TESTERS WANTED! ×

Member review Superspeed golf training.

NickDog

Hi Everyone. I have recently purchased the Superspeedgolf.com training aids. The idea of this speed over training is to get your body to break through some swing speed barriers to add speed to your swing and therefore increase driver distance. I plan to update this with thoughts, results, photos, the odd video, to show you an honest review as I try to ramp up the speed with the big stick. Stay tuned.

As a great tutor once said, 'Take dead aim.'Kit: Taylor made M2 driver 9.5, 3w 15 & 3 hybrid 19, Ping crossover 3iron, pxg 0311 irons 5 through to wedge, Taylormade 50 & 60 wedges, Titleist vokey sm6 56 wedge, Scotty Cameron select Newport 2.5 putter, ball - Vice Pro +, Range / practice kit - skytrak and ipad.

Eager to hear your results and how it impacts your play.  One of the questions I have would be does it impact your actual swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm very interested in how this works out for you. I have lost a lot of speed/distance in the last two years and know I need to get in better shape. Maybe this is the ticket for me?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Very curious.

Able to get stats now and after you've used for a few weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Almost bought this the other day. Will be great to follow along with your progress

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

I've been seeing a lot of action on Twitter about this product. They're certainly doing a good job getting eyeballs, now I'm interested to see if it pays dividends for average Joes.

I'm gonna guess that the hardest thing about it will be keeping up with the regimen. Good luck with it and I hope you see positive results.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Have looked at these in the past but the price scared me off. Interested to hear your thoughts on how well they work.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Keep us posted. The guy that teaches my daughters is a big fan of SS.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

If anyone has any further questions they want answered I'm happy to focus on these also. Will make sure I look at swing changes due to Superspeed. I'll also do a pre and updated ball flight look with driver at range.

As a great tutor once said, 'Take dead aim.'Kit: Taylor made M2 driver 9.5, 3w 15 & 3 hybrid 19, Ping crossover 3iron, pxg 0311 irons 5 through to wedge, Taylormade 50 & 60 wedges, Titleist vokey sm6 56 wedge, Scotty Cameron select Newport 2.5 putter, ball - Vice Pro +, Range / practice kit - skytrak and ipad.

Looking forward to hear your review.

While this is info is secondhand, my the facility my instructor teaches out of has the Swing Speed Radar the Superspeed guys sell.  According to him, the swingspeed consistently was registering 8mph slower than Trackman when using a Driver.    

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Looking forward to hear your review.

While this is info is secondhand, my the facility my instructor teaches out of has the Swing Speed Radar the Superspeed guys sell.  According to him, the swingspeed consistently was registering 8mph slower than Trackman when using a Driver.    

When the radar gun arrives I will also test this with SkyTrak. 

Right So here is a bit of pre superspeed information direct from SkyTrak.  I suppose the key is Club Head Speed and this averaged 98.27mph over 15 driver shots with a top speed of 105mph.  I have used the superspeed trainer for about a week now so I'm heading to the range to do a session and then hit 15 more drives so I will keep you posted.

Pre SuperSpeed Training.pdf

First Session over.  I've been doing the training for a week now and here are the results so far.Superspeed Training 1st Week Apr18.pdf

Happy with the results so far but the journey will be long I think.  The main improvements on club had speed on average of 6mph up to 104.5mph.  This means an increase in average carry distance of 19.2 yards.  Which is really encouraging. 

The top speed has only gone up by 2mph (up to 107mph) so far but as you can see the by the results the average is significantly higher so far.

What I would expect to happen with continued use is that the top speed (hopefully) creeps up above the 110mph and therefore the average sneeks up too.  I will continue to post.

I will also be doing a lot more core and general fitness / strength work.

Enjoy.

This is very intriguing, I have thought doing this as well, I'll be interested to see if you actually see a dramatic increase in distance once you get on the course

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I've been looking at this, I'll follow this post closely. Keep us updated!

Taylormade M2 9.5* w/ Ozik Matrix White Tie 60X5

Taylormade M2 3HL 16.5* w/ Taylormade Reax 67S

Srixon U65 3i (bent to 18*) w/ Miyazaki Kaula 7S

Titleist 816H2 23* w/ Diamana S+ Blue 70S

Titleist 714 AP2 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56. 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach 1

Taylormade TP5x

I will also be doing a lot more core and general fitness / strength work.

