Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PING Drivers

SeeMore Putts

I was looking at testing out the G400 since the reviews came out this week, but I'm a little concerned only because I used to own a PING driver and the head of it torqued off after about 6 months. A similar issue happened to a demo club when I worked at Golf Town. Is this a known issue with newer PING drivers? Or was it just two freak occurences that I happened to witness?

For the record, I love PING products, especially their i-series irons. 

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

I have owned a few PING drivers in my time and the quality has always been top notch. I would hope your issues were a one off. I would go try out the G400. As well PING is one of the best companies to stand behind their products.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I have a G400 and have had no issues. They seem to be extremely well built. I think it is probably a freak occurrence that you witnessed. I would at least give them a shot at a fitting.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Likewise I've owned any number of Ping drivers and never had an issue. (That I didn't created )

I've not heard of any either.

Let us know if you buy one and how you do with it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I owned a Ping driver for several years and didn't have any problems.  I did have a couple fairway woods that had the head fly off, but that was because I had them reshafted and the builder didn't use the correct size shaft diameter for the head.  That obviously wasn't Ping's fault.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I had issues with my G30 shaft and PING replaced it no problems pretty quick. Spend the extra couple bucks and buy from a local shop that has a relationship with a rep and that will help alot if there are issues

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I've got the G400 and have had no issues. It's a high quality product... And knowing Ping, they're going to take care of any issues pretty quickly if it's a product issue. Give that g400 a try. You'll be happy you did

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I've actually had the head of my G-Series come loose during a round-Once. It was at a time where I was toying with the lofts on my own and I simply didn't get it torqued down correctly-Not PING's fault at all and I've never had any troubles like that since.

On a side note about their service, I had whacked a rock with my GMax 7-iron that was hidden in the rough next to my ball during a practice swing. At first glance it looked as if I actually cracked the face-I freaked out! That night I hopped on their website and filled out a repair form (non-warranty). The next day I got back a "thank-you" and "our experts are on top of the matter" email, followed immediately with a shipping label from FedEx-no charge! 3-days later I received a call directly from an actual human in their repair dept. who told me the crack was really just a little blemish and would play just fine as-is. Whew! Club was sent back (again at no charge) and off I went.

Stellar service and fantastic products that are well designed and look good too. Now I as seem to be the official "PING Apologist" in these forums  :rolleyes:, I would definitely "have to" recommend to you or anyone to try out their stuff. At least from my experiences, you shouldn't be let down at all. If you do try it, certainly let us know how your experience is.

Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Oh, and let's not forget the G400 comes with these...

https://youtu.be/PRRZopcQW24

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I haven'tiked ping drives in quite some time but the G400 has my interest. Everyone I know who plays it loves it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I used the G30 LST for 3 years, before switching to the G400 Max this season. Both have been great. For me Ping drivers have proven to be the most accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I've actually had the head of my G-Series come loose during a round-Once. It was at a time where I was toying with the lofts on my own and I simply didn't get it torqued down correctly-Not PING's fault at all and I've never had any troubles like that since.

On a side note about their service, I had whacked a rock with my GMax 7-iron that was hidden in the rough next to my ball during a practice swing. At first glance it looked as if I actually cracked the face-I freaked out! That night I hopped on their website and filled out a repair form (non-warranty). The next day I got back a "thank-you" and "our experts are on top of the matter" email, followed immediately with a shipping label from FedEx-no charge! 3-days later I received a call directly from an actual human in their repair dept. who told me the crack was really just a little blemish and would play just fine as-is. Whew! Club was sent back (again at no charge) and off I went.

Stellar service and fantastic products that are well designed and look good too. Now I as seem to be the official "PING Apologist" in these forums :rolleyes:, I would definitely "have to" recommend to you or anyone to try out their stuff. At least from my experiences, you shouldn't be let down at all. If you do try it, certainly let us know how your experience is.

Cheers!

Thanks, this really helped. It's definitely going to be in the mix when I test some new clubs out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Driver -  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha

3W -  :callaway-small: XHot Pro

3 Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue 11

4-PW - Maltby DBM Forged

52 -  :vokey-small: SM4

56 -  :cleveland-small: RTX-3

60 - Scratch SS

Putter -  :seemore-small: FGP

I used the G30 LST for 3 years, before switching to the G400 Max this season. Both have been great. For me Ping drivers have proven to be the most accurate.

I'm curious why the Max instead of the 400 LST?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm curious why the Max instead of the 400 LST?

I made a swing adjustment last year and now struggle to get enough backspin to keep the ball in the air. When I got fit for the G30 LST it got me to about 2100rpm, but after last season I couldn't get more than 1200 rpm. I play a slight draw and somewhere lost all my backspin. Which, if I lived in Phoenix might be good, but in the PNW, there are a number of months that you get zero roll.

The 400max with the alta cb stiff got me back up to 2200 rpm, about 20 more yards of carry and about 2 more fairways per round.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Thanks!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Oh, and let's not forget the G400 comes with these...

https://youtu.be/PRRZopcQW24

Best part of them lol

Love the Fried Eggs guys

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Archived