Golfspy_CG2

#CobraCONNECT Challenge: Full Bag Edition-Pre Chatter

Wow where to start.. As someone who has always tested and bought what felt good this should be amazing.. I went and looked at what I currently had in my bag and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.. I need to really decide how I want to configure my bag now.. But might have other ideas after getting fit.. 

I'm thinking Stick with the same set-up.. 

Driver 

3 wd.

2 hybrids a 19* and 22* 

5-Gw irons 

54* and 58 * wedges

With the driver and 3wd being as adjustable as they are that would give me consistent gaping between all clubs.. I think I'll be leaning on Foz for some guidance in this area as he has knowledge of the Cobra clubs and testing.. 

Dave

• Like 3

There seems to be quite a bit of concern with having the phone in your front pocket. I have used Arccos a year and never had an issue with having my phone in my pocket. It is a iPhone 6s so in the middle range of phone size. I also put on a more protective case to keep the phone protected from the dirt and sand on the course.

• Like 3

How does the Arccos work with putting? Do you just enter in 2 putts or what ever you got? How about wedges, sand shots, bump and runs, flops, or full shots?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How does the Arccos work with putting? Do you just enter in 2 putts or what ever you got? How about wedges, sand shots, bump and runs, flops, or full shots?

I'll let you know in a about a week hopefully!!

• Like 3

I'll let you know in a about a week hopefully!!

It does track putts somehow. In fact, it wants you to properly address tap-ins so they are properly logged.

• Like 2

You will receive an extra sensor for your putter, it is solid black, the normal ones are green. If the sensor does not register a putt there is a +/- button to add or subtract putts. It misses a lot of putts in my case but does well picking up chips, bump and runs and sand shots. When you use a hybrid for example to bump and run it will automatically add it as a chip and not a full shot so it won't impact your total club average yardage. Lastly, you must have a putter connected to use the +/- option to add putts. If you do not it assumes 2 putts most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Wedgie did a great job explaining the putting.  My experience matches his fairly closely.  Putting is the place I did the most shot editing, mostly adding putts.   The rest of the round the system does a great job.  One tip for everyone is to carry your clubs grip end down when you are around the greens or carrying multiple clubs to hit a shot.  When they are grip end down the sensor is turned off so if the clubs bump together it won't record a shot.  

• Like 6

Wedgie did a great job explaining the putting.  My experience matches his fairly closely.  Putting is the place I did the most shot editing, mostly adding putts.   The rest of the round the system does a great job.  One tip for everyone is to carry your clubs grip end down when you are around the greens or carrying multiple clubs to hit a shot.  When they are grip end down the sensor is turned off so if the clubs bump together it won't record a shot.  

Great tip! 

• Like 1

You will receive an extra sensor for your putter, it is solid black, the normal ones are green. If the sensor does not register a putt there is a +/- button to add or subtract putts. It misses a lot of putts in my case but does well picking up chips, bump and runs and sand shots. When you use a hybrid for example to bump and run it will automatically add it as a chip and not a full shot so it won't impact your total club average yardage. Lastly, you must have a putter connected to use the +/- option to add putts. If you do not it assumes 2 putts most of the time.

Thanks that makes sense

Hi Everyone,

My name is Greg Dorval and I run the Customer Experience team at Arccos Golf. This sounds like an awesome challenge and I am happy to help answer any questions around Arccos as they arise. If there are any outstanding questions at the moment that haven't been answered yet, just let me know!

Greg

Thanks Greg.

I didn't get picked for this, but I did order a full set of Cobras. So how do I go about getting a sensor for my putter?

The new line of Cobra F8 irons come standard with embedded sensors. Along with each set of irons, comes a box of 7 screw-in sensors (1 putter sensor, and 6 regular sensors). This will allow you to outfit your entire bag of 14 clubs with Arccos sensors.

• Like 4

This is a great post. Will be interesting to follow along.

I have an arccos that Puma sent me, not for the contest, and I have never used phone in front pocket with it. How much does it effect it if I use it in my back pocket instead?

Any of the testers have feedback on that?

Hi alafollette,

The Arccos Gen-1 sensors communicate via bluetooth and can be used in the back pocket with no issue. The 2nd generation 360 sensors communicate via high frequency from the sensor to the microphone in the phone. If the phone is in the back pocket, there is high likelihood that communication from the sensor will not reach the phone as it will be blocked by the body which will cause missed shots.

• Like 4

Hopefully this helps you guys. I have and use Arccos and I hate having my phone in my pocket since it vibrates with calls and emails all day. To solve the problem I purchased a refurbished iPhone SE, the smallest they make, on eBay for around $100. Got it and it looks brand new. Anyway, I ordered it with no carrier. IE no phone service. Went to Best Buy and told them what it was for and they gave me a SIM card for free and installed it. You will need this to proceed in the phone setup.

Once setup is done connect to WiFi, download the Arcoss app and any courses you want to play and you are done. Get to the course, hit search and press the downloaded course and play and you are done. No phone calls, no emails and the phone is really small.

There is a drawback however, you cannot use the caddie feature for wind updates. It needs current data for that and without an internet connection which you most likely can't get on the course. At this point I don't even know the phone is there, don't care if it gets banged around and GPS still works and all data is tracked.

Greg - I asked this in the private message, but I think this info would be valuable to all our Spies and anyone who stumbles upon this thread. Can you confirm what Wedgie states above, that users can use an iPhone with no phone service to run the Arccos app with no issues?

Greg - I asked this in the private message, but I think this info would be valuable to all our Spies and anyone who stumbles upon this thread. Can you confirm what Wedgie states above, that users can use an iPhone with no phone service to run the Arccos app with no issues?

IMG_0014.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks, Wedgie. I would like Greg to confirm that as far as Arccos is concerned, there's no difference between a phone with data turned off and a phone with no service at all. I'm being completely anal here, but mainly I want to know that either Assisted GPS will work on a phone with no service (it should - the phone can still make 911 calls) or that Arccos doesn't need aGPS.

Thanks, Wedgie. I would like Greg to confirm that as far as Arccos is concerned, there's no difference between a phone with data turned off and a phone with no service at all. I'm being completely anal here, but mainly I want to know that either Assisted GPS will work on a phone with no service (it should - the phone can still make 911 calls) or that Arccos doesn't need aGPS.

Haha, you aren't being anal but it is better that he answers with a more thorough response. I think Arccos is great and it is best you have all your questions answered before investing in a new phone or whatever solution suites your needs. I found this works for me and is hassle free. If the weather ever cooperates in New England I will spend more time with the app and utilize it to its fullest.

• Like 2

Yeah, I know enough about this stuff to be dangerous, from trying to get a GPS tracking product off the ground back in 2010. I know the tech is much, much better now.