounced on the concrete and thinned the ball. And on it goes, all because I want to make myself hit that wedge from the fairway. I can't even bring myself to pitch and run with a seven iron from there, because I'm going to hit that darned wedge.

So I have a personality fault, and it costs me a ton of shots every round. Anybody else struggle with something like this? I'm really curious if anyone else has similar issues.

I'm pretty stubborn as well and could easily take several strokes of my game if I was smart and honest with myself about my game.

For instance except for par 3's I always pull out the driver on the tee even if I'm better off with a hybrid which would take water hazards out of play. Another is being honest about my distances especially with my short irons.

One of my goals this year is to think before I pull a club out of the bag.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Sometimes. Ego can get in the way. It took me years to realize that shooting a good score is more fun than failing 99 times out of 100 trying to pull off miracle shots. And yet I still make bad decisions off the tee sometimes.

Just keep telling yourself, shooting a good score is fun. Don't let bad decisions wreck a round.

You nailed it.  I had to stew on it a little bit, but this is actually the fundamental issue for me.  I'm never going to be a competitive golfer, so to me the game is about the challenge and the fun.  I almost always choose the challenge of making the shot over the challenge of scoring lower, and ultimately really want to do both.  What I need, more than anything else probably, is to change my perspective on what kind of fun I'm going to have.

My Bag:

My coach always says "Putt when you can; chip when you can't putt, and pitch when you have to."  One of the shots that I am not that good at ironically, is putting from the fringe.  I don't spend any time doing it, and I have trouble with speed particularly on long putts from the fringe.  I'd much rather chip it.  It's all about your confidence in the shot.

When you talk about putting from the fringe, I'm assuming you're talking about covering 2 or more feet of fringe. I've stopped putting from there and bumping a hybrid instead. It's just me, but I like having a different feel because the speeds are so different. Other people have good feel for putting from 50 yards from the green. Again, it's different feels for different people.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Not me, I'll putt when I can and when I can't I'm much more likely to putt with a hybrid then pull a wedge. Unless you're tour tested, leave your ego and your cell phone in the car, bro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Heck I chip a lot with my 5 iron with good results. I use it like a putter . Several chip ins by using what works for me.

That's what Tiger used to do if he only had 6-12" of fringe/rough to clear. Hopped over that stuff, rolled out on the green

That's what Tiger used to do if he only had 6-12" of fringe/rough to clear. Hopped over that stuff, rolled out on the green

Easy peasy and you got to go with what makes this game a little bit easier....  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

When you talk about putting from the fringe, I'm assuming you're talking about covering 2 or more feet of fringe. I've stopped putting from there and bumping a hybrid instead. It's just me, but I like having a different feel because the speeds are so different. Other people have good feel for putting from 50 yards from the green. Again, it's different feels for different people.

Yes, less than 2 feet of fringe.  I can putt from the fringe if the pin is less than 10 feet away.  If its longer I will always chip it.  I don't mind chipping from tight lies.  I've chipped twice this year already off the green because I was on the wrong part of the green and no way to putt the ball anywhere close to the hole within going through fringe and/or rough.  

I have never been one to putt from off the green with a hybrid.  I've tried it, but the ball just seems to jump off the face too fast and the shaft is way too long.  Doesn't feel right.  Maybe I should spend so time with it, but I have never had a time at my course where I felt I needed that shot.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I love the hybrid as a fringe putter. Keeps me from trying to get too cute on short chips.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I have never been one to putt from off the green with a hybrid.  I've tried it, but the ball just seems to jump off the face too fast and the shaft is way too long.  Doesn't feel right.  Maybe I should spend so time with it, but I have never had a time at my course where I felt I needed that shot.

If you have your shot from that spot, go with it. I like the hybrid for longer chips because I'll tend to leave other shots short. But I'll also bump and run with everything from a 7 to a gap wedge. It's all what works for you.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

As Clint Eastwood once said, "a man's gots to know his limitations"

If I can't play a shot in practice I won't try it on course unless I've got no other option, if I'm playing Strokeplay, course and option management are crucial.

Not to say I don't let ego or stupidity (or both) get in the way occasionally, but knowing what you are capable of (and remember it can change round to round) is a massive part of the game.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I wont call it stubborn but if im struggling with a certain club like driver off the tee and im not playing a hdcp round i will continue to hit it trying to figure out whats going wrong. since i don't care about my score im not too worried about having blow up holes.  if im playing a hdcp round a large majority of the time im planning the hole out on the tee box for best way to get the ball in the hole.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yes, less than 2 feet of fringe. I can putt from the fringe if the pin is less than 10 feet away. If its longer I will always chip it. I don't mind chipping from tight lies. I've chipped twice this year already off the green because I was on the wrong part of the green and no way to putt the ball anywhere close to the hole within going through fringe and/or rough.

I have never been one to putt from off the green with a hybrid. I've tried it, but the ball just seems to jump off the face too fast and the shaft is way too long. Doesn't feel right. Maybe I should spend so time with it, but I have never had a time at my course where I felt I needed that shot.

I like to use my PW in these situations, play it very upright like you are putting, and play the ball off the meat of the toe area, it will have some “check” to it, but will help Control the speed better than the hybrid, I have the same issue with hybrid or putter from the fringe, the hybrid jumps off the face and goes 20 feet past, and then the putter gets stuck in the fringe and comes up short, the PW I feel like I can control the shot so that's what I do.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I like to use my PW in these situations, play it very upright like you are putting, and play the ball off the meat of the toe area, it will have some “check” to it, but will help Control the speed better than the hybrid, I have the same issue with hybrid or putter from the fringe, the hybrid jumps off the face and goes 20 feet past, and then the putter gets stuck in the fringe and comes up short, the PW I feel like I can control the shot so that's what I do.

8 iron for me in that spot, but the One Length hybrid I'm picking up soon intrigues me as an option.

For me, I wouldn't call it stubborn so much as I would call it pressing. I know my game very well and when I'm not performing up to par, I try to get a bit back. I don't see it as stubborn because I know the shots and holes I can take those risks on at my home course, but it's more pressing because I always want to shoot my best score.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Hogan said something to the effect of.. "Golf is 20% talent and 80% management." And Yogi Berra famously said: "50% of the game is 90% mental"

So, NO, you're not alone! I suspect less than optimal management decisions are not solely the province of high handicappers, either.

Anyway, I also share that problem. Big goal for this year is to "hit the shot _I_ can" and not the shot "I want" nor the shot my ego is telling me to go for .. because ironically your ego should be happier with a lower score, right?, vs (maybe) having that one hero shot to gloat about...........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Oh- also practice putting with a hybrid (if you carry one) .. can be very effective from a short distance off the green with short grass between.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'm guilty of this also. Pride is also apart of my issue. If my partner pulls 8 Iron in my head I have to pull 8 Iron. Difference is, he can hit it 150, I'm 130. Last fall I started playing my game. I was able to close the gap. Also, took some lessons to clean up my swing. I believe I'm going to catch him again!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I'm guilty of this also. Pride is also apart of my issue. If my partner pulls 8 Iron in my head I have to pull 8 Iron. Difference is, he can hit it 150, I'm 130. Last fall I started playing my game. I was able to close the gap. Also, took some lessons to clean up my swing. I believe I'm going to catch him again!

It's not what tool you use, it's how you use it.

Took the boss out, he is swinging 130% at gap wedges, while take a knock down 9 iron. I almost dunked mine, he came up short.

Quality of strike will win every time.

Archived