Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge: Full Bag Edition-Pre Chatter

Golfspy_CG2

Maybe Gregarccos can chime in and clarify. I just read how the Arccos sensor actually works on their website. It is an impact sensor and has a bluetooth connection to the phone. Each sensor is an individual device registered to your phone so when you hit a shot the app knows which club you hit i.e. when you pair each sensor you name the club 4, 5, 6 etc. Maybe the music problem is actually a device limitation because I was streaming music through bluetooth to my airpods. Might have too many bluetooth devices at the same time which limits the streaming. 

Our 360 sensors communicate to the phone via the phone's microphone. Unfortunately Apple does not allow multiple devices to use the microphone at once, so if you are on the phone while using Arccos it will not detect shots. Apple also restricts the ability to stream music while we are using the microphone. From a technical standpoint this shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately due to the OS restriction, we are unable to develop around this.

The gen-1 sensors do communicate to the phone via bluetooth, but since they don't use the microphone you can stream music with these sensors. But again the embedded sensors in the Cobra Connect clubs, are our 2nd generation Arccos 360 sensors. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our 360 sensors communicate to the phone via the phone's microphone. Unfortunately Apple does not allow multiple devices to use the microphone at once, so if you are on the phone while using Arccos it will not detect shots. Apple also restricts the ability to stream music while we are using the microphone. From a technical standpoint this shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately due to the OS restriction, we are unable to develop around this.

The gen-1 sensors do communicate to the phone via bluetooth, but since they don't use the microphone you can stream music with these sensors. But again the embedded sensors in the Cobra Connect clubs, are our 2nd generation Arccos 360 sensors.

Greg - Thanks for the great info you're providing. This will really help us with our reviews.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Question for Greg. How long do the sensors stay on when they are not upside down? When you practice putting or a range session with primary one club should the sensor be removed?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Question for Greg. How long do the sensors stay on when they are not upside down? When you practice putting or a range session with primary one club should the sensor be removed?

Mooremikea - the sensors activate via UV light, so if they are out of the bag e.g. at the range they will be advertising the whole time. For a normal warm up before the round I would not be concerned as they really do not use much battery. However, if you are doing frequent extended range sessions with the same club, you might want to consider carrying a roll of black electrical tape with you. If you cover the sensor from the light it won't advertise, this is likely easier than screwing the sensor off/on constantly and risk putting them back on the wrong club. But it's really up to you.

HardcoreLooper - I'm happy to help!

After a less-than-stellar first experience with my fitting at Golf Galaxy, I returned to the store the following day to talk with the manager. I explained what had happened and what I needed to get out of the fitting. I told him that I expected one of two things:

1. To get a fitting that would leave me with some confidence that the specs I had were right for me.

- or -

2. A refund, because I had little or no confidence in my first fitting.

The manager (Nathaniel) then apologized and told me that he'd fit me himself. Golf is all about recovering from mistakes, so I wanted to give him a chance.

We started out using the Mizuno shaft optimizer, and after a couple of swings it pointed us toward the Nippon Modus 105 S flex. Nathaniel stuck this into the F8 seven iron, and it really felt great. Very similar to what I have in my old Mizuno MX-200s. After about 10 shots, we took a look at the numbers and confirmed that this was the shaft for me. A couple of shots with impact tape and a sharpie line on the ball showed us that I should be using clubs with a standard lie angle, instead of the 2* flat I have in my current clubs.

Then we moved to the driver. We started out with the F8 plus, and while we liked the numbers I was getting with the Aldila NV 60 (S flex), it was just too hard to control for me. I dropped a few bombs (well, bombs for me at least), but I hit a bunch of really ugly balls as well. He really wanted to see me hit the F8, but the demo head was nowhere to be found. Finally we found out that someone had cracked the only demo head they had. Nathaniel commented that Cobra does not give them a ton of demo equipment to keep on hand. But since I was working with the manager, he was nice enough to grab an F8 off the rack and tape it up to let me hit it. I'm glad he did. The regular F8 spins a little more, but it's much friendlier to hit. Even with the little bit of added spin, it's still in the mid-2000s and much better than my R11 and 913.

I hit the 19* hybrid, and it felt good, a little easier to hit than my old Hogan CFT. We talked about the configuration of my bag, and to my surprise, he recommended that I carry the four iron and only one hybrid, because the four is pretty easy to launch. There's quite a bit of technology brought to bear in these things, so I'm ready to give that four iron a shot (pun intended).

Mix in a fairway wood set to the four wood loft with the NV 60 S shaft, and my specs are set. GG may have driven it into the trees with my first fitting, but they recovered nicely from it and saved par. I am incredibly excited to get my new set made up.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

After a less-than-stellar first experience with my fitting at Golf Galaxy, I returned to the store the following day to talk with the manager. I explained what had happened and what I needed to get out of the fitting. I told him that I expected one of two things:

1. To get a fitting that would leave me with some confidence that the specs I had were right for me.

- or -

The manager (Nathaniel) then apologized and told me that he'd fit me himself. Golf is all about recovering from mistakes, so I wanted to give him a chance.

We started out using the Mizuno shaft optimizer, and after a couple of swings it pointed us toward the Nippon Modus 105 S flex. Nathaniel stuck this into the F8 seven iron, and it really felt great. Very similar to what I have in my old Mizuno MX-200s. After about 10 shots, we took a look at the numbers and confirmed that this was the shaft for me. A couple of shots with impact tape and a sharpie line on the ball showed us that I should be using clubs with a standard lie angle, instead of the 2* flat I have in my current clubs.

Then we moved to the driver. We started out with the F8 plus, and while we liked the numbers I was getting with the Aldila NV 60 (S flex), it was just too hard to control for me. I dropped a few bombs (well, bombs for me at least), but I hit a bunch of really ugly balls as well. He really wanted to see me hit the F8, but the demo head was nowhere to be found. Finally we found out that someone had cracked the only demo head they had. Nathaniel commented that Cobra does not give them a ton of demo equipment to keep on hand. But since I was working with the manager, he was nice enough to grab an F8 off the rack and tape it up to let me hit it. I'm glad he did. The regular F8 spins a little more, but it's much friendlier to hit. Even with the little bit of added spin, it's still in the mid-2000s and much better than my R11 and 913.

I hit the 19* hybrid, and it felt good, a little easier to hit than my old Hogan CFT. We talked about the configuration of my bag, and to my surprise, he recommended that I carry the four iron and only one hybrid, because the four is pretty easy to launch. There's quite a bit of technology brought to bear in these things, so I'm ready to give that four iron a shot (pun intended).

Mix in a fairway wood set to the four wood loft with the NV 60 S shaft, and my specs are set. GG may have driven it into the trees with my first fitting, but they recovered nicely from it and saved par. I am incredibly excited to get my new set made up.

I love my Modus 105! Congrats dude I'm excited for you and I'm sure the rest of the MGS fam is as well!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Very nice wite up Hardcore.. I hope to get in and get fit Thursday. . I'll update as soon as I get fit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I've also heard that you can't use a bluetooth speaker while using it as well. Not that it's a huge issue, just something to note for those who like their music.

editing this to point out the fact that I'm an idiot and someone already noted that above. I'll see myself out.

Haha awesome

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

- or -

Good stuff. Glad to hear the Manager made things right.

I had the Modus shafts in a previous set and liked them alot.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Mooremikea - the sensors activate via UV light, so if they are out of the bag e.g. at the range they will be advertising the whole time. For a normal warm up before the round I would not be concerned as they really do not use much battery. However, if you are doing frequent extended range sessions with the same club, you might want to consider carrying a roll of black electrical tape with you. If you cover the sensor from the light it won't advertise, this is likely easier than screwing the sensor off/on constantly and risk putting them back on the wrong club. But it's really up to you.

HardcoreLooper - I'm happy to help!

So the advice I gave earlier about carrying your clubs upside down is outdated?  I remember reading this on your web site was this advice true for the 1st gen bluetooth sensors?  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

So the advice I gave earlier about carrying your clubs upside down is outdated?  I remember reading this on your web site was this advice true for the 1st gen bluetooth sensors?  

mooremikea - yes this is true for our gen-1 sensors. When the sensors were turned upside down it would keep the sensors from advertising.

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today!  Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs!  Thanks again to  MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today! Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs! Thanks again to MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

Nice, enjoy! It is certainly fun to play around with and look at the data.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today! Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs! Thanks again to MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

Awesome!

Has everyone posted their social media links so we can follow? I haven't seen them some place obvious. Maybe a mod could pin a post with everyone's info?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Awesome!

Has everyone posted their social media links so we can follow? I haven't seen them some place obvious. Maybe a mod could pin a post with everyone's info?

Max - Check our sigs. I think we've all put our social media profiles in our sigs.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Well, I have installed the sensors (nothing like installing it at 11:00PM at night, LOL :)).  The sensors seemed to be fairly durable but I would caution anyone screwing them in to take their time as the screw piece is made of plastic.  It took me approximately 30 minutes to unbox and install the 14 sensors provided.  Another 30 minutes to pair all the clubs.  That 30 minute pairing included downloading the app (which I did previously and took all of 10 seconds), and pairing 13 clubs, and unpairing and re-pairing 3 clubs (not the smartest idea to pair while watching a replay of the Masters, LOL).  I re-paired the Driver as I somehow missed that pairing, the 3W which paired as the driver and the putter because I wasn't watching the pairing screen indicating what I should be pairing.  It's pretty simple to pair as the App automatically moves to the next club to be paired (which may of been why I missed the driver).  Kudos to Arccos for making it easy to do. I'm all set to test this out and start getting a baseline.

I have photos to share which I'll do tomorrow through the pre-cobra thread and instagram.  Looking forward to testing Arccos 360 out tomorrow during league!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Well, I have installed the sensors (nothing like installing it at 11:00PM at night, LOL :)). The sensors seemed to be fairly durable but I would caution anyone screwing them in to take their time as the screw piece is made of plastic. It took me approximately 30 minutes to unbox and install the 14 sensors provided. Another 30 minutes to pair all the clubs. That 30 minute pairing included downloading the app (which I did previously and took all of 10 seconds), and pairing 13 clubs, and unpairing and re-pairing 3 clubs (not the smartest idea to pair while watching a replay of the Masters, LOL). I re-paired the Driver as I somehow missed that pairing, the 3W which paired as the driver and the putter because I wasn't watching the pairing screen indicating what I should be pairing. It's pretty simple to pair as the App automatically moves to the next club to be paired (which may of been why I missed the driver). Kudos to Arccos for making it easy to do. I'm all set to test this out and start getting a baseline.

I have photos to share which I'll do tomorrow through the pre-cobra thread and instagram. Looking forward to testing Arccos 360 out tomorrow during league!

MDGolfHacker

Great to hear! I raced home today in the hopes mine were here... negative

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Great to hear! I raced home today in the hopes mine were here... negative

Hopefully you're only a day or two behind our delivery!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Max - Check our sigs. I think we've all put our social media profiles in our sigs.

I hadn't noticed, thanks. Sigs don't show up on mobile app, which is what I happened to be on at the time I posted that.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Great write up thus far guys - very excited to see how this plays out.  

One of the cooler giveaways in a while

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Awesome!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker

Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Can you guys post at the top in the Thread a Current WITB and a Proposed/Ordered WITB of your new Cobra gear?

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

First 9 holes out with the Arccos system so I thought i'd give you guys a teaser...

But first : System setup

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V

Android version 7.0

Temperature at the start of the 9 hole league: ~57*

Temperature after 7 holes: ~49* but with a cold wind made it feel more like 39*

At the start of the league round, the Galaxy S7 had 100% battery life and the Arccos 360 App was started. GregArccos, the representative from Arccos had notified me that my phone is one of the phones that use a lot of battery life but should be able to get through 18 holes at a minimum.  To combat this, I brought along a few external battery packs just in case.  What I didn't bring though, was a USB cable that would allow fast charging.  Why is this important ?  I'll let you know here later in my narrative. 

