LoganT

New grips suggestions?

I really love the MCC Align grips.  I have only about 4 rounds under my belt with them on so far but they really feel so comfortable in my hands.  The "ridge" on the underside of the grip just fits right into my fingers, exactly what it's designed to do.  So I can't blame anything on my grip being wrong.  HA! 

mccalign.jpg

• Like 2

Like 'gofinnut' I really like my golf pride grips as well. The stickiness keeps me from over tightening my grip pressure. I have the align grip on my driver and will be regripping my hybrids and irons with the align as well this year. 

• Like 1

It's time for me to get my clubs re-gripped and I was wondering if anyone on here could give me suggestions. What are your favorite grips and why?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Lots of good suggestions I've tried many grips. Lamkin UTx, very nice and durable. Pure Grips, I thought they were mushy like a marshmallow, if you like that then that's for you. GP mcc, also tough and durable. I settled on GP Align after putting one on my 3 wood last year, they feel very nice, and it seems to be a solid grip, again I've only had it on my irons for a couple rounds, but it's beem on my 3 wood for a year, there really aren't any bad grips out there, I would just try a few and then choose from there.

• Like 2

Get an air compressor and a gun from Pure Grips and do your own......btw, the PURE grips are terrific. They return to their original tacky grip when washed with mild soap & water, making them last longer.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Get an air compressor and a gun from Pure Grips and do your own......btw, the PURE grips are terrific. They return to their original tacky grip when washed with mild soap & water, making them last longer.

Really any grip will stay tacky this way.  When I clean my clubs after every round, I do the grips as well.  

• Like 1

Easy to do with air compressor; watch the video on the Pure Grip website.  Hardest part of regripping with air is getting the old grips off that were put on with tape.  Once you get them off and put painters tape on the shaft, grips can be changed with air in minutes.  No mess.

• Like 1

I will be another Pure Player! The midsize in the Pure Pro is perfect, I think I will try the DTX once I have to replace these. However knowing Pure that will be a while

• Like 2

Tour Wrap 2g have been excellent. With some dawn soap and warm water they'll last more than a season.

I recently switched from the Winn Excel Wrap to the Golf Pride CP2 Wraps. I loved the soft feel of the Winn, but they would only last a few rounds & range sessions before they needed to be replaced. The CP2s are soft, but have a firm overall feel to them and cushion off center strikes well. So far their durability seems to be head and shoulders above the Winn.

Here's another category I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a brown grip? Not the Winn's, those are too mushy.

Dark brown preferably. They have hot pink and neon orange, but no brown?

Check out No1 (Nowon).  They have a brown with orange highlights grip in their 50 series.  They are really nice grips.  Oops, screwed that up, they are orange with brown trim.

I have No1 50 Pros and No1 50 (non-Pros).  Expensive, but I really like them.  If you are going to play without a glove, go with the non-Pros.  If with a glove, Pros.

Shanks,

Chamois has some in brown.

attachicon.gifIMG_7303.PNG

Ever played Chamois grips?  My dad had these on a set and handed them down to me.  They're pretty soft, and they are super slick when wet.

Here's another category I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of a brown grip? Not the Winn's, those are too mushy.

Dark brown preferably. They have hot pink and neon orange, but no brown?

Best Grips

I put CP2s from Golf Pride on my 5 wood and Hybrid and I like them. The driver I bought is used and I am starting to think that the grip is bigger than standard. How important is it to have the same grips throughout the set because my irons have Ping standard grips.....

• Like 1

I put CP2s from Golf Pride on my 5 wood and Hybrid and I like them. The driver I bought is used and I am starting to think that the grip is bigger than standard. How important is it to have the same grips throughout the set because my irons have Ping standard grips.....

My, er....OCD disallows anything other than the same grips throughout my set with the exception being the putter of course... I know I would be uncomfortable if there was a club or two that were gripped differently or smaller/fatter than the others. Having them all the same gives me a sense of confidence that I'll hold the club naturally every time.

• Like 1

Previously I said GP Align, and I still do, they feel great, but I will say, make sure they get aligned exactly how you want them, if they are off, even just a little bit, they can throw the ball flight off. Keep that in mind if you get them.

• Like 2

I like midsized throughout the set, but right now I have them on woods and wedges. The feel change doesn't bother me at all, but it's also 100% personal preference too. I can easily understand how different sized grips may bother some people.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys. I actually went for the standard multi compound grips on my irons and wedges. I have a tour velvet grip on my driver and I like both grips. Next time I re grip I think I will look for something similar to the tour velvet because of the price difference.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the MCC "substitutes" from Lamkin, SuperStroke, Karma, etc? I prefer MCC or +4s, but budget being a huge factor, I'm wondering how these compare.