TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Importance of Golf Fitness - New Memeber post

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Olly Foster creator of the Golf Fit by Olly program. The program is an online training and nutrition plan that last 12 weeks designed to get you moving, feeling, looking and playing better golf. I'm a fully qualified PT with over 17 years experience in the industry and am also TPI qualified. I have only been playing golf myself for 2.5 years now and currently Im playing of 11 at The Shire in Barnet / London UK. With my passion for the game and the fitness industry I wanted to put together a plan that was both affordable and effective on a larger scale. Below are my views on Golf Fitness and it's importance within our game.

The Importance of Golf Fitness

Golf fitness has been a hotly debated topic of discussion over the years with many believing its role within the game isn't of importance. If you know anything about the human body and how it moves and its requirements to function with daily day to day tasks, you will understand that anything you can do to improve this will benefit you. Society these days has been designed to de-condition us, it's a simple as that. Almost 95% of clients I screen on a weekly basis have some form of dysfunction or mobility issues due to the nature of their work or daily habits. Taking these dysfunctions onto the golf course is only going to compound these problems and lead to inconsistent play with a high risk of injury. Golfers of all levels would benefit from some form of Golf Specific conditioning based training. Whether you believe it or not, golfers are athletes and in order to improve you must train like one. The stresses and demands placed on the body when swinging a golf club are way more strenuous then you think.  These physical demands place huge strains on the body's musculature system and if you combine this with mechanical deficiencies and faulty loading patterns, you are almost asking for an injury. Common injuries being the lower back, shoulders, elbows and knees. 

The key components to any golf swing are Stability & Mobility, (Flexibility & balance) Posture, Strength & Power (mainly rotary) and when these elements work in sync this will in turn lead to higher level of swing efficiency with greater swing speeds, meaning you will hit the ball further and more consistently, the holy grail of golf!  However, most golfers overlook these areas for a whole host of reasons but mainly in fear of ruining their current swing and thus seek to continually change clubs in hope that this will fix the issue. It wont! You need to start investing in yourself both in terms of training and nutrition if you are serious about getting better and playing the game for longer.

I believe any golf fitness program that helps address these issues when coupled with an effective nutrition plan, will not only begin to get you looking better, but feeling better and ultimately playing better. Feel free to comment on this article or ask me any questions you may have with regards to your own fitness goals. I will do my best to answer them in as much detail as possible as and when. Any feedback is also welcomed. 

#Transform your body #Transform your game www.golffitbyolly.com

Welcome to My Golf Spy, Ollie.......where you can Learn, Live & Laugh Golf 24/7/365.

I am currently enrolled in a 16 week nutrition course at the VA(Veterans Affairs). It combines nutrition education with fitness to reduce the risk of obesity and diabetes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome to the forum. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome to MGS!  We're glad to have you and look forward to your participating in the forums.

We golfers are always looking for ways to improve.   We love informational posts here, but as a new member I just want to post our guidelines for advertising taken from our Moral Codes section, just to help you in information you want to share with us in the going forward in the future. 

Taken form our Moral Codes 

5. Product Advertising - (PLEASE READ) The MGS forum wants EVERYONE to feel like they can be a part of this forum and I encourage all companies to take part. In the end it will only make for a better forum and better content for the members. However...we are sure you understand that it is not to fair to have the exact same posting privileges as an Advertiser on the forum. So we have come up with the following criteria which we feel both encourages both Non-Advertiser educational posting and promotes the Advertisers product promotions.

ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post promotional info, run contests, post both pre-product and current product release photos, display contact info in signature, provide educational posts, promote coupons and discounts to members and highlight new product releases.

NON-ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post any and all educational type posts (not promoting your brand or products) and also display contact info in your signature.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome to the forum!  Your program sounds interesting.

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

Welcome to MGS!  We're glad to have you and look forward to your participating in the forums.

We golfers are always looking for ways to improve.   We love informational posts here, but as a new member I just want to post our guidelines for advertising taken from our Moral Codes section, just to help you in information you want to share with us in the going forward in the future. 

Taken form our Moral Codes 

5. Product Advertising - (PLEASE READ) The MGS forum wants EVERYONE to feel like they can be a part of this forum and I encourage all companies to take part. In the end it will only make for a better forum and better content for the members. However...we are sure you understand that it is not to fair to have the exact same posting privileges as an Advertiser on the forum. So we have come up with the following criteria which we feel both encourages both Non-Advertiser educational posting and promotes the Advertisers product promotions.

ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post promotional info, run contests, post both pre-product and current product release photos, display contact info in signature, provide educational posts, promote coupons and discounts to members and highlight new product releases.

NON-ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post any and all educational type posts (not promoting your brand or products) and also display contact info in your signature.

Thank you for the heads up. Very new to this and was unaware of this rule. I have made adjustments and I hope these are satisfactory? 

#Transform your body #Transform your game www.golffitbyolly.com

Thank you for the heads up. Very new to this and was unaware of this rule. I have made adjustments and I hope these are satisfactory? 

Thanks for understanding, and it truly was  a heads up message, so thanks for taking it that way.  There is a lot of information on the different areas of MGS, so it's impossible for you to have seen it all.   No harm, honestly.

As for your your program, who can't use more fitness and nutrition information?  Please feel free to encourage people to reach out to you via PM, there is nothing wrong with that.   And if you wanted to consider offering one of our members to go through the program as a "tester", feel free to pm GolfSpy_meyer to see if it can be arranged. 

I found a lot of the information in your post very interesting, obviously you have impressive credentials, I'm sure our members will be able to gain some helpful info from you.    I have trouble committing to anything past 12 minutes, so I might struggle with 12 weeks  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome aboard!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Welcome to MSG! 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

“Fitness: I'm thinking ‘bout FITNESS pizza in my belly!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Welcome I've been in a fitness and nutritional program through my work as well.

I'm very pleased with it. Wishing you much success.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome to MGS from Seattle!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welcome from Ohio!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 weeks later...

I think sn MGS test of the program is a great idea- let's all see what these programs could di for us.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived