Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

#CobraCONNECT Challenge: Full Bag Edition-Pre Chatter

Golfspy_CG2

Well MD, at least you stuck it close on that one green you hit.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well MD, at least you stuck it close on that one green you hit.

Just a really off day. I even felt the swing wasn't all together there. The numbers just confirmed it, lol.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Hey MD, I did not realize the stats were that extensive. I only looked at a couple screens.....will have to review my rounds again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This is how the sensor fits on my EVNRoll.

attachicon.gifIMG_0214.JPG

Will it work?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I got h9me from my nutrition group today and went to pull the EVNRoll out of the bag........Nope, Not Coming, once again, the sensor got stuck and popped off when I removed my putter. I was told the grip weighed 117 grams, but the Same grip from Winn (WinnPro X 1.18) is only 54 grams. That means that 61 grams of weight was added to the grip before it was installed. Probably because the 33” putter has a heavier head and must be balanced. I poked a thin awl into the Hole and , sure enough, there is a plate just under the butt end that prevents a screw from penetrating.

Looks like I am gonna have to replace the grip that matches the putter. I am thinking about the Golf Pride Pistol grip Tour SNSR which is red..

https://www.golfpride.com/toursnsr/library/img/img-tech-vertical-contour-16.png

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Hey MD, I did not realize the stats were that extensive. I only looked at a couple screens.....will have to review my rounds again.

Yep... Just click on the stats link where arccos lists your rounds. Scroll down for the stats. Even keeps track of how long you played.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

So here goes.......again.....I looked at the grip and decided that before I do anything else, I'm gonna call EVNROLL.....so sure enough, I called, selected Customer Service, and got Justin on the line.  He's the guy that answered my previous email...Once he determined that my grip was an original grip they used to use, he stated there was a 30 gram counterbalance weight in the butt end as my ER6 was a 33" and uses the 385 gram head. Walla! I knew it! So now, they use a different grip that is heavier and does not need the counterbalance weight....Wanting to keep my ER6 looking good, and not wanting to cut the screw off the sensor, I decided to order the replacement grip, so now it is on the way.  It is solid red versus the original red/grey.  BTW, Justin is sending me a replacement for the ball marker that I lost last year.....Thanks much Justin @EVNROLL!

Now I can sleep at night.....LOL

Glad they got you sorted Foz!

Also, the stats that arccos gives you is pretty crazy. Hopefully the tech advances and one day we don't need to crush our phone batteries to use it. A watch or bracelet would be sick!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My second round with Arccos today. I'm still writing down my shots, but I'm not so sure I need to keep doing it. It's doing a good enough job that I can drop back to keeping track of my score and putts.

I think I am going to need to start tracking my length of first putt, because Arccos doesn't really seem to know where the hole is. And if the hole location isn't accurate, it screws up your stats. I half-bladed one out of a bunker with barely any sand, leaving myself about 60 feet from the hole. Arccos thought I was just a couple of feet away. Arccos uses length of first putt in its assessment of your sand game.

Manually tracking my first putt length isn't such a big deal for me, as I pace off all of my longer putts due to lousy depth perception.

In other news, it looks like they've fixed the putt-to-chip functionality in the web dashboard.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Now if I could just figure out how to record a putt from off the green......

Now if I could just figure out how to record a putt from off the green......

Foz - What seems to be the issue? I use my putter all over the place and Arccos picks it up with no issue. I go into the editor and tell it that it was a chip and not a putt to keep my putting stats accurate.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Foz - What seems to be the issue? I use my putter all over the place and Arccos picks it up with no issue. I go into the editor and tell it that it was a chip and not a putt to keep my putting stats accurate.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I did not know how to do.......will try that on Tuesday.

My second round with Arccos today. I'm still writing down my shots, but I'm not so sure I need to keep doing it. It's doing a good enough job that I can drop back to keeping track of my score and putts.

I think I am going to need to start tracking my length of first putt, because Arccos doesn't really seem to know where the hole is. And if the hole location isn't accurate, it screws up your stats. I half-bladed one out of a bunker with barely any sand, leaving myself about 60 feet from the hole. Arccos thought I was just a couple of feet away. Arccos uses length of first putt in its assessment of your sand game.

Manually tracking my first putt length isn't such a big deal for me, as I pace off all of my longer putts due to lousy depth perception.

In other news, it looks like they've fixed the putt-to-chip functionality in the web dashboard.

Hi HardcoreLooper,

We use an algorithm that takes into account a few different things (e.g., location of first putt, distance of previous shot, etc.) to determine flag location on the green. Basically if you take 1 putt, it is really just a guess, however once you take 2 putts it gets much more accurate, and 3 or more putts it would be spot on.

If necessary, it is pretty easy to manually adjust flag location in the app. Just click 'Edit' -> tap on the Putt shot tag on the green -> it will zoom into the green and you can move the flag or the first putt location around as necessary -> then click 'Done'

See link below for a video:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/6eftZ6lBWXrvEjan7mkuaTIfXtJ854Ji#/lessons/AeThNQ0Fr58mVNZEOQpacyNVrl4-3qps?_k=hq2czq

Hi HardcoreLooper,

We use an algorithm that takes into account a few different things (e.g., location of first putt, distance of previous shot, etc.) to determine flag location on the green. Basically if you take 1 putt, it is really just a guess, however once you take 2 putts it gets much more accurate, and 3 or more putts it would be spot on.

If necessary, it is pretty easy to manually adjust flag location in the app. Just click 'Edit' -> tap on the Putt shot tag on the green -> it will zoom into the green and you can move the flag or the first putt location around as necessary -> then click 'Done'

See link below for a video:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/6eftZ6lBWXrvEjan7mkuaTIfXtJ854Ji#/lessons/AeThNQ0Fr58mVNZEOQpacyNVrl4-3qps?_k=hq2czq

So what you're saying is.... every time we 3-putt we can say we did it for Arccos? Thanks, I needed that excuse!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I just paired up my 13 clubs, and it literally took like 3 minuets.

IMG_1779.JPG

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

IMG_1779.JPG

Awesome to hear this! It would of PROBABLY have taken this short amount of time had I not been watching the masters and doing a couple of other things for the review at the same time, lol😁. Interested in hearing your thoughts on the Arccos so chime in when you get your first round in!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

attachicon.gifIMG_1779.JPG

That is a nice looking bag.  I love the black irons and wedges. 

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Just played rounds 3 and 4 with Arccos this weekend. And it's to be expected that after hitting the Peak of Inflated Expectations, I'm sliding down a bit.

mooc1.png

Gartner's Technology Hype Cycle

Maybe not into the Trough of Disillusionment, but I'm starting to find things that annoy me.

1. You absolutely must correct your first putt distance to get decent stats. Arccos's guess at flag location is just not all that good most of the time.

2. The inability to mark a shot as a recovery really inflates your driving stats. I've hit more than my fair share of drives over these four rounds into positions that require a punch-out, and Arccos has marked all of them as good or fair drives.

3. Arccos seems to mark layups as approach shots. I have a few 200+ yard "approach" shots that have finished 110 yards short.

That being said, I'm still really liking it. I don't expect #1 to change. Honestly, it's OK. But unless I'm missing something. 2 and 3 are serious shortcomings. Less expensive solutions handle 2 and 3 better than Arccos right now. These shouldn't be hard to correct. I appreciate that Arccos is trying to use machine learning to handle these situations, but they should still give us manual input to correct the data, and ideally their algorithms should learn from this manual input to get better.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

mooc1.png

Gartner's Technology Hype Cycle[/center]

Makes me think of work, only post golf related things.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

OK guys clubs started showing up over the weekend, I got Irons, Driver, 3W, and hybrid.. Still waiting for the rest... Will load pictures as soon as I can..

They look amazing.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Makes me think of work, only post golf related things.

That's right... you're in IT as well, aren't you?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

OK guys clubs started showing up over the weekend, I got Irons, Driver, 3W, and hybrid.. Still waiting for the rest... Will load pictures as soon as I can..

They look amazing.. 

That's awesome!  Me on the other hand...

nothing.gif

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

That's awesome! Me on the other hand...

Same for me.....

However, I did get a replacement grip for my EVNRoll ER6 so I can mount the Arccoss sensor to my putter.

Image1525110792.153116.jpg

The original was lighter material and had a 30 gram counterbalance weight. The replacement is heavier and does not require the counterbalance weight.

That's right... you're in IT as well, aren't you?

Yep. And let's not drag out the magic quadrant charts either so we can choose our clubs by which quadrant they fall into.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I took my new putter grip and my EVNRoll putter to Dicks, just 2 miles from my house. When I got my putter back with the new grip installed, the shaft pointed to my left hip. Well, the Dick's Manager either bent or partially pulled my EVNROLL shaft today. He said they would fix it tonight and I will get it back tomorrow. Can you believe it? I was hoping to use it tomorrow morning and was excited. However, I almost threw up.....I mean, when I noticed the forward lean on the shaft my stomach curdled. I did tell him that there was another option, they could get me a new EVNRoll putter, but I doubt they will. I will have a sleepless night tonight, for sure.

I took my new putter grip and my EVNRoll putter to Dicks, just 2 miles from my house. When I got my putter back with the new grip installed, the shaft pointed to my left hip. Well, the Dick's Manager either bent or partially pulled my EVNROLL shaft today. He said they would fix it tonight and I will get it back tomorrow. Can you believe it? I was hoping to use it tomorrow morning and was excited. However, I almost threw up.....I mean, when I noticed the forward lean on the shaft my stomach curdled. I did tell him that there was another option, they could get me a new EVNRoll putter, but I doubt they will. I will have a sleepless night tonight, for sure.

Sorry to hear this, Foz. I just don't get how people do terrible, shoddy work, and then pass it off hoping no one's going to notice. I hope it all gets straightened out, literally and metaphorically.

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

That's not good, considering it was just a grip change. ☹️ Hope it works out for you Foz.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

attachicon.gifIMG_1779.JPG

Have you had a chance to hit those Forged Tec Blacks yet? What do u think?

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Sorry to hear about your putter.  I think the bigger problem is that they handed you back the putter and hoped you wouldn't notice the problem.  Hope they get it right for you.

I'm always hesitant about doing anything with dicks anymore sorry to hear this Foz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived