Golfspy_CG2

#CobraCONNECT Challenge: Full Bag Edition-Pre Chatter

Maybe Gregarccos can chime in and clarify. I just read how the Arccos sensor actually works on their website. It is an impact sensor and has a bluetooth connection to the phone. Each sensor is an individual device registered to your phone so when you hit a shot the app knows which club you hit i.e. when you pair each sensor you name the club 4, 5, 6 etc. Maybe the music problem is actually a device limitation because I was streaming music through bluetooth to my airpods. Might have too many bluetooth devices at the same time which limits the streaming. 

Our 360 sensors communicate to the phone via the phone's microphone. Unfortunately Apple does not allow multiple devices to use the microphone at once, so if you are on the phone while using Arccos it will not detect shots. Apple also restricts the ability to stream music while we are using the microphone. From a technical standpoint this shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately due to the OS restriction, we are unable to develop around this.

The gen-1 sensors do communicate to the phone via bluetooth, but since they don't use the microphone you can stream music with these sensors. But again the embedded sensors in the Cobra Connect clubs, are our 2nd generation Arccos 360 sensors. 

• Like 3

Our 360 sensors communicate to the phone via the phone's microphone. Unfortunately Apple does not allow multiple devices to use the microphone at once, so if you are on the phone while using Arccos it will not detect shots. Apple also restricts the ability to stream music while we are using the microphone. From a technical standpoint this shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately due to the OS restriction, we are unable to develop around this.

The gen-1 sensors do communicate to the phone via bluetooth, but since they don't use the microphone you can stream music with these sensors. But again the embedded sensors in the Cobra Connect clubs, are our 2nd generation Arccos 360 sensors.

Greg - Thanks for the great info you're providing. This will really help us with our reviews.

Question for Greg. How long do the sensors stay on when they are not upside down? When you practice putting or a range session with primary one club should the sensor be removed?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Question for Greg. How long do the sensors stay on when they are not upside down? When you practice putting or a range session with primary one club should the sensor be removed?

Mooremikea - the sensors activate via UV light, so if they are out of the bag e.g. at the range they will be advertising the whole time. For a normal warm up before the round I would not be concerned as they really do not use much battery. However, if you are doing frequent extended range sessions with the same club, you might want to consider carrying a roll of black electrical tape with you. If you cover the sensor from the light it won't advertise, this is likely easier than screwing the sensor off/on constantly and risk putting them back on the wrong club. But it's really up to you.

HardcoreLooper - I'm happy to help!

• Like 1

After a less-than-stellar first experience with my fitting at Golf Galaxy, I returned to the store the following day to talk with the manager. I explained what had happened and what I needed to get out of the fitting. I told him that I expected one of two things:

1. To get a fitting that would leave me with some confidence that the specs I had were right for me.

- or -

2. A refund, because I had little or no confidence in my first fitting.

The manager (Nathaniel) then apologized and told me that he'd fit me himself. Golf is all about recovering from mistakes, so I wanted to give him a chance.

We started out using the Mizuno shaft optimizer, and after a couple of swings it pointed us toward the Nippon Modus 105 S flex. Nathaniel stuck this into the F8 seven iron, and it really felt great. Very similar to what I have in my old Mizuno MX-200s. After about 10 shots, we took a look at the numbers and confirmed that this was the shaft for me. A couple of shots with impact tape and a sharpie line on the ball showed us that I should be using clubs with a standard lie angle, instead of the 2* flat I have in my current clubs.

Then we moved to the driver. We started out with the F8 plus, and while we liked the numbers I was getting with the Aldila NV 60 (S flex), it was just too hard to control for me. I dropped a few bombs (well, bombs for me at least), but I hit a bunch of really ugly balls as well. He really wanted to see me hit the F8, but the demo head was nowhere to be found. Finally we found out that someone had cracked the only demo head they had. Nathaniel commented that Cobra does not give them a ton of demo equipment to keep on hand. But since I was working with the manager, he was nice enough to grab an F8 off the rack and tape it up to let me hit it. I'm glad he did. The regular F8 spins a little more, but it's much friendlier to hit. Even with the little bit of added spin, it's still in the mid-2000s and much better than my R11 and 913.