To my mind this is really THE key thing.

It was noted in an earlier post that the one fastest swing was way above the average. As a very average golfer myself, I can attest to the fact that this correlates to that "one shot that keeps us coming back".

But if you get fit .. and especially get _golf-fit_ ... then you will build a more solid (and strong) base upon which more of your swings can get closer to that good one.

FYI, And, yes - as a 62 y.o. and reasonably fit guy that's what I'm doing now .. in addition to regular workouts (aerobics, calisthenics, isometrics, conditioning, stretching, etc...) I'm working on golf-specific movements and exercises.

I'm finding that by being able to *move* better my swing speed is increasing. The instructor I'm working with, and whom I trust, told me speed-specific training follows after "functional" training.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Had my wife order this for me today.  Worth a try, I don't see how it can hurt.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Intrigued and can't wait to read your comments if it works to increase your swing speed and make you hit it further

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Looking forward to your thoughts and results. I decidrd to order this yesterday

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Had my wife order this for me today.  Worth a try, I don't see how it can hurt.

It can get your swing out of position and cause injury... So yeah... it can hurt :D 

It's very important to remember to stretch and warm up A LOT before using it.

For me it works best as part of gym routine. I do a lot of work on opening hips, rotational cuffs, lower back etc... during gym session and then fit the superspeed training in.

It can get your swing out of position and cause injury... So yeah... it can hurt :D

It's very important to remember to stretch and warm up A LOT before using it.

For me it works best as part of gym routine. I do a lot of work on opening hips, rotational cuffs, lower back etc... during gym session and then fit the superspeed training in.

I agree with what you are saying.  Like any physical activity, warm up and proper technique are critical to avoid injuries in the short and long term.

I read the information on their website and watched the videos to understand what is involved.  Most movements seem doable for me except the crow hop.  Always good to know your limits.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I plan on doing the sessions after my morning workouts.

It was cold this morning, so instead of hitting this course, I went to use the practice bay at the PGA superstore. The simulator said I was swinging my driver (on good swings) 98 to 100 mph. I could get up to 102, but no control. I have a membership, so I'll be using the simulator to measure swing speed progress.

I have been using the system for a little over a year and it has worked really well. Last summer my drives were a lot longer than the year before. I don't spend any time on launch monitors so I don't have exact numbers. Be patient with results it can take 6-8 weeks to see the additional speed on the course.

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

For those who want to follow another experiment, the guys at Tour Experience Golf are sharing a 12 week test of the system. There are a bunch of people on here that have found the TXG YouTube channel to be very informative and I for on am looking forward to seeing how the local MGS results play out as well as the one on TXG. Here is link to their intro video and how they plan on doing the experiment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5utwWF16s

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For those who want to follow another experiment, the guys at Tour Experience Golf are sharing a 12 week test of the system. There are a bunch of people on here that have found the TXG YouTube channel to be very informative and I for on am looking forward to seeing how the local MGS results play out as well as the one on TXG. Here is link to their intro video and how they plan on doing the experiment.

Just watched this .. well done and very interesting. One quote that caught my attention was: "We're preparing the body to swing faster." It looks to me like this is the real basis of the program .. as was mentioned in the video .. ie. conditioning the body.

Gonna look more into the exercises and training protocols on the SuperSpeedGolf site.

(and, hmmmmm, maybe now splurge on a set....?)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got my set yesterday, started today.  Not going to be a scientific type review (I don't have anything to measure swing speed), but I should be able to tell by on courser results in June if it's working.

If anything, it is giving me a reason to swing a "club" and build some of those muscles back up after winter layoff.

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Right So here is a bit of pre superspeed information direct from SkyTrak.  I suppose the key is Club Head Speed and this averaged 98.27mph over 15 driver shots with a top speed of 105mph.  I have used the superspeed trainer for about a week now so I'm heading to the range to do a session and then hit 15 more drives so I will keep you posted.

Im sure you know this already but if you have a radar you'd probably be better off using those numbers than skytrak, as you know skytrak calculates club head speed so that number isnt always safe with skytrak. best of luck in your quest to gain speed!

Taylormade Aeroburners Stiff Shat +1 Inch in length Standard Lie

Callaway XR 16 Pro 10.5 degree Stiff Shaft

Right-handed golfer here

KC, MO

22 Handicap

Skytrak User and on the TGC Tour! Look me up (same username)