LoganT

New grips suggestions?

It's time for me to get my clubs re-gripped and I was wondering if anyone on here could give me suggestions. What are your favorite grips and why?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I really like my pure grips. I they lasted me a whole season without needing to be replaced and stayed pretty tacky with cleaning after every round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm partial to golf pride ndmc, mcc and cp2. I like the feel and durability plus no issues during the hit and humid summers

• Like 2

Are the ndmc reasonably durable?

• Like 1

Lamkin REL ACE 3gen. Soft but most mushy, very tacky, easily cleaned with a wet towel to rejuvenate the tackiness.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have tried a lot of grips this year but have settled in with the Golf Pride MCC Align. (Standard version). Better than a standard ribbed grip and I like the dual compound. Still have to see how they hold up in the humid South Texas summer though before I'm completely sold. If they dont I'll go full Cord again.

I've been playing SuperStroke S-Tech grips most recently. Before that, Lamkin REL ACE 3gen. I would recommend either of em!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really like my pure grips. I they lasted me a whole season without needing to be replaced and stayed pretty tacky with cleaning after every round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^ This

• Like 3

Good question. As with many things about this game, it's all what "feels" best to you. My personal go-to right now are the Golf Pride MCC+4's in a mid-size that really help me mitigate the wear and tear on my long-ago injured left wrist and hand. I feel that these larger diameter grips help alleviate some pressures and allow me to be more "durable" throughout a short session at the range followed by a -standard par-72 outing. I only have one-wrap of tape under, so these are true-to-size essentially. Thinner grips are just too darned fatiguing for me...heck even a skinny steering wheel gives me fits!

It'll probably take you some time to settle in and find a size and style you like and can perform well with. Trial and error unfortunately is most likely going to be the only real way you can "get fit" with what works. Feeling those little grip handles they have at the pro-shops really don't tell you anything in my opinion. I get better feel with a grip on a real club.

One suggestion I can make would be to cruise around on eBay or your favorite discount sites and see if you can find some single grips in styles on the cheap that you'd like to try. Then blow them onto your 7-iron and give them a shot or two. If no joy, move onto the next.

• Like 3

Not sure what conditions you play in, but I get sweaty hands in year-round humid Hawaii and the MCC hold up to the sweat really nice. About 9 months or so on my current grips and they're as tacky as the first day. I wipe them down with a wet towel after every couple of rounds.

• Like 2

Do you like soft or firm grips? I tried Pure Grips and I couldn't get them off my clubs fast enough. Way too soft feeling for me.

Found the Lamkin UTX Wrap Full Cord. Easily my favorite grip. I love the feel of wrap cords.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I'm partial to golf pride ndmc, mcc and cp2. I like the feel and durability plus no issues during the hit and humid summers

Totally agree with this

Are the ndmc reasonably durable?

I'm a huge fan of the ndmc. Had it on my old driver for that I just upgraded from and will totally be putting it on the new driver. Very durable and worked well in all kinds of conditions. Everything from hot summer weather to a wet rainy golf outing.

Can't wait to get my irons suited up!

Pure DTX if you like cord type grips.

Yep, count me as another Pure advocate.

• Like 2

Here's another category I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a brown grip? Not the Winn's, those are too mushy.

Dark brown preferably. They have hot pink and neon orange, but no brown? 🤨

• Like 2

I enjoy my Golf Pride Z Cord grips. I enjoy the cord feel and I like how long they last.

Here's another category I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a brown grip? Not the Winn's, those are too mushy.

Dark brown preferably. They have hot pink and neon orange, but no brown? 🤨

Shanks,

Chamois has some in brown.

IMG_7303.PNG

• Like 1