I hit the 19* hybrid, and it felt good, a little easier to hit than my old Hogan CFT. We talked about the configuration of my bag, and to my surprise, he recommended that I carry the four iron and only one hybrid, because the four is pretty easy to launch. There's quite a bit of technology brought to bear in these things, so I'm ready to give that four iron a shot (pun intended).

Mix in a fairway wood set to the four wood loft with the NV 60 S shaft, and my specs are set. GG may have driven it into the trees with my first fitting, but they recovered nicely from it and saved par. I am incredibly excited to get my new set made up.

I love my Modus 105! Congrats dude I'm excited for you and I'm sure the rest of the MGS fam is as well!

• Like 1

Very nice wite up Hardcore.. I hope to get in and get fit Thursday. . I'll update as soon as I get fit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've also heard that you can't use a bluetooth speaker while using it as well. Not that it's a huge issue, just something to note for those who like their music.

editing this to point out the fact that I'm an idiot and someone already noted that above. I'll see myself out.

Haha awesome

After a less-than-stellar first experience with my fitting at Golf Galaxy, I returned to the store the following day to talk with the manager. I explained what had happened and what I needed to get out of the fitting. I told him that I expected one of two things:

1. To get a fitting that would leave me with some confidence that the specs I had were right for me.

- or -

2. A refund, because I had little or no confidence in my first fitting.

The manager (Nathaniel) then apologized and told me that he'd fit me himself. Golf is all about recovering from mistakes, so I wanted to give him a chance.

We started out using the Mizuno shaft optimizer, and after a couple of swings it pointed us toward the Nippon Modus 105 S flex. Nathaniel stuck this into the F8 seven iron, and it really felt great. Very similar to what I have in my old Mizuno MX-200s. After about 10 shots, we took a look at the numbers and confirmed that this was the shaft for me. A couple of shots with impact tape and a sharpie line on the ball showed us that I should be using clubs with a standard lie angle, instead of the 2* flat I have in my current clubs.

Then we moved to the driver. We started out with the F8 plus, and while we liked the numbers I was getting with the Aldila NV 60 (S flex), it was just too hard to control for me. I dropped a few bombs (well, bombs for me at least), but I hit a bunch of really ugly balls as well. He really wanted to see me hit the F8, but the demo head was nowhere to be found. Finally we found out that someone had cracked the only demo head they had. Nathaniel commented that Cobra does not give them a ton of demo equipment to keep on hand. But since I was working with the manager, he was nice enough to grab an F8 off the rack and tape it up to let me hit it. I'm glad he did. The regular F8 spins a little more, but it's much friendlier to hit. Even with the little bit of added spin, it's still in the mid-2000s and much better than my R11 and 913.

I hit the 19* hybrid, and it felt good, a little easier to hit than my old Hogan CFT. We talked about the configuration of my bag, and to my surprise, he recommended that I carry the four iron and only one hybrid, because the four is pretty easy to launch. There's quite a bit of technology brought to bear in these things, so I'm ready to give that four iron a shot (pun intended).

Mix in a fairway wood set to the four wood loft with the NV 60 S shaft, and my specs are set. GG may have driven it into the trees with my first fitting, but they recovered nicely from it and saved par. I am incredibly excited to get my new set made up.

Good stuff. Glad to hear the Manager made things right.

I had the Modus shafts in a previous set and liked them alot.

• Like 2

Mooremikea - the sensors activate via UV light, so if they are out of the bag e.g. at the range they will be advertising the whole time. For a normal warm up before the round I would not be concerned as they really do not use much battery. However, if you are doing frequent extended range sessions with the same club, you might want to consider carrying a roll of black electrical tape with you. If you cover the sensor from the light it won't advertise, this is likely easier than screwing the sensor off/on constantly and risk putting them back on the wrong club. But it's really up to you.