It's the first night of league so I expected the 9 holes to be slow...and it was slooww... 2 hours and 45 minutes slow (part of the issue was that the course shoved everyone playing on only 9 holes out of the 18 allocated for league play).

I put my phone in the right front pocket (as I'm a lefty and for your right handed players it would be in your left front pocket) and after a while didn't notice the bulk of the phone in my pocket which allayed one of my concerns.

Arccos 360 App: 

The app is similar to a lot of the other apps out there for GPS and distance information.  But, there literally is no need to take the phone out of your pocket except to get yardages as all the swing, distance, putt, scoring information is automatically recorded so you can review it at a later time exactly where you hit your drive or mis-hit your shot :D  How accurate is the system ?  Fairly accurate but there were some shots that it didn't pick up so I had to edit it on the fly (particularly on putts), but Arccos thought of this as they have a +/- button at the button to address missed putts.  Since it was my first time out with it, I didn't know how to edit the hole for a couple penalty shots I incurred by being to aggressive on a par 3 with water in the front :(  Also, it did not pickup a lateral drop I had to take off the tee or the subsequent hybrid shot I took so it lumped that all together as part of my 394 yard drive ( :lol:  :D ).  There is going to be a learning curve with the Arccos, but well worth it for stat tracking purposes.  I'll post a picture or two here of the screens.

Now, for the bad part.  Again, this would of possibly have been mitigated if I had brought a fast charging cable.  After 4 holes of slow league play, I was at 39% battery life on my phone!  The cable I brought wasn't able to supply enough power from the battery to overcome the battery drain from the GPS/App. It got to the point where the phone simply died which meant the Arccos app did not record the last hole of the round (incidentally my best hole of the round, LOL).  There was some serious discussions among our group on how I was going to incorporate Arccos for a 54 hole one day tourney I'm playing in June if the phone can't even make it 9 holes. I'll test it out next week with a fast charging cable and see if that helps. 

Overall, I like the app and the potential for stat tracking.  I thought I also drove the ball a bit further too, but numbers don't lie, LOL. 

Attached are some photos and screen shots of the sensors and app.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

MDGolfHacker

20180410_231700.jpg

20180410_232007.jpg

20180410_232432.jpg

Screenshot_20180412-092533.png

Screenshot_20180412-092557.png

Screenshot_20180412-092617.png

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Can you guys post at the top in the Thread a Current WITB and a Proposed/Ordered WITB of your new Cobra gear?

Oaks - I'll post both current and new WITB once I get the specs hammered out for the new Cobra Gear!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

This is how the sensor fits on my EVNRoll.

IMG_0214.JPG

Will it work?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

First 9 holes out with the Arccos system so I thought i'd give you guys a teaser...

But first : System setup

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V

Android version 7.0

Temperature at the start of the 9 hole league: ~57*

Temperature after 7 holes: ~49* but with a cold wind made it feel more like 39*

At the start of the league round, the Galaxy S7 had 100% battery life and the Arccos 360 App was started. GregArccos, the representative from Arccos had notified me that my phone is one of the phones that use a lot of battery life but should be able to get through 18 holes at a minimum. To combat this, I brought along a few external battery packs just in case. What I didn't bring though, was a USB cable that would allow fast charging. Why is this important ? I'll let you know here later in my narrative.

It's the first night of league so I expected the 9 holes to be slow...and it was slooww... 2 hours and 45 minutes slow (part of the issue was that the course shoved everyone playing on only 9 holes out of the 18 allocated for league play).

I put my phone in the right front pocket (as I'm a lefty and for your right handed players it would be in your left front pocket) and after a while didn't notice the bulk of the phone in my pocket which allayed one of my concerns.

