LoganT

New grips suggestions?

My local golf shop has the swing science brand that look exactly like MCC grips and he said they are basically the same but just won't last as long. How true that is, I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

It's really personal preference. I don't wear a glove and love the Lamkin UTX grips. Wear really well and never have an issue with tackiness, especially in the summer months. Regards!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I like midsized throughout the set, but right now I have them on woods and wedges. The feel change doesn't bother me at all, but it's also 100% personal preference too. I can easily understand how different sized grips may bother some people.

I agree it doesn't bother me really but with the driver my miss is to the right if the grip is oversize and I play standard that could lead to no rotation right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I just got an old set of Wilson Di-7's re-gripped with some Pure Midsize grips and couldn't be happier.  Very soft feeling and tacky.  

I agree it doesn't bother me really but with the driver my miss is to the right if the grip is oversize and I play standard that could lead to no rotation right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It depends on the golfer. I've read that larger grips can help you fight off hooks from too much hand action, so no rotation at all could definitely introduce a case of the rights. In my own experience, it's more about grip pressure, larger grips for me mean less of a death choke and better unconscious action from my wrists through the swing.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the MCC "substitutes" from Lamkin, SuperStroke, Karma, etc? I prefer MCC or +4s, but budget being a huge factor, I'm wondering how these compare.

Here is an old review of a grip that I loved. I'm not sure they last as long as a golf pride, but for the price I could get them, they were great. I wish someone else would do the cord on top and wrap on the bottom.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7185-sharpro-3cat-grips-review/page-1

Currently I have lamkin utx wraps that I got on sale and a set of utx on standby. I am working on putting some golf works ribs in to make them wannabee mcc +4 aligns.

• Like 1