HardcoreLooper - I'm happy to help!

So the advice I gave earlier about carrying your clubs upside down is outdated?  I remember reading this on your web site was this advice true for the 1st gen bluetooth sensors?  

So the advice I gave earlier about carrying your clubs upside down is outdated?  I remember reading this on your web site was this advice true for the 1st gen bluetooth sensors?  

mooremikea - yes this is true for our gen-1 sensors. When the sensors were turned upside down it would keep the sensors from advertising.

• Like 1

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today!  Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs!  Thanks again to  MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 8

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today! Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs! Thanks again to MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

Nice, enjoy! It is certainly fun to play around with and look at the data.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Well guys, just wanted to let everyone know that most of us just received the Arccos 360 system today! Looking forward to running it through it's paces and getting a baseline for the current clubs! Thanks again to MygolfSpy, Arccos and Cobra for making this challenge happen!

MDGolfHacker

Awesome!

Has everyone posted their social media links so we can follow? I haven't seen them some place obvious. Maybe a mod could pin a post with everyone's info?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome!

Has everyone posted their social media links so we can follow? I haven't seen them some place obvious. Maybe a mod could pin a post with everyone's info?

Max - Check our sigs. I think we've all put our social media profiles in our sigs.

• Like 2

Well, I have installed the sensors (nothing like installing it at 11:00PM at night, LOL :)).  The sensors seemed to be fairly durable but I would caution anyone screwing them in to take their time as the screw piece is made of plastic.  It took me approximately 30 minutes to unbox and install the 14 sensors provided.  Another 30 minutes to pair all the clubs.  That 30 minute pairing included downloading the app (which I did previously and took all of 10 seconds), and pairing 13 clubs, and unpairing and re-pairing 3 clubs (not the smartest idea to pair while watching a replay of the Masters, LOL).  I re-paired the Driver as I somehow missed that pairing, the 3W which paired as the driver and the putter because I wasn't watching the pairing screen indicating what I should be pairing.  It's pretty simple to pair as the App automatically moves to the next club to be paired (which may of been why I missed the driver).  Kudos to Arccos for making it easy to do. I'm all set to test this out and start getting a baseline.

I have photos to share which I'll do tomorrow through the pre-cobra thread and instagram.  Looking forward to testing Arccos 360 out tomorrow during league!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 6

Well, I have installed the sensors (nothing like installing it at 11:00PM at night, LOL :)). The sensors seemed to be fairly durable but I would caution anyone screwing them in to take their time as the screw piece is made of plastic. It took me approximately 30 minutes to unbox and install the 14 sensors provided. Another 30 minutes to pair all the clubs. That 30 minute pairing included downloading the app (which I did previously and took all of 10 seconds), and pairing 13 clubs, and unpairing and re-pairing 3 clubs (not the smartest idea to pair while watching a replay of the Masters, LOL). I re-paired the Driver as I somehow missed that pairing, the 3W which paired as the driver and the putter because I wasn't watching the pairing screen indicating what I should be pairing. It's pretty simple to pair as the App automatically moves to the next club to be paired (which may of been why I missed the driver). Kudos to Arccos for making it easy to do. I'm all set to test this out and start getting a baseline.

I have photos to share which I'll do tomorrow through the pre-cobra thread and instagram. Looking forward to testing Arccos 360 out tomorrow during league!

MDGolfHacker

Great to hear! I raced home today in the hopes mine were here... negative

Great to hear! I raced home today in the hopes mine were here... negative

Hopefully you're only a day or two behind our delivery!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Max - Check our sigs. I think we've all put our social media profiles in our sigs.

I hadn't noticed, thanks. Sigs don't show up on mobile app, which is what I happened to be on at the time I posted that.

Great write up thus far guys - very excited to see how this plays out.  

One of the cooler giveaways in a while