Arccos 360 App:

The app is similar to a lot of the other apps out there for GPS and distance information. But, there literally is no need to take the phone out of your pocket except to get yardages as all the swing, distance, putt, scoring information is automatically recorded so you can review it at a later time exactly where you hit your drive or mis-hit your shot :D How accurate is the system ? Fairly accurate but there were some shots that it didn't pick up so I had to edit it on the fly (particularly on putts), but Arccos thought of this as they have a +/- button at the button to address missed putts. Since it was my first time out with it, I didn't know how to edit the hole for a couple penalty shots I incurred by being to aggressive on a par 3 with water in the front :( Also, it did not pickup a lateral drop I had to take off the tee or the subsequent hybrid shot I took so it lumped that all together as part of my 394 yard drive ( :D ). There is going to be a learning curve with the Arccos, but well worth it for stat tracking purposes. I'll post a picture or two here of the screens.

Now, for the bad part. Again, this would of possibly have been mitigated if I had brought a fast charging cable. After 4 holes of slow league play, I was at 39% battery life on my phone! The cable I brought wasn't able to supply enough power from the battery to overcome the battery drain from the GPS/App. It got to the point where the phone simply died which meant the Arccos app did not record the last hole of the round (incidentally my best hole of the round, LOL). There was some serious discussions among our group on how I was going to incorporate Arccos for a 54 hole one day tourney I'm playing in June if the phone can't even make it 9 holes. I'll test it out next week with a fast charging cable and see if that helps.

Overall, I like the app and the potential for stat tracking. I thought I also drove the ball a bit further too, but numbers don't lie, LOL.

Attached are some photos and screen shots of the sensors and app. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

MDGolfHacker

attachicon.gif20180410_231700.jpg

attachicon.gif20180410_232007.jpg

attachicon.gif20180410_232432.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180412-092533.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180412-092557.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180412-092617.png

I had the exact same issue on my Samsung phone last year and ended up returning the Arccos system after two weeks. It sucks you have to even think about bringing along external batteries. Hope they help figure something out for you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

This is how the sensor fits on my EVNRoll.

attachicon.gifIMG_0214.JPG

Will it work?

There shouldn't be an issue with the putter sensor on that grip, just make sure to tighten the sensor down as much as possible. If it is sitting loose on the top, the vibrations sent from the putter to the sensor through the grip may be softened slightly.

Just to follow up on the S7 battery issues. We have made significant battery optimizations to our Android platform in recent updates submitted over the last 2 months. A typical Samsung S8 on the latest build will use approximately 3.1% battery per hole, or 55% over an 18 hole round. Unfortunately our data shows the S7 phones to use on average 4.5% battery per hole (or 81% over 18 holes). Since this is an average there are some users who will use much more than that, which is why I recommend a charger if using this phone with Arccos.

We do believe this is a phone specific issue and likely due to the battery issues the S7 line of phones have faced, as there are many reports of these issues online. Older phones such as the S5 and S6 will perform better than an S7 as long as the battery is not at the end of it's lifecycle. With that being said, our Android team is still doing research to see if there is anything that can be done on our end to fix the issues with the S7.

Just to follow up on the S7 battery issues. We have made significant battery optimizations to our Android platform in recent updates submitted over the last 2 months. A typical Samsung S8 on the latest build will use approximately 3.1% battery per hole, or 55% over an 18 hole round. Unfortunately our data shows the S7 phones to use on average 4.5% battery per hole (or 81% over 18 holes). Since this is an average there are some users who will use much more than that, which is why I recommend a charger if using this phone with Arccos.

We do believe this is a phone specific issue and likely due to the battery issues the S7 line of phones have faced, as there are many reports of these issues online. Older phones such as the S5 and S6 will perform better than an S7 as long as the battery is not at the end of it's lifecycle. With that being said, our Android team is still doing research to see if there is anything that can be done on our end to fix the issues with the S7.

Greg:

No worries. As I said, if I had brought the quick charge cable then i probably would have made it through the round albeit having to charge in between holes here and there. I'll test it again when I go out to play. Still love the concept and app!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

So the arccos system has me curious. Since it registers the club's motion and relationship to your phone how does it know what's a practice swing and what's the real deal?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Archived