Looking forward to your thoughts and results. I decidrd to order this yesterday

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone. I have recently purchased the Superspeedgolf.com training aids. The idea of this speed over training is to get your body to break through some swing speed barriers to add speed to your sw

Besides this thread there is a case study on the blog page as well as a review in the "official" review section.  Bottom line is that people in all three places are experiencing SS gains in keeping wi

@goaliewales14 that's a great question that we are often asked. The SuperSpeed drills work on increasing club head speed but also better sequencing of the swing. Typically one will see an increased sw

Had my wife order this for me today.  Worth a try, I don't see how it can hurt.

It can get your swing out of position and cause injury... So yeah... it can hurt :D 

It's very important to remember to stretch and warm up A LOT before using it.

For me it works best as part of gym routine. I do a lot of work on opening hips, rotational cuffs, lower back etc... during gym session and then fit the superspeed training in.

• Like 1

It can get your swing out of position and cause injury... So yeah... it can hurt :D

It's very important to remember to stretch and warm up A LOT before using it.

For me it works best as part of gym routine. I do a lot of work on opening hips, rotational cuffs, lower back etc... during gym session and then fit the superspeed training in.

I agree with what you are saying.  Like any physical activity, warm up and proper technique are critical to avoid injuries in the short and long term.

I read the information on their website and watched the videos to understand what is involved.  Most movements seem doable for me except the crow hop.  Always good to know your limits.

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I plan on doing the sessions after my morning workouts.

It was cold this morning, so instead of hitting this course, I went to use the practice bay at the PGA superstore. The simulator said I was swinging my driver (on good swings) 98 to 100 mph. I could get up to 102, but no control. I have a membership, so I'll be using the simulator to measure swing speed progress.

• Like 1

I have been using the system for a little over a year and it has worked really well. Last summer my drives were a lot longer than the year before. I don't spend any time on launch monitors so I don't have exact numbers. Be patient with results it can take 6-8 weeks to see the additional speed on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

For those who want to follow another experiment, the guys at Tour Experience Golf are sharing a 12 week test of the system. There are a bunch of people on here that have found the TXG YouTube channel to be very informative and I for on am looking forward to seeing how the local MGS results play out as well as the one on TXG. Here is link to their intro video and how they plan on doing the experiment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5utwWF16s

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For those who want to follow another experiment, the guys at Tour Experience Golf are sharing a 12 week test of the system. There are a bunch of people on here that have found the TXG YouTube channel to be very informative and I for on am looking forward to seeing how the local MGS results play out as well as the one on TXG. Here is link to their intro video and how they plan on doing the experiment.

Just watched this .. well done and very interesting. One quote that caught my attention was: "We're preparing the body to swing faster." It looks to me like this is the real basis of the program .. as was mentioned in the video .. ie. conditioning the body.

Gonna look more into the exercises and training protocols on the SuperSpeedGolf site.

(and, hmmmmm, maybe now splurge on a set....?)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Well I'm in. Bought a used set of these super speed trainers on eBay.

• Like 2

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Got my set yesterday, started today.  Not going to be a scientific type review (I don't have anything to measure swing speed), but I should be able to tell by on courser results in June if it's working.

If anything, it is giving me a reason to swing a "club" and build some of those muscles back up after winter layoff.

• Like 2

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Right So here is a bit of pre superspeed information direct from SkyTrak.  I suppose the key is Club Head Speed and this averaged 98.27mph over 15 driver shots with a top speed of 105mph.  I have used the superspeed trainer for about a week now so I'm heading to the range to do a session and then hit 15 more drives so I will keep you posted.

Im sure you know this already but if you have a radar you'd probably be better off using those numbers than skytrak, as you know skytrak calculates club head speed so that number isnt always safe with skytrak. best of luck in your quest to gain speed!

Taylormade Aeroburners Stiff Shat +1 Inch in length Standard Lie

Callaway XR 16 Pro 10.5 degree Stiff Shaft

Right-handed golfer here

KC, MO

22 Handicap

Skytrak User and on the TGC Tour! Look me up (same username)

I'm curious to see how this goes.  I know one of my biggest issues is trying to kill it instead of making a golf shot.  If this product does actually work and increases your swing speed, will it impact the accuracy/consistency of your shots?

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

• 1 month later...

So I've been on travel for business 9/10 weeks so haven't had a chance to do anything with the swing speed. Should be slowing down in the next couple weeks so going to start this back up. Will report back in a month or so

• Like 1

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

I'm very interested in your results.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 6 months later...

@goaliewales14 that's a great question that we are often asked. The SuperSpeed drills work on increasing club head speed but also better sequencing of the swing. Typically one will see an increased swing speed with either better accuracy or accuracy will stay the same. If one is having issues after we encourage them to do some face control and impact location drills which can clean it up quickly. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone for their posts here. Feel free to ask any questions to us directly and we will answer them.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my set for Christmas and just finished the first week. Saw a pretty big jump in speed from day 1 to day 2. The day 3 numbers were a little mixed but closer to day 2. Has anyone else seen that immediate increase?

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Rossie

55 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

Got my set for Christmas and just finished the first week. Saw a pretty big jump in speed from day 1 to day 2. The day 3 numbers were a little mixed but closer to day 2. Has anyone else seen that immediate increase?

Starting my protocol on 1/1/19, so I'll let you know. I'll document my journey in here so I don't flood the official test. Or maybe I should so readers have a more condensed library of information? Time to reach out to the MOD SQUAD!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

So.....for everyone who has used these....do these things work?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Starting my protocol on 1/1/19, so I'll let you know. I'll document my journey in here so I don't flood the official test. Or maybe I should so readers have a more condensed library of information? Time to reach out to the MOD SQUAD!
Looking forward to hearing your journey. Definitely something I want to do in the next few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

I'm curious to see how this goes.  I know one of my biggest issues is trying to kill it instead of making a golf shot.  If this product does actually work and increases your swing speed, will it impact the accuracy/consistency of your shots?
From what I've read and heard, most often yes. It helps with timing and because you are gaining speed, you could back off a little and hit further than what you had been with better consistency. All depends on the Archer and your swing mechanics though too.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")

[mention=60807]goaliewales14[/mention] that's a great question that we are often asked. The SuperSpeed drills work on increasing club head speed but also better sequencing of the swing. Typically one will see an increased swing speed with either better accuracy or accuracy will stay the same. If one is having issues after we encourage them to do some face control and impact location drills which can clean it up quickly. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone for their posts here. Feel free to ask any questions to us directly and we will answer them.

Think it's great you guys are involved in the for unstable, and willing to answer questions.

I also think, the main reason you are doing this is to gain speed in general and that's what they are primarily for.

From what I've read and heard, most often yes. It helps with timing and because you are gaining speed, you could back off a little and hit further than what you had been with better consistency. All depends on the Archer and your swing mechanics though too.