TESTERS WANTED! ×

New grips suggestions?

I have No1 50 Pros and No1 50 (non-Pros).  Expensive, but I really like them.  If you are going to play without a glove, go with the non-Pros.  If with a glove, Pros.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Shanks,

Chamois has some in brown.

attachicon.gifIMG_7303.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ever played Chamois grips?  My dad had these on a set and handed them down to me.  They're pretty soft, and they are super slick when wet.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Here's another category I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a brown grip? Not the Winn's, those are too mushy.

Dark brown preferably. They have hot pink and neon orange, but no brown?

Best Grips

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 5 weeks later...

I put CP2s from Golf Pride on my 5 wood and Hybrid and I like them. The driver I bought is used and I am starting to think that the grip is bigger than standard. How important is it to have the same grips throughout the set because my irons have Ping standard grips.....

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

MCC+4!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I put CP2s from Golf Pride on my 5 wood and Hybrid and I like them. The driver I bought is used and I am starting to think that the grip is bigger than standard. How important is it to have the same grips throughout the set because my irons have Ping standard grips.....

My, er....OCD disallows anything other than the same grips throughout my set with the exception being the putter of course... I know I would be uncomfortable if there was a club or two that were gripped differently or smaller/fatter than the others. Having them all the same gives me a sense of confidence that I'll hold the club naturally every time.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Previously I said GP Align, and I still do, they feel great, but I will say, make sure they get aligned exactly how you want them, if they are off, even just a little bit, they can throw the ball flight off. Keep that in mind if you get them.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I like midsized throughout the set, but right now I have them on woods and wedges. The feel change doesn't bother me at all, but it's also 100% personal preference too. I can easily understand how different sized grips may bother some people.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Thanks for all the replies guys. I actually went for the standard multi compound grips on my irons and wedges. I have a tour velvet grip on my driver and I like both grips. Next time I re grip I think I will look for something similar to the tour velvet because of the price difference.

Has anyone tried the MCC "substitutes" from Lamkin, SuperStroke, Karma, etc? I prefer MCC or +4s, but budget being a huge factor, I'm wondering how these compare.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

My local golf shop has the swing science brand that look exactly like MCC grips and he said they are basically the same but just won't last as long. How true that is, I have no idea

It's really personal preference. I don't wear a glove and love the Lamkin UTX grips. Wear really well and never have an issue with tackiness, especially in the summer months. Regards!

I like midsized throughout the set, but right now I have them on woods and wedges. The feel change doesn't bother me at all, but it's also 100% personal preference too. I can easily understand how different sized grips may bother some people.

I agree it doesn't bother me really but with the driver my miss is to the right if the grip is oversize and I play standard that could lead to no rotation right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I agree it doesn't bother me really but with the driver my miss is to the right if the grip is oversize and I play standard that could lead to no rotation right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It depends on the golfer. I've read that larger grips can help you fight off hooks from too much hand action, so no rotation at all could definitely introduce a case of the rights. In my own experience, it's more about grip pressure, larger grips for me mean less of a death choke and better unconscious action from my wrists through the swing.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Has anyone tried the MCC "substitutes" from Lamkin, SuperStroke, Karma, etc? I prefer MCC or +4s, but budget being a huge factor, I'm wondering how these compare.

Here is an old review of a grip that I loved. I'm not sure they last as long as a golf pride, but for the price I could get them, they were great. I wish someone else would do the cord on top and wrap on the bottom.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7185-sharpro-3cat-grips-review/page-1

Currently I have lamkin utx wraps that I got on sale and a set of utx on standby. I am working on putting some golf works ribs in to make them wannabee mcc +4 aligns.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